Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2021, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #451
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
The problem around here is that we are a lower population area and NY is allocating doses based on population. After the initial outcry of only getting 100 doses, they got a shipment of 1100 doses. It's still just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall population of the area.
In theory, if your area has n% the population of NYC, your area should get n% as much vaccine, so you should have as much competition as they do, but it doesn’t seem to be working that way.

Saying any more would probably make a Moderator grumpy.
All I know is that when my Governor said I was eligible, I was able to schedule a shot in a couple of weeks - and then schedule a follow-up in 30 days.

03-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #452
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Caballo Oscuro Quote
Why would you think you would get the flu
Because I had a flu jag...

QuoteOriginally posted by Caballo Oscuro Quote
because you had a Covid-19 vaccine shot?
Not yet I haven't... I'm still waiting for mine, I believe that mine will be mid March.
03-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #453
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be getting my 2nd Pfizer shot this coming Wednesday! Very relieved! Yet, despite having the vaccines, I still have to take a Covid test before I go into the hospital for surgery this month.
03-05-2021, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #454
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife and I did get Pfizer #1 this morning and #2 is appointed for 3/26. The shot was administered at 1 of 10 grocery store clinics. Each location receives 170 doses a day. No fuss - just make an appointment online, walk in and show insurance card. Appointments are plentiful - we made ours yesterday.

03-06-2021, 02:47 AM   #455
Pentaxian

Booked both my jabs today using the NHS online service. All went well until I clicked the final button when I was told one of my slots was already taken . Went through the whole process again and got 5 minutes later for both jabs . I was worried I might have to go to the large vaccination centre about 15 miles away but actually found one about 5 minutes walk away. Should be fully vaccinated before the UK lifts most of the restrictions

Last edited by slartibartfast01; 03-06-2021 at 04:22 AM.
03-06-2021, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #456
Pentaxian

Our younger daughter is the only non-first-born in the family; she is also very good at networking.

Yesterday she got a call from a 'friend' who works at a clinic located in a neighborhood where the people are not very good at keeping appointments.
"I have two shots left - in half an hour I need to either put them in arms or trash them. I have already called our waiting list. If you can get here in 30 minutes, one of them can go to you."
She did and she did,
So, of the three couples, only the older daughter {her husband was vaccinated in the J&J trial} and the husband of our younger daughter have not received at least one shot now.

In the two days since I got my second shot, I have felt a tad tired and felt chills a few times - nothing that prevents me from living normally.
03-06-2021, 08:45 AM   #457
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Booked both my jabs today using the NHS online service. All went well until I clicked the final button when I was told one of my slots was already taken . Went through the whole process again and got 5 minutes later for both jabs . I was worried I might have to go to the large vaccination centre about 15 miles away but actually found one about 5 minutes walk away. Should be fully vaccinated before the UK lifts most of the restrictions
We got our 1st doses of the Pfizer vaccine at the end of January with a predicted wait of 10-12 weeks for the 2nd ones - thus "mid April" ish..

However, your post prompted me to experiment to see if I/we could get them earlier as we are both classed as "extremely vulnerable" for various reasons and thus logged onto the NHS site, entered my NHS number - and was told "No", and advised to contact our local surgery which had arranged the 1st jabs.

03-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #458
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
We got our 1st doses of the Pfizer vaccine at the end of January with a predicted wait of 10-12 weeks for the 2nd ones - thus "mid April" ish..

However, your post prompted me to experiment to see if I/we could get them earlier as we are both classed as "extremely vulnerable" for various reasons and thus logged onto the NHS site, entered my NHS number - and was told "No", and advised to contact our local surgery which had arranged the 1st jabs.
If you had your first jab through your GP I think the second one has to be through them as well. I know some people have been given an appointment for the second jab when they had the first one but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

03-06-2021, 11:20 AM   #459
Pentaxian

If you had your first jab through your GP I think the second one has to be through them as well. I know some people have been given an appointment for the second jab when they had the first one but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore.
My younger daughter was given an appointment for her second shot as soon as she received her first one, even though she received her first one only because they had unused vaccine ready-to-go and she gave them some place to put it.
03-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #460
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My younger daughter was given an appointment for her second shot as soon as she received her first one, even though she received her first one only because they had unused vaccine ready-to-go and she gave them some place to put it.
That might be because the US are still abiding by the recommended three week gap between doses. In the UK now it is eleven or twelve weeks. I know people who got jabs before the gap was changed and they were given a date for the second jab when they received the first one. Lots of people had their second jabs cancelled when the policy changed but some areas decided to give them anyway presumably to avoid the hassle of contacting hundreds of people.

03-06-2021, 01:24 PM   #461
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Very typical to the end day they have not use vaccine
At least in my state they call to waiting list
Or ask people call to the end day to check if available
03-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #462
Pentaxian

That might be because the US are still abiding by the recommended three week gap between doses. In the UK now it is eleven or twelve weeks. I know people who got jabs before the gap was changed and they were given a date for the second jab when they received the first one. Lots of people had their second jabs cancelled when the policy changed but some areas decided to give them anyway presumably to avoid the hassle of contacting hundreds of people.
Indiana, the official in charge of vaccines has said rescheduling should be avoided at all costs, so they are very conservative in how scheduling is done.
For example, my second Moderna shot was scheduled for 30 days - instead of 28 days - after the first, because their current scheduling is based on their past experience of vaccine deliveries.
03-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #463
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Very typical to the end day they have not use vaccine
At least in my state they call to waiting list
Or ask people call to the end day to check if available
Yes, they did call their waiting list first.
03-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #464
Pentaxian

It's good to hear stories of people finally being able to get these vaccines, even if things are poorly organised - we're getting there slowly. The other day I read that around a third of the population of the UK has now had at least the first shot.
03-08-2021, 06:40 AM   #465
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It's good to hear stories of people finally being able to get these vaccines, even if things are poorly organised - we're getting there slowly. The other day I read that around a third of the population of the UK has now had at least the first shot.
Without getting too political,our Government got something right (for a change!) although a lot of the credit should go to the NHS who have overseen the roll-out.
Closed Thread