Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
We pronounce it Paracetamol
OTOH, I have think carefully how to spell that when writing the shopping list
02-21-2021, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had my first Pfizer shot last Wednesday. It wasn't a drive through but it didn't take all that long. The only side effect was a bit of an ache in the arm where the shot was given. Easy peasy.

02-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #350
Pentaxian

How do you do that?
Well, being a respectable organisation, you shouldn't be hosting very dubious data that anyone can use and say "Look!! It's from the CDC!"

I know any data can be twisted and used maliciously or understood poorly, but this is really making it easy for them.
02-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #351
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Well, being a respectable organisation, you shouldn't be hosting very dubious data that anyone can use and say "Look!! It's from the CDC!"

I know any data can be twisted and used maliciously or understood poorly, but this is really making it easy for them.
Some people will make up facts in any case.

Users who would misuse this data are intentionally ignoring their disclaimers, and any one who will do that will do almost anything.
02-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #352
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

I actually saw a Facebook post claiming that a recently published paper proved that masks didn't help reduce transmission complete with a link to the paper. I clicked on the link to the paper to find it actually claimed the exact opposite. The posters were Polish and the paper was in English so the original poster must have misunderstood and his followers believe everything he says.

02-22-2021, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #353
Pentaxian

I was glad to receive my first shot and that the CDC has an easy way to keep track of us so that others can be encouraged by our experience.
02-24-2021, 04:53 AM   #354
Veteran Member

I got my first yesterday, Pfizer. No ill effects other than a slight headache for a couple of hours.
My wife gets her first today at the same hospital, we're hoping she can get the same time and date as me for our second one.
02-24-2021, 06:02 AM   #355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My mother got the first shot yesterday - BioNTech/Pfizer. All good, sore shoulder and feeling a touch tired but that's all. My grandma's getting her first jab next week.
02-24-2021, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #356
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually saw a Facebook post claiming that a recently published paper proved that masks didn't help reduce transmission complete with a link to the paper. I clicked on the link to the paper to find it actually claimed the exact opposite. The posters were Polish and the paper was in English so the original poster must have misunderstood and his followers believe everything he says.
There are a lot of people trying to politicize and sew discord regarding mask use. It's possible the poster from Poland misunderstood, it's also possible he understood perfectly well, but has an agenda.
We are still waiting for significant amounts of vaccines to be delivered. I expect Canada is going be leading from behind on this front for the duration.
02-24-2021, 12:24 PM   #357
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
There are a lot of people trying to politicize and sew discord regarding mask use. It's possible the poster from Poland misunderstood, it's also possible he understood perfectly well, but has an agenda.
We are still waiting for significant amounts of vaccines to be delivered. I expect Canada is going be leading from behind on this front for the duration.
He definitely had an agenda but it seemed odd that the link he provided totally disagreed with his claim.

02-24-2021, 12:37 PM - 3 Likes   #358
Loyal Site Supporter

He definitely had an agenda but it seemed odd that the link he provided totally disagreed with his claim.
This sort of thing preys on gullibility and laziness. People, if they have a particular mindset already, are simply looking for confirmation of what they already believe (confirmation bias).
So, when they see a reasonably coherent opinion piece that confirms what they already believe, the chances of clicking on the link that they presume is going to give added confirmation is remarkably small.

People don't want their minds changed, they just want confirmation that what they want to believe is true.

The term "fake news" was coined to take advantage of the fact that there are a lot of sheep out there.

Now if a person sees something they don't want to believe, they have a ready made term to apply to it, and can happily go off about their day, safe in the knowledge that the junk they are being spoon fed is fact. All the data, opinions from experts, or even seeing it with their own eyes and hearing it with their own ears can be discounted.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 02-24-2021 at 12:42 PM.
02-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #359
Pentaxian

I am waiting to see what the anti vaxxers do when vaccine passports are introduced.

02-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #360
Pentaxian

I am waiting to see what the anti vaxxers do when vaccine passports are introduced.
The idea of such passports is being bandied about a lot in the UK at present largely,I think,with the aim of “incentivising” the waiverers /doubters.
Closed Thread