Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2021, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #1141
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In the US, 97% of those tested positive of Covid are unvaccinated, and over 99% of Covid deaths are amongst the unvaccinated.
Interesting. I continue to receive messages that I will soon die because of the vaccine - me and another billion people.
I think I only have to live until autumn... d*mn, Pentax, hurry up with the D FA 21 Limited! I'd really want to touch it before turning into goo or whatever!

07-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #1142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Interesting. I continue to receive messages that I will soon die because of the vaccine - me and another billion people.
I think I only have to live until autumn... d*mn, Pentax, hurry up with the D FA 21 Limited! I'd really want to touch it before turning into goo or whatever!
One of the serious consequences of being stupid enough to be vaccinated is that you become magnetic.

If u want to enjoy the sturdy construction of ltds u may want to hold off.
07-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #1143
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the US, 97% of those tested positive of Covid are unvaccinated, and over 99% of Covid deaths are amongst the unvaccinated.

For any rational person this should be enough impetus to get vaccinated.

Yet the huge numbers of vaccine hesitant persist...

Chris
07-23-2021, 11:48 PM   #1144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
One of the serious consequences of being stupid enough to be vaccinated is that you become magnetic.

If u want to enjoy the sturdy construction of ltds u may want to hold off.
Nonsense - they're aluminium, thus non-magnetic.
The K-3iii's stainless steel chassis, though... I'd better stay away from that!

07-24-2021, 04:24 AM   #1145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On the plus side it will ensure that the OVF stays glued to you, avoiding both drops AND undue chimping. It's all on purpose
07-24-2021, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #1146
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wish NZ and Australia had been a little more aggressive at getting vaccines out. I read that just over 12 percent of the NZ populace was vaccinated right now. Maybe it doesn't feel pressing because you all have been able to get things under control without vaccines, but it also leaves you in a precarious position of having to be constantly vigilant that someone doesn't bring in the Delta strain by accident.
It's started here (Australia) now. Our largest state (New South Wales) got out of the gate a bit slowly in their response to a Delta outbreak and are now struggling. The other states have had some flow on but locked down hard and fast and seem to be getting on top of it.

Certainly there is a stronger focus on vaccines now.... just need the stock... probally October before we see a big change there.

My wife and I had our 2nd jab of pfizer earlier in the week.

Last edited by noelpolar; 07-24-2021 at 06:21 AM.
07-24-2021, 07:36 AM   #1147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ahh but....only cheap/low grade stainless steel is magnetic, good quality stainless steel is non-magnetic. Hopefully Ricoh used the good stuff for the K-3iii!

If you have to buy new cutlery/flatware or kitchen cookware take a magnet with you and pop it onto the object you wish to purchase. If it sticks it's low grade SS, if it falls off it's the good stuff!

To keep this post on topic....my wife and I are currently awaiting an appointment to get our second shot (Moderna) to be sure we are safe for when our daughter's fiance comes to visit as soon as the border to the USA opens. They are both fully vaccinated and have only been able to see each other via online video apps since the last lock-down at the beginning of this year. My wife and I haven't seen our future SIL in person since Xmas 2019 (my daughter traveled down to the USA for Xmas/New Year 2020/21).

Last edited by Tako Kichi; 07-24-2021 at 07:44 AM.
07-24-2021, 08:35 AM   #1148
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Ahh but....only cheap/low grade stainless steel is magnetic, good quality stainless steel is non-magnetic. Hopefully Ricoh used the good stuff for the K-3iii!

If you have to buy new cutlery/flatware or kitchen cookware take a magnet with you and pop it onto the object you wish to purchase. If it sticks it's low grade SS, if it falls off it's the good stuff!

To keep this post on topic....my wife and I are currently awaiting an appointment to get our second shot (Moderna) to be sure we are safe for when our daughter's fiance comes to visit as soon as the border to the USA opens. They are both fully vaccinated and have only been able to see each other via online video apps since the last lock-down at the beginning of this year. My wife and I haven't seen our future SIL in person since Xmas 2019 (my daughter traveled down to the USA for Xmas/New Year 2020/21).
I assume "flatware" is another term only used in North America

07-24-2021, 09:48 AM   #1149
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Part of the reason I keep commenting on the US-Canada border is that we know someone who was born in Canada. He is now a US citizen, but he would really like to visit his parents while they are still “with us”
07-24-2021, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #1150
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wish NZ and Australia had been a little more aggressive at getting vaccines out. I read that just over 12 percent of the NZ populace was vaccinated right now. Maybe it doesn't feel pressing because you all have been able to get things under control without vaccines, but it also leaves you in a precarious position of having to be constantly vigilant that someone doesn't bring in the Delta strain by accident.
I think it's been a bit haphazard here, the vaccine rollout. There's been a combination of factors: Because of our lower risk, the powers that be have been happy to wait in line with their vaccine orders so as to allow countries with higher levels of risk to be vaccinated first. There is also high levels of vaccine hesitancy under some population groups.

Currently, we're at around 19% having had their first dose and almost 13% being fully vaccinated. (Of total population.) Annoyingly, our part of the country is worst performing for population vaccinated. There's been all sorts of issues with 0800 numbers set up for people to call and no-one answering or numbers not connecting, with people told they are not eligible when they are etc. I'd be very surprised if we get past 70% vaccinated. Maybe that's too pessimistic - I don't know.
07-25-2021, 07:49 AM   #1151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Part of the reason I keep commenting on the US-Canada border is that we know someone who was born in Canada. He is now a US citizen, but he would really like to visit his parents while they are still “with us”
If he retained his Canadian citizenship (i.e. he now has dual citizenship) he should have been able to return home to check on his parents but may have had to have an expensive 2 week stay in a quarantine hotel after arriving. My daughter flew down to the USA for 2 months in 2020 so that she could be with her fiance for the US Thanksgiving and Xmas/New Year period but hurried home when Canada announced the border closures for the last lock-down period in early January 2021. She didn't have to go to a quarantine hotel but she did have to quarantine at home which also meant that her mother and I also had to go into a 2 week home quarantine because she had been to the USA and was in our house!
07-25-2021, 11:24 AM - 3 Likes   #1152
Pentaxian

Don't worry, stainless steel isn't magnetic.

Having had my second shot a month ago, I must say that walking into a hardware store is painful with all the nuts and bolts and screws flying at you, all the while listening to Bill Gates whispering evil things into your ear. The only thing that makes it bearable is that because I had both Astra Zenica and Pfizer vaccines, he talks to me with a weird Oxford accent.

On a more serious note, we opened up fully on July 11th. No masks, no physical distancing required, life is just as it was before the evil plague took hold.
Case numbers are steadily increasing, as predicted, and along predictable lines.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 07-25-2021 at 04:45 PM.
07-25-2021, 11:28 AM - 3 Likes   #1153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Don't worry, stainless steel isn't magnetic.

Having had my second shot a month ago, I must say that walking into a hardware store us painful with all the nuts and bolts and screws flying at you, all the while listening to Bill Gates whispering evil things into your ear. The only thing that makes it bearable is that because I had both Astra Zenica and Pfizer vaccines, he talks to me with a weird Oxford accent.
I'm not sure about that... when I tested the K-3iii, I had trouble prying it from my hands. I started thinking, "I could actually pay for it..." and other such nonsense, undoubtfully due to the Bill Gates' chip.
07-25-2021, 04:46 PM - 2 Likes   #1154
Pentaxian

I'm not sure about that... when I tested the K-3iii, I had trouble prying it from my hands. I started thinking, "I could actually pay for it..." and other such nonsense, undoubtfully due to the Bill Gates' chip.
That's a little known side effect of the vaccine where your hand muscles cramp up around comforting objects. You might also be one of the people that got the whisper implant. You can't really hear it on a concious level, but it's there.
07-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #1155
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I assume "flatware" is another term only used in North America
Flatware, silverware, knife, fork, spoon, eating utensils.

So what do you call the metal utensils used on the table for serving and eating food?
Closed Thread