Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2021, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #2521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife received her third (booster) dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. I got mine two weeks ago.

My daughter and her boyfriend have made appointments for next week.

We postponed a visit to my wife's elderly aunt last weekend, at least until she too has been boosted.

Chris

12-06-2021, 03:58 PM   #2522
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
while there are questions about how the omicron variant will be affected by the current vaccines - time will tell

people here in the US and perhaps elsewhere ?, should proceed to get vaccinated and boosted when appropriate with the current vaccines

it's the delta variant that still " rules " here

QuoteQuote:
U.S. cases top 100,000 daily as delta remains dominant

By Bryan Pietsch 6:34 a.m.

The United States is averaging more than 100,000 new coronavirus cases each day for the first time in two months, as the delta variant remains dominant amid fears of the new omicron variant.

On Sunday, the seven-day average was more than 118,000 new cases per day, according to Washington Post tracking. The last time it topped 100,000 was Oct. 6, when the country was averaging over 101,000 new cases daily.

Demand for coronavirus vaccines has also spiked in recent weeks, as more Americans are eligible for booster shots and concerns grow over the omicron variant.

Despite concerns about omicron, which scientists are still working to fully understand, the vast majority of new infections in the United States are of the delta variant, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Rochelle Walensky, said Friday.
QuoteQuote:
Where omicron has been detected in the United States

By Annabelle Timsit 6:02 a.m.

Cases of the omicron variant — which was first identified last month in southern Africa and has now spread to at least 17 U.S. states — are likely to rise further in the United States, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky said Sunday.

“We know we have several dozen cases [of omicron] and we’re following them closely, and we are every day hearing about more and more probable cases, so that number is likely to rise,” Walensky said in an interview with ABC News.

Almost all coronavirus cases in the United States are associated with the delta variant, Walensky said, and a lot of questions remain about omicron, including how it will react to coronavirus vaccines and existing treatments.

Still, Walensky said, the Food and Drug Administration is “already in conversations about streamlining the authorization … of an omicron-specific vaccine” with an eye to adjusting the mRNA code of existing vaccines to better protect against the variant if needed. Public health officials, meanwhile, are tracking existing cases of omicron in the following states:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii. Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington
Wisconsin
Coronavirus live updates: NYC expands vaccine mandate to private employers - The Washington Post

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-06-2021 at 04:04 PM.
12-06-2021, 04:03 PM - 6 Likes   #2523
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Oh dear. The Howard Springs site is an Australian Government Quarantine Centre. It was created as a response to the failures of hotel quarantine in a number of places. This YouTube video is as believable as the others that fabricate horror stories about Australia's gun control laws.

Let's not vanish down the YouTube rabbit hole of nonsense, please.
12-06-2021, 04:07 PM - 5 Likes   #2524
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Exactly who is this fool, Fenwoodian, and who listens to him?

While our borders were closed, permitted travellers to Australia (such as those on business) could fly into Sydney, Melbourne or wherever, and quarantine in a hotel room for 14 days.

This facility is a special one, in the desert. Travellers from high risk countries have been sent there first to do their 14 days rather than into our cities. In addition, special repatriation flights have ended up here, too. This woman is probably someone who in the country she was living couldn't get a commercial flight back to Australia for whatever reason, but the government has arranged a charter plane.

This is her gratitude to us taxpayers. Selfishly not following the rules for everyone's safety, and giving a hard time to civil servants just doing their jobs in an outback environment, a long way from their loved ones.

Thumbs down!

Because of our approach to covid, thanks to masks and lockdowns, we're a country of 25 million people that's had just 2,000 deaths in two years. We continued to look after each other, no matter how difficult it's been.

Restrictions in different states have been dropped as our vaccination rates went past ninety percent, but there is still no 'laissez faire'. I'm double vaccinated, but I can still get it without realising it and spread it to someone either unvaccinated or vaccinated but still vulnerable. Currently, I have to wear a mask if inside a retail shop or on public transport.

This is saving lives or common courtesy, whichever way you want to look at it. It is not for the benefit of any ruling political party, any restrictions on businesses and lifestyles are of course unattractive to a government's opinion polling.

But we elect politicians to make the right decisions, not just the popular ones, right?

Last edited by clackers; 12-06-2021 at 07:24 PM.
12-06-2021, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #2525
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Let's not vanish down the YouTube rabbit hole of nonsense, please.
Unfortunately, for a lot of people that ship sailed... huh, almost two years ago now . I've lost count of how many times I've had to bring the numbers to bear on people just to be told "it's all fabricated".

Their absolute tinfoil conspiranoid [expletive chain in 3 languages]... stuff, however, is clearly not fabricated.
12-06-2021, 04:10 PM - 3 Likes   #2526
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
. . . . I'm double vaccinated, but I can still get it without realising it and give it to someone either unvaccinated or vaccinated but still vulnerable.
which is why wearing a mask and socially distancing when possible helps you and others

even if you are vaccinated and boosted
12-06-2021, 04:14 PM - 10 Likes   #2527
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Australia's COVID Camps Are WARNING To Us All
And THIS is why you shouldn't get your information from YouTube.

"Mentally ill public health bureaucrats"? There's an example of unbiased reporting if I've ever heard it And a video from one angry woman with an axe to grind is not evidence of an out-of-control police state.

FYI, Howard Springs, just out of Darwin in the sparsely populated Northern Territory, is the only such camp in Australia. The other states manage their quarantine in capital city hotels, or more often now, in home quarantine. Meanwhile, our morbidity and mortality has been orders of magnitude lower than many other countries. In my state of South Australia, only four people have died of COVID-19 during the entire pandemic.

12-06-2021, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #2528
Pentaxian

I think after look all trend with viruses
Probably sooner or later everyone will be with some degree positive with Covid test
Different only if you vaccinated and boosted may be will very lite case or no symptom even
None vaccinated it’s different story
I think some population doesn’t matter what not take vaccine
Well we probably accept this as fact
Unfortunately price paid people who need not Covid related treatment
Selective surgery cancel no bed for heart or CVa patient
I saw this everyday
For normal people vaccine and mask will be best choice
So far no magic bullet even Merck tested anticovid pill or monoclonal antibody
12-06-2021, 04:38 PM - 2 Likes   #2529
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
There's an example of unbiased reporting if I've ever heard it
I went through the video and the angry woman is not the only one with an axe to grind - the reporter has an entire armory it seems, and it's all in full display in the first 30 seconds. So much for serious journalism .
12-06-2021, 04:46 PM   #2530
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
. . . Different only if you vaccinated and boosted may be will very lite case or no symptom even
None vaccinated it’s different story. . .

as I understand it, the developed vaccines for covid - 19 are like the flu shots that are available

not designed to prevent 100 % to protect against infection but to weaken the infection if you get it

unlike some other vaccines which prevent any infection after being vaccinated
12-06-2021, 06:07 PM - 5 Likes   #2531
Closed Account

Moderator notice

Hi folks, the leniency being shown by the moderation team in this thread regarding political content, is being badly taken for granted by a minority of members.

As the majority of members are only taking the inch given, it has been decided not to punish them by closing the thread, but instead to issue thread bans on the few that are ignoring the repeated in-thread requests to play within the relaxed enforcement of the rules here.

Any thread bans given are self-inflicted, so please post accordingly.

Thanks for your cooperation.
12-06-2021, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #2532
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Unfortunately, for a lot of people that ship sailed... huh, almost two years ago now . I've lost count of how many times I've had to bring the numbers to bear on people just to be told "it's all fabricated".

Their absolute tinfoil conspiranoid [expletive chain in 3 languages]... stuff, however, is clearly not fabricated.
True that. It’s so easy to conflate, exaggerate or just plain make up things about countries half a world away.
12-06-2021, 07:15 PM - 4 Likes   #2533
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like Youtube for music and cat videos.
12-06-2021, 07:19 PM   #2534
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I like Youtube for music and cart videos.
Fixed it for you.
12-06-2021, 07:24 PM - 3 Likes   #2535
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my thanks to those who have or will express condolences
So sorry to hear, Alan. I have a similar story - my sister lost her husband to covid last week. The whole family (they have 2 sons) came down with it. Only one son (my nephew) was vaccinated, the rest were fervent anti-vaxxers who would not be swayed. None of them had to be hospitalized, and they did receive some type of treatment. They all improved over the past couple weeks except for the husband, who started having breathing problems. He apparently thought he could ride it out, and would not go back to the doctor. So sad and frustrating because it was so completely avoidable. Get the shot!!
Closed Thread