Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2021, 04:45 AM   #2281
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Wait we're allowed to bring threads back on topic? First notice I get! . . .
bringing a thread back on topic

the threads are supposed to have a common topic

is that a new thing ?

11-24-2021, 06:29 AM   #2282
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am not yet due for my booster yet.
I had waited for my first 2 jabs until the frenzy died down and I didn't have to log in a 6 in the morning in hopes that there was a chance.

We are in the same thing for the booster shot now. I am hoping by the time I am due, it will have died down again.

Not so sure about that. My gf works in healthcare. Both her boss and coworker have had to call out because of being positive for Covid.

Healthcare is short staffed because of Covid. It doesn't help when someone comes to a clinic with Covid refuses to wear a mask without argument, then not properly. Then after being put in the negativee airflow room away from everyone else refuses to stay there with their mask on. Instead they come out and shout about how long it is taking.
11-24-2021, 07:22 AM - 3 Likes   #2283
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
. . . Healthcare is short staffed because of Covid. It doesn't help when someone comes to a clinic with Covid refuses to wear a mask without argument, then not properly. Then after being put in the negativee airflow room away from everyone else refuses to stay there with their mask on. Instead they come out and shout about how long it is taking.
my daughter in law is in healthcare

we owe a lot of thanks to those folks
11-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #2284
Pentaxian

I am not yet due for my booster yet.
I had waited for my first 2 jabs until the frenzy died down and I didn't have to log in a 6 in the morning in hopes that there was a chance.

We are in the same thing for the booster shot now. I am hoping by the time I am due, it will have died down again.

Not so sure about that. My gf works in healthcare. Both her boss and coworker have had to call out because of being positive for Covid.

Healthcare is short staffed because of Covid. It doesn't help when someone comes to a clinic with Covid refuses to wear a mask without argument, then not properly. Then after being put in the negativee airflow room away from everyone else refuses to stay there with their mask on. Instead they come out and shout about how long it is taking.
Our state had a computerized reservation system. I signed up in mid-Janueary for a February 2 slot.
It was very easy.

11-24-2021, 12:20 PM   #2285
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
we owe a lot of thanks to those folks
Can't be said often enough. It's a real pity so many people don't realise how tough it has been and still is for them.
11-24-2021, 11:54 PM - 3 Likes   #2286
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I see the world is at 5,150,000 deaths.

To put that in perspective, here's a graphic.

That's 11,000 747 airplanes full of people.

If you parked all those 747s nose to tail, that will be a line of airplanes from New York City to Toledo.
747s eh?

Now that's something I can relate to.
11-25-2021, 12:26 AM - 3 Likes   #2287
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I see the world is at 5,150,000 deaths.

To put that in perspective, here's a graphic.

That's 11,000 747 airplanes full of people.

If you parked all those 747s nose to tail, that will be a line of airplanes from New York City to Toledo.
Now, some people* will say that’s proof it’s a hoax, because there were only 1,556 747s made.

*One of my relatives used to say that we shouldn’t mock the afflicted, but this sort of twisted logic is being deployed daily, so I’m happy to make an exception for them.

11-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #2288
Pentaxian

Looks like a new variant might out compete delta.
Covid-19 “super variant” surging in Gauteng ? may be all over South Africa

Dubbed B.1.1.529, Imperial College London virologist Tom Peacock highlighted that the new variant contains a high number of mutations, including more than 30 in the spike protein.

“Probably by tomorrow, we will have one of the greek variant names to help us use the terminology,” said Richard Lessells, doctor of Infectious Diseases and HIV/TB researcher at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
11-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #2289
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a new variant might out compete delta.
Covid-19 “super variant” surging in Gauteng ? may be all over South Africa

Dubbed B.1.1.529, Imperial College London virologist Tom Peacock highlighted that the new variant contains a high number of mutations, including more than 30 in the spike protein.

“Probably by tomorrow, we will have one of the greek variant names to help us use the terminology,” said Richard Lessells, doctor of Infectious Diseases and HIV/TB researcher at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Mutations in the spike protein might be an issue with the vaccine formulation. It's like this just doesn't want to end.
11-25-2021, 03:20 PM - 3 Likes   #2290
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had my third Pfizer shot on Monday, seven months after my second. It hit me a little harder than the first two; I got a little tired walking the dog the next morning, and had mild core muscular aches for two days. I was glad to have organised Tuesday off work. All good now.

Timing could not have been better; it came the day before South Australia drastically decreased our border restrictions. We even have an interstate guest staying with us at the moment; she is, of course, fully vaccinated and had a negative PCR test on arrival. What's more, two more guest will arrive from Melbourne tomorrow!
11-25-2021, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #2291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
two more guest will arrive from Melbourne tomorrow!
Doomed, Doomed
11-25-2021, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #2292
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
two more guest[s] will arrive from Melbourne tomorrow!
"Guests" = "Vectors".

What a sight that will be, you all watching Netflix in the living room, the guests relaxing in pyjamas, your family in NBC suits.
11-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #2293
Inactive Account

Another reason to get the vaccine.
New Covid Variant in South Africa Causes a "Serious Concern" - Bloomberg
Read the news in the morning and see the senseless or better say panic selloff in the Tokyo market give me a real headache.
11-26-2021, 02:45 AM   #2294
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
What a sight that will be, you all watching Netflix in the living room, the guests relaxing in pyjamas, your family in NBC suits.
Someone needs to make an exhibit with such photographs, now that you mention it. Portraits of the everyday life and all that...
11-26-2021, 03:19 AM - 1 Like   #2295
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Mutations in the spike protein might be an issue with the vaccine formulation. It's like this just doesn't want to end.
It's clear that it won't "end." I think the hope would be that between naturally acquired immunity, anti-virals, and vaccinations, we will have a situation where COVID is more flu-like -- something that makes people sick but doesn't typically kill them.

Influenza does cause 20 to 30 thousand deaths a year in the United States, sometimes more. We don't get too worked up over it. I think the hope is that COVID eventually gets to the same place.
Closed Thread