Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2020, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in the group of people who'll be getting it probably by June. But I've had my flu shot so that's something.

12-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I'm in the group of people who'll be getting it probably by June. But I've had my flu shot so that's something.
I get flu shot yearly now. I used to get flu badly now if I get it at all it is mild so I repeat yearly
12-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #78

Fauci just said that if you already had the virus you don't need to worry about the new strain. So if he now says your antibodies are still working and protect you, why the push about the vaccine aka dose of mRNA for the old strain?

Last edited by EnglishBob; 12-31-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
12-31-2020, 11:51 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

my wife and daughter in law work in hospitals - they have gotten the first shot

it is still unknown when I will get one despite having pre existing problems and turning 64 at the end of next month, I'm not sure where I stand in line

some sources says Kansas will do " essential workers/health care ", those in long term care over 75, and then those 75 and/or those with pre existing conditions

in addition there is the problem of getting the vaccine actually into the arm as previously feared

remember wearing a mask can help you and others as does washing your hands

that remains true even if you have received one of the vaccinations

do it for you and your neighbors please

good luck and have a safe and happy new year

12-31-2020, 12:47 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got to wait in NY. After essential workers our governor has decided that drug addicts are next on the list. This before the elderly and other high risk people.
12-31-2020, 01:24 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
Fauci just said that if you already had the virus you don't need to worry about the new strain. So if he now says your antibodies are still working and protect you, why the push about the vaccine aka dose of mRNA for the old strain?
From what I hear, if you have a mild (little or no symptoms) case you do not develop long term immunity and should still have the vaccine.
12-31-2020, 01:49 PM - 4 Likes   #82
Pentaxian

Wear a mask... wash your hands.... social distance....I don't do any of those. Instead, I wear a foil hat, drool, mumble about aliens, and don't wash anything for a few days. It helps if you cough and sniffle once in a while. I call it "antisocial distancing". It's very effective. I often have the whole store to myself. No waiting in line. Even the cops keep their distance.

12-31-2020, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
The issue has to do with the length of time which you are immune after a COVID infection. It seems as though most people who have mild to moderate cases have waning antibody levels over a three to six months period of time after their infection.

I have known a number of people who did catch COVID twice and unfortunately, the second time was often worse than the first time.

This "new strain" is more contagious, but not a particular reason to get immunized or not.
12-31-2020, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Nope. Over here they just started yesterday. And not being a proper doc, I'm probably wayyyyyyyyyy down the list.
Hahahaha. I am about to get the second dose in about a week.
01-01-2021, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
And then 24/7 partying!
01-01-2021, 05:50 PM - 2 Likes   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Got to wait in NY. After essential workers our governor has decided that drug addicts are next on the list. This before the elderly and other high risk people.

Drug addicts are also at high risk. Further due to their typical living conditions they are likely superspreaders as well.

Chris
01-02-2021, 12:48 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
And then 24/7 partying!
Not so fast. Until all my friends are vaccinated I may still be colonized and shedding.
01-02-2021, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being in a "good shape" I have about 287 million people ahead of me getting the shots here in the USA.
Says something about the state of our country!

Me and my dog watching you all getting the vaccine...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-02-2021 at 11:15 PM.
01-02-2021, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #89
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Just be prepare little different sensation vs first injection
After first injection you have boost protection after 10-14 day up 55%
Week may week and half after second up to 95%
So to early for party mask still in place
01-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Just be prepare little different sensation vs first injection
After first injection you have boost protection after 10-14 day up 55%
Week may week and half after second up to 95%
So to early for party mask still in place
Until we reach “herd immunity” which at this rate of vaccine administration we will not reach in 10 years (in US), mask wearing and social distancing will be necessary for years to come. It will always be about the vulnerable people I suppose.

Have you had a second shot booster yet? How different of a sensation? My wifey had a Moderna one and had a heck of time, and 10 days later the malaise still comes and goes, although how attributable it is to vaccine we are not sure.
Closed Thread