Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #3331
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And the "research" on youtube and faceplant is so much more accessible than the scientific journals that I don't subscribe to because of the enormous cost, plus the problem that I don't have a PhD and would therefore struggle with the big words.
but I do trust the scientists who explain the findings in short sentences of short commonly-used words.

01-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #3332
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
but I do trust the scientists who explain the findings in short sentences of short commonly-used words.

such as

" and ", " the " and " end " ?

01-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #3333
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
You can put that propaganda away, I had a pretty severe almost debilitating case of vertigo a day after my second shot and its still on going to this day There were thousands of adverse reactions like this reported into the VARES system with no recourse but to "tough" it out with these reactions to an experimental "vaccine". And now there is Omicron and we are still being lied to by the alphabet agencies and their heads about it all in hopes to scare the uninformed. These people are at best incompetent and at worst purposely lying about some of this.
It is not “propaganda”.
Perhaps ‘thousands’ of you do react, but millions like me do fine,
and doctors routinely mention many more hospitalizations and many more deaths occur amongst those who avoid vaccination.

This vaccine is not “experimental”.
Most analysis of data involves comparing those who are vaccinated to those who choose to remain unvaccinated.
The vaccines work!!

Last edited by reh321; 01-24-2022 at 03:16 PM.
01-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #3334
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
You mean dumb it down for the uneducated?

01-24-2022, 03:35 PM - 3 Likes   #3335
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Someone once said "If you can't explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough"

01-24-2022, 03:43 PM - 3 Likes   #3336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Someone once said "If you can't explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough"
There's a lot to be said for that, but I haven’t yet found someone who can explain string theory simply.
01-24-2022, 04:16 PM - 2 Likes   #3337
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
There's a lot to be said for that, but I haven’t yet found someone who can explain string theory simply.
Quantum Physics isn't far behind

01-24-2022, 04:37 PM - 3 Likes   #3338
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Such as "Listen to the science if you want less of a chance of dying before your time."?
01-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #3339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Such as "Listen to the science if you want less of a chance of dying before your time."?
Unless of course they are lying. Like when Dr. Fauci knowingly told people they didn't need to wear masks, when he knew better, to save health workers. If we did this we'd be in court. How many innocent people did he kill?

Thanks,
barondla
01-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #3340
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Unless of course they are lying. Like when Dr. Fauci knowingly told people they didn't need to wear masks, when he knew better, to save health workers. If we did this we'd be in court. How many innocent people did he kill?

Thanks,
barondla
hmm

let's say that is true [ I don't think that is what happened but for purpose of the discussion ]

did saving those health workers save anyone ?

if so, how many

how many would be enough to justify such actions

sacrifice some for the common good ??
01-24-2022, 07:45 PM - 2 Likes   #3341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
hmm

let's say that is true [ I don't think that is what happened but for purpose of the discussion ]

did saving those health workers save anyone ?

if so, how many

how many would be enough to justify such actions

sacrifice some for the common good ??
Did Anthony Fauci Say People No Longer Need to Wear Masks? | Snopes.com
01-24-2022, 07:50 PM   #3342
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Will best for all if CDC and Famous DR F
Step back from make WH happy to pure scientific and pure medical analysis this horrible pandemic and how with very cold head predicted how prevent future disaster
Period
Just keep science from politics better for all
01-24-2022, 07:56 PM - 2 Likes   #3343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Not at all - only certain people are familiar with the concepts and lingo of a specialty - as we said when I worked for a defense contractor, “have domain knowledge”.

It takes real skill to communicate real understanding that usually would take years to acquire.
“Public Health” is a specialty, just as “Ob/Gyn”, “Cardiology”, and “Neurology” are.
01-24-2022, 08:28 PM - 3 Likes   #3344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote

Thanks,
barondla
This is a mis-statement of what he actually did say in March 2020.
He did say “We should save the masks and other PPE for the ‘First Responders’ - they are the ones who really need them.”
Why is it that the only words remembered are those he never actually said?

Since then, industry has really picked up on the need.
For example, the Governor of Indiana arranged for local clothing firms to make masks,
and for a web-site to make them available.
My sister has made several series of masks and distributed them to our family.
We had a box of one-use masks remaining from when my wife had a health issue - that cache has long since been left behind.

Some mistakes were made in the early days as people learned by experience.
For example, we now know that a person is infectious for several days before s/he feels symptoms.
That is why we still should all mask - a person can infect others without knowing s/he her/him-self is sick.

Scientists tell us what they think right now - but they are constantly learning.
Saying different things on different days means that they are constantly learning - not that they were lying at some time.

Last edited by reh321; 01-24-2022 at 08:36 PM.
01-24-2022, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #3345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just signed up for the four "free by your government" at home test kits.
Not that I need them because our county provides free testing but why not... lol.
Closed Thread