Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
12-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
I am more worried about the exponential growth of antibiotic resistant pneumonia and other lethal bacteria evolving in hospitals than this mRNA vaccine designed for last year's strain of the virus. My doctor wouldn't even waste an antibody test on me in September because my bout with Covid was a mild fever for two days last January (when the experts told us the virus was nothing to worry about.)
My brother got over his virus in July, and his wife and daughters all tested positive with zero symptoms.
There’s surely a bit of internal tension in all that, if you’re worried about evolving bacteria but not evolving viruses.

Worrying, of course, is a futile exercise, unless you’re the one working on solving the problem at hand. All the rest of us can do is learn what we can and manage the risk accordingly.

12-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I got vaccinated last evening. Some arm soreness, but nothing else.

Well, I guess I should mention that I can only write and speak German now, but fortunately Google has wonderful translation software so it shouldn't affect my presence on the Forum.

(My wife says she appreciates me so much more now that she can't understand a thing I say).
Truly interesting vaccine side effect
We need submit to Vsafe CDC web side

---------- Post added 12-23-20 at 03:47 PM ----------

I hope whenFDA give green light new anti covid
Meds from Fudjifilm biotech company
We can read original Pentax web side without google translation
12-24-2020, 03:26 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
I am more worried about the exponential growth of antibiotic resistant pneumonia and other lethal bacteria evolving in hospitals than this mRNA vaccine designed for last year's strain of the virus. My doctor wouldn't even waste an antibody test on me in September because my bout with Covid was a mild fever for two days last January (when the experts told us the virus was nothing to worry about.)
My brother got over his virus in July, and his wife and daughters all tested positive with zero symptoms.
That is a blessing, but unfortunately, not everyone has such mild cases.
12-24-2020, 03:34 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
My fiancé is due one probably within the next week, being NHS staff and working with aseptic drugs. Looking forward to her having it, as I know she is.
Stay safe all.
So she's now been told that it's looking like it'll be early next year, instead of at some point this week.
The frustrating thing is she cannot work out the order that these are being distributed. Two of her colleagues, no underlying health conditions in either, have had their first dose despite not visiting wards at present.
She is asthmatic, requiring a daily inhaler, and is currently visiting one ward daily.

12-29-2020, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Got vaccinated today. Anyone?.
Nope. Over here they just started yesterday. And not being a proper doc, I'm probably wayyyyyyyyyy down the list.
12-29-2020, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
So she's now been told that it's looking like it'll be early next year, instead of at some point this week.
The frustrating thing is she cannot work out the order that these are being distributed. Two of her colleagues, no underlying health conditions in either, have had their first dose despite not visiting wards at present.
She is asthmatic, requiring a daily inhaler, and is currently visiting one ward daily.
Here, they are starting with health care workers (not sure that they are doing a great job of sorting out who has direct care of COVID patients and who doesn't), then nursing home residents, and then they are supposed to move on to people over 75 and "essential workers." At least that is what I have read.
12-29-2020, 09:41 AM - 2 Likes   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
Not for me, I reckon. Folks with autoimmune disorders can have all sorts of new and different symptoms as well as worsening of whatever symptoms they already had. People with unusually aggressive immune systems can't handle the glutamic acid and aluminum salts they add to the vaccine, proper ("excipients"), to stimulate the patient's immune response. Could be deadly, and could actually cause the cytokine storm that some people experience when infected. The good part is that such people have an overactive immune response and probably don't ever "catch cold" at all (and all cold viruses are coronaviruses, this just happened to be the 2019 outbreak of a new mutation - hence the -19 in the name).

And, having already experimented with monoclonal antibodies (usually derived from the ovaries of golden Chinese hamsters) as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, I know for a fact that it'll be far better for me to "catch cold" than to get the shot. And, since I've been on one of the two proven preventatives, hydroxychloroquine, for years (Ivermectin being the other), I figure I'm at really low risk either for infection or transmission. Which is a good thing, since I can't breathe well enough to wear a mask.
With all the misinformation around I feel morally obliged to point out that this is complete and utter hogwash.

12-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #68
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
With all the misinformation around I feel morally obliged to point out that this is complete and utter hogwash.
Fine. I realize that for people whose main source of scientific information is CNN, thiink that way. But you try living with what I've got and having experience like mine, Oh, and read all the journal articles I've read from NIH, CDC, and the NLM, then tell me about what's hogwash and what ain't. But, that said, the fact that I neither need nor can tolerate the Trump Vaccines, doesn't mean I think other people should be like me. You should definitely get the Trump Vaccine.
12-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #69
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Went to my Doctor yesterday. My group 75+ is next in line. He's hoping mid January; and so am I! I don't care which vaccine, doesn't matter; I just want to get one.
12-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Fine. I realize that for people whose main source of scientific information is CNN, thiink that way. But you try living with what I've got and having experience like mine, Oh, and read all the journal articles I've read from NIH, CDC, and the NLM, then tell me about what's hogwash and what ain't. But, that said, the fact that I neither need nor can tolerate the Trump Vaccines, doesn't mean I think other people should be like me. You should definitely get the Trump Vaccine.
There is nothing in this link to suggest that those with Rheumatoid Arthritis shouldn't have the vaccine.
https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/about-arthritis/related-conditions...t-and-vaccines
Do you have links to sources that say it is not recommended?

12-30-2020, 03:51 AM   #71
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
There is nothing in this link to suggest that those with Rheumatoid Arthritis shouldn't have the vaccine.
COVID 19 FAQS Medication Treatment and Vaccines | Arthritis Foundation
Do you have links to sources that say it is not recommended?
Thanks for that, interesting article. Its main focus has to do with immunosuppressant drugs since lots of people with autoimmune disorder have to take drugs to disable their immune systems as the trade-off against being eaten alive by their own leukocytes. The downside of that, of course, is that over-compensation results in an inability to ward off more routine disease conditions. I suspect many such folks are being sucked into a regimen of pharmaceuticals they don't really need - they're incredibly expensive and once you're on 'em, you have to keep going with the promise of a lifetime of "treatments". Revision of one's diet is probably the most important thing in ameliorating the effects of autoimmune disorder, but no one from the medical treatment industry is talking about that.

The answer to the question is, "no". I don't have such links, because it is not contraindicated for people with autoimmune disorder, and apparently the virus kills people with normal healthy immune systems indirectly because of the "cytokine storm" (excessive immune response) stimulated by the virus. My point is that the vaccine may not be necessary or even useful for people with autoimmune disorder. And, since there is a risk with any such injection, and in this case the risks are largely unknown (as your article points out repeatedly), and, since the virus causes horrible and fatal symptoms on a relatively small number of people who contract it, one might be better off if he can avoid it. I, myself, have never had a 'flu vaccine, but then I've never had the 'flu or a cold. (Actually, I've probably "had" these viral infections every year, but have never experienced adverse symptoms.)
12-30-2020, 04:57 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I’ll take it when offered, but I don’t expect to get vaccinated before the 3rd or 4th quarter 2021.

Why? I can see the vaccine going first to the most vulnerable and health care workers, then to people who cannot work from home and or social assistance, to get them back to work, and finally to people who can fulfil their jobs from home, in Canada they set the target for 50% of the population by September 2021, that pretty much is the groups outlined above.

Normal won’t return likely until the end of 2021.
12-30-2020, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for that, interesting article. Its main focus has to do with immunosuppressant drugs since lots of people with autoimmune disorder have to take drugs to disable their immune systems as the trade-off against being eaten alive by their own leukocytes. The downside of that, of course, is that over-compensation results in an inability to ward off more routine disease conditions. I suspect many such folks are being sucked into a regimen of pharmaceuticals they don't really need - they're incredibly expensive and once you're on 'em, you have to keep going with the promise of a lifetime of "treatments". Revision of one's diet is probably the most important thing in ameliorating the effects of autoimmune disorder, but no one from the medical treatment industry is talking about that.

The answer to the question is, "no". I don't have such links, because it is not contraindicated for people with autoimmune disorder, and apparently the virus kills people with normal healthy immune systems indirectly because of the "cytokine storm" (excessive immune response) stimulated by the virus. My point is that the vaccine may not be necessary or even useful for people with autoimmune disorder. And, since there is a risk with any such injection, and in this case the risks are largely unknown (as your article points out repeatedly), and, since the virus causes horrible and fatal symptoms on a relatively small number of people who contract it, one might be better off if he can avoid it. I, myself, have never had a 'flu vaccine, but then I've never had the 'flu or a cold. (Actually, I've probably "had" these viral infections every year, but have never experienced adverse symptoms.)
You should do what you feel comfortable doing, but my experience has not been that people on immunosuppressant drugs either have milder cases of COVID or are protected somehow by the medicines they take. The data on hydroxychloroquine seems to be pretty negative and on ivermectin it is really scanty as well.
12-30-2020, 06:29 AM   #74
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
...my experience has not been that people on immunosuppressant drugs either have milder cases of COVID or are protected somehow by the medicines they take. ...
Exactly. I was suggesting that people whose natural immune response is inhibited by such drugs are more likely to "catch cold" than people with autoimmune disorder who aren't so impaired (i.e., those who can control the symptoms by use of hydroxychloroquine and a proper diet).
12-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I’ll take it when offered, but I don’t expect to get vaccinated before the 3rd or 4th quarter 2021.

Why? I can see the vaccine going first to the most vulnerable and health care workers, then to people who cannot work from home and or social assistance, to get them back to work, and finally to people who can fulfil their jobs from home, in Canada they set the target for 50% of the population by September 2021, that pretty much is the groups outlined above.

Normal won’t return likely until the end of 2021.
Starting July for General population in Ontario according to Hillier, but in earlier stages 80+, which will drop to 70+ then 65+ so depending on your age perhaps earlier than fall. I figure Fall is the earliest I will be able to get it but stage 2 rollout priorities aren't set fully yet, and it depends on how supply ramps
Closed Thread