Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2021, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #391
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Take home message: report, not respond
I was hovering over the report button for a while but ended up tapping into anger a bit too much; I shouldn't have.
I'll do better

02-26-2021, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #392
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have just stamped out multiple spot-fires resulting from the flamethrower a certain member, who will now remain silent, put through this thread.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes in the process, but the less record of that exchange that remains here, the better.

There is still some mopping up to do, but I have to return to my day job....
I believe "Moderator" is a synonym for "Dad" many times.

("Do I need to come in there and crack some skulls?" -- The answer is usually yes).
02-26-2021, 04:36 AM   #393
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To be fair my only direct “response” to the incursion was to suggest no one fed them.
02-26-2021, 04:58 AM   #394
Pentaxian

SWMBO had her second yesterday. Pfizer.
No real side effects of yet except for a slightly sore arm at the site of injection.

02-26-2021, 05:25 AM - 2 Likes   #395
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pfizer for me today. Effecient, friendly and organised centre. So far no power lines are buzzing when I walk under them, nor am I picking up radio2 in my head, so all good.
02-26-2021, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #396
Loyal Site Supporter

Take home message: report, not respond
Sounds like cancel culture.
02-26-2021, 07:19 AM - 2 Likes   #397
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I am waiting to see what the anti vaxxers do when vaccine passports are introduced.
Firstly, they'll spout about being discriminated against (untrue). Then they'll try to mess it up for everyone else any way they can. The PCR test certificates are easy to fake and it happens a lot, so if the passports are the same then they just won't work unfortunately. I'd say we need them, people who refuse to vaccinate should have as much pressure put on them as possible to change their ways, and not being able to travel abroad would be an arrow for that bow.

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Unfortunately this lets selfish people reap the benefits of herd immunity while they don't have to even be slightly inconvenienced.
Unfortunately we'll be in the same situation as now - in most cases they won't be the ones to pay the price for their ignorance.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I saw a coworker yesterday for the first time in months.
She had been out for a couple of weeks after her mother died of COVID.

Then she was absent from work recovering from foot surgery.
During that time she visited with family.

When we chatted she asked me if I intended to get vaccinated.
I replied that of course I would as soon as the opportunity came up.

She told me she was fearful and unsure whether she would get vaccinated.
Then she mentioned that while she was out her daughter had a bad case of COVID and nearly died.

We are doomed...

Chris
This reminds me of a story from a nurse who was treating a man with bad CoViD. She called his wife to tell her that he might die - the wife was at a barbecue with all the family, neighbours, friends....

I have just stamped out multiple spot-fires resulting from the flamethrower a certain member, who will now remain silent, put through this thread.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes in the process, but the less record of that exchange that remains here, the better.

There is still some mopping up to do, but I have to return to my day job....
Seems like I missed all the fun

02-26-2021, 07:47 AM - 3 Likes   #398
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Sounds like cancel culture.
The moderators were kind to him referring to him as an "anti-vaxer" - he had a political agenda.
If "Jan 6" has no meaning to you, you are fortunate.
02-26-2021, 07:55 AM   #399
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The moderators were kind to him referring to him as an "anti-vaxer" - he had a political agenda.
If "Jan 6" has no meaning to you, you are fortunate.
He mentioned the date? I started seeing red with all the blatant lies (plus I missed the later... ahem, exchanges) about vaccines, the virus and similar so that didn't even register .

On topic: my mother's perfectly fine after the first jab, a friend's mother had some fever the day after the shot, but nothing serious. Hoping my dad also gets the appointment soon. With all my household vaccinated I'd feel much better about going home in the near future... considering I don't have any expectations of qualifying for the vaccine this year .

Still, at least I had the chance to see my parents half a year ago... many of my Chinese colleagues have not visited family in two years now, since they typically go during Chinese New Year only (for nearly a month), and both 2020 and 2021 were impossible... I feel for them
02-26-2021, 08:07 AM   #400
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
He mentioned the date? I started seeing red with all the blatant lies (plus I missed the later... ahem, exchanges) about vaccines, the virus and similar so that didn't even register .
He didn't have to - he revealed his politics in other statements - but too much on him already.
The moderators were correct in erasing him - as I responded, I was aware that I was violating the rules and my posts would be erased. Enough on that also.

In six days I get my second Moderna shot - with no reaction other than a little tiredness to report.
02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #401
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

In six days I get my second Moderna shot - with no reaction other than a little tiredness to report.
Glad to hear that. From what I've heard, no one I know has had any strong reaction to these vaccines - AFAIK, the rabies shots we got for the India trip last year still are the harshest ones I know of. Not being able to lift weight for a week is a pain (quite literally).
02-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #402
Pentaxian

From what I have seen, read & heard, getting a decent "reaction" to a vaccine jab means that your body's immune system has "noticed it" - and that is "good" because it then begins to generate the antibodies required to fight the real COVID virus.
02-28-2021, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #403
Pentaxian

Scheduled for my first shot Tuesday morning (Pfizer I believe). Yay!
02-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #404
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
J and J vaccine will be out and about starting this week. With no requirement for freezer storage I think this should speed up things. I have seen uptick of new cases in our area the last 7 days.
02-28-2021, 09:40 PM - 1 Like   #405
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
J and J vaccine will be out and about starting this week. With no requirement for freezer storage I think this should speed up things. I have seen uptick of new cases in our area the last 7 days.
In our area, cases and positivity have been fairly steady over the past week.
In any case, I get my second Moderna shot on Thursday, so I should be "fully vaccinated" in another 18 days!!
Closed Thread