Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2021, 06:58 AM - 2 Likes   #1666
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Dr. Fauci admits to "adjusting" the facts, at first, to reduce mask purchases. Later he moves the goalposts based on what he thinks people will tolerate and it was calculated to influence their behavior. That is not science. That is manipulation and one of the reasons people distrust the science.

Thanks,
barondla
So you think they should have encouraged people to buy up all the PPE they could get their hands on so that the front line health care workers would have been even less protected?
Listen to the rational behind it and it might make some sense to you.
The people who don't trust the science are the same ones who were manipulated by their dear leaders into not trusting the science. The problem wasn't with the scientists, the problem was with trusting congenital liars who are willing to sacrifice their own people in the name of being in power.
People are, unfortunately, stupid enough that they have to be manipulated, especially in the present culture of pretending the next door neighbor's pet cat knowns more than the doctors because he doesn't like the veterinarian.
I mean, really, people were manipulated into cleaning out an entire supply chain of toilet paper via social media.
Why? because they are dumb as domestic turkeys

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-23-2021 at 07:13 AM.
09-23-2021, 07:02 AM   #1667
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So the Ro of cholera is different with and without sewers, rain, large numbers of people. It is inconstant. It tells me more about a society than the disease?

If so then assigning it to the disease is forcing a mindset that says society is unchangable. I dislike language like this.

What is the Rb (blur) of runners. If i photograph runners and my blur rate is high I adjust my shutter not the runners. In fact makings runners stop prevents me calling them runners. I like language like this.
09-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #1668
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
So you think they should have encouraged people to buy up all the PPE they could get their hands on so that the front line health care workers would have been even less protected?
Listen to the rational behind it and it might make some sense to you.
The people who don't trust the science are the same ones who were manipulated by their dear leaders into not trusting the science. The problem wasn't with the scientists, the problem was with trusting congenital liars who are willing to sacrifice his own people in the name of being in power.
People are, unfortunately, stupid enough that they have to be manipulated, especially in the present culture of pretending the next door neighbor's pet cat knowns more than the doctors because he doesn't like the veterinarian.
I mean, really, people were manipulated into cleaning out an entire supply chain of toilet paper via social media.
Why? because they are dumb as domestic turkeys
I love the current rumor that the vaccine will be put into salad dressing in order to get unsuspecting people vaccinated

That is according to a former high ranking governmental official who was pardoned
09-23-2021, 07:25 AM   #1669
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I love the current rumor that the vaccine will be put into salad dressing in order to get unsuspecting people vaccinated

That is according to a former high ranking governmental official who was pardoned
And in other news:

Man assaults Sherbrooke nurse after she vaccinated wife without his 'consent,' police say | CBC News

Here in Saskatchewan, the medical profession is calling for another lockdown as the spread of the virus is getting enough out of hand that they figure within a couple of weeks they will be turning people away at the hospitals because there will be no more capacity at all.

It probably won't happen, but it is an indication that we (well the dear leaders) have done just about the worst job possible of controlling the pandemic.

---------- Post added Sep 23rd, 2021 at 08:31 AM ----------

Probably started by the beef industry to lower the price of feed.
Can cows live on lettuce?

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-23-2021 at 07:30 AM.
09-23-2021, 07:36 AM - 2 Likes   #1670
Veteran Member

snopes says it's not quite as crazy as it sounds.
"The COVID-19 vaccine is not being put into salad dressing, nor has anyone proposed such a thing. However, similar mRNA vaccines could be grown in edible plants like lettuce, and that is something that is now being actively researched."
Flynn's 'Vaccine in Salad Dressing' Comment Not as Crazy as It Sounds | Snopes.com
09-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #1671
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
snopes says it's not quite as crazy as it sounds.
"The COVID-19 vaccine is not being put into salad dressing, nor has anyone proposed such a thing. However, similar mRNA vaccines could be grown in edible plants like lettuce, and that is something that is now being actively researched."
Flynn's 'Vaccine in Salad Dressing' Comment Not as Crazy as It Sounds | Snopes.com
The mRNA used could be grown in plants.
Whether it makes it to our cells, now that's a completely different story. We don't express plant mRNA just by eating veggies - not unless the delivery is correct.
09-23-2021, 08:03 AM   #1672
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Can’t be any less nutritious than silage.

09-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #1673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
So the Ro of cholera is different with and without sewers, rain, large numbers of people. It is inconstant. It tells me more about a society than the disease?

If so then assigning it to the disease is forcing a mindset that says society is unchangable. I dislike language like this.

What is the Rb (blur) of runners. If i photograph runners and my blur rate is high I adjust my shutter not the runners. In fact makings runners stop prevents me calling them runners. I like language like this.
I think slartibartfast01 and Alan posted things that indicate that R0 refers to contagiousness in normal settings (without precautions). Presumably sewers would be the baseline for some societies and not for others. Re refers to how things are after societal adjustments are made.

You may not like the terminology, but I think it does make sense. These are all estimations. I think they are valid, but that depends on the level of testing in a community.

---------- Post added 09-23-21 at 11:15 AM ----------

And in other news:

Man assaults Sherbrooke nurse after she vaccinated wife without his 'consent,' police say | CBC News

Here in Saskatchewan, the medical profession is calling for another lockdown as the spread of the virus is getting enough out of hand that they figure within a couple of weeks they will be turning people away at the hospitals because there will be no more capacity at all.

It probably won't happen, but it is an indication that we (well the dear leaders) have done just about the worst job possible of controlling the pandemic.

---------- Post added Sep 23rd, 2021 at 08:31 AM ----------

Probably started by the beef industry to lower the price of feed.
The anger at healthcare workers makes me so sad. They really have been stressed to the maximum for the last year plus and are doing the best they can in harrowing circumstances. I read this story from Idaho: Idaho's COVID Nightmare: Hospitals Set Crisis Standards Of Care And people are threatening to kill healthcare workers because they aren't giving their loved ones ivermectin.

There is serious gaslighting going on, with a segment of the public believing that health care workers are deliberately treating COVID patients badly and denying them life saving treatment. Gone are the 'Heroes Work Here" memes. I guess we've moved on from that.

Last edited by Rondec; 09-23-2021 at 08:39 AM.
09-23-2021, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #1674
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think slartibartfast01 and Alan posted things that indicate that R0 refers to contagiousness in normal settings (without precautions). Presumably sewers would be the baseline for some societies and not for others. Re refers to how things are after societal adjustments are made.

You may not like the terminology, but I think it does make sense. These are all estimations. I think they are valid, but that depends on the level of testing in a community.

---------- Post added 09-23-21 at 11:15 AM ----------

The anger at healthcare workers makes me so sad. They really have been stressed to the maximum for the last year plus and are doing the best they can in harrowing circumstances. I read this story from Idaho: Idaho's COVID Nightmare: Hospitals Set Crisis Standards Of Care And people are threatening to kill healthcare workers because they aren't giving their loved ones ivermectin.

There is serious gaslighting going on, with a segment of the public believing that health care workers are deliberately treating COVID patients badly and denying them life saving treatment. Gone are the 'Heroes Work Here" memes. I guess we've move on from that.
We've had 6 or more years of being stirred up by people who have no leadership skills beyond being able to make people angry and turn them against each other in the name of garnering power.
I watched a news cast the other day, a fellow being interviewed said there was a snowballs chance in hell of him taking the vaccine because the pharma companies had deliberately delayed them to make his dear leader look bad.
This is the mentality of stupidity, anger and hate that has been infused into a significant portion of society by people who see stoking division as a way to power. History has shown that it's a great way to garner power, but history has also shown us that this type of person will be very bad for whatever nation, and sometimes the entire world, that has to suffer him/her.
09-23-2021, 08:38 AM - 6 Likes   #1675
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I watched a news cast the other day, a fellow being interviewed said there was a snowballs chance in hell of him taking the vaccine because the pharma companies had deliberately delayed them to make his dear leader look bad.
And as usual, the enemy is simultaneously weak and strong, dumb and intelligent. The vaccine was simultaneously delayed and rushed to the people too fast.

Orwell is rolling in his grave hard enough to generate electricity.
09-23-2021, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #1676
Pentaxian

So some anti vaxxers think think the vaccines were developed too quickly so they can't possibly be safe and others think they were too slow. You couldn't make it up.

Edit. You beat me to it
09-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #1677
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
So some anti vaxxers think think the vaccines were developed too quickly so they can't possibly be safe and others think they were too slow. You couldn't make it up.

Edit. You beat me to it
I think it's sometimes both at the same time.
It's another conspiracy theory I suppose, and for it to be that, it doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be able to be twisted into a narrative.
09-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #1678
Pentaxian

A local nail bar insist on masks and keep the place spotlessly clean so they take Covid seriously. Recently the owners both caught Covid-19 and the husband of one ended up in hospital. Now you might assume as I did that since they took Covid-19 seriously they would have been vaccinated. Apparently not, they don't believe in it.

09-23-2021, 09:06 AM   #1679
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . It's another conspiracy theory I suppose, and for it to be that, it doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be able to be twisted into a narrative.
no one has determined exactly who said this first

QuoteQuote:
There’s a sucker born every minute.
There’s a fool born every minute.
but I think it applies to those who believes in the covid 19 conspiracy theories

just MHO

and folks are free to disagree with that opinion
09-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #1680
Pentaxian

no one has determined exactly who said this first

but I think it applies to those who believes in the covid 19 conspiracy theories

just MHO

and folks are free to disagree with that opinion
People who believe conspiracy theories tend to believe all of them. They aren't selective, that would require rational thought

Closed Thread