Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #601
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Today was one week after our 2nd Pfizer injections, no issues to report.
I'm 74 and have cancer, so covid is of great concern to me and my wife. My 50 year old daughter doesn't plan to get vaccinated, so I tell her no hugs from dad in the foreseeable future.

03-23-2021, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #602
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Today was one week after our 2nd Pfizer injections, no issues to report.
I'm 74 and have cancer, so covid is of great concern to me and my wife. My 50 year old daughter doesn't plan to get vaccinated, so I tell her no hugs from dad in the foreseeable future.
Apologies for possibly hurtful comment coming up here - not my intention. Unless she has a real medical contra-indication to this vaccination, your daughter is doing you, her mother, herself, and all of us NO FAVORS. Unless there is good medical reason, her behavior is unconscionable. Sorry ! - I know you know that !
03-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #603
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I'm glad it's not just me. I'm 26 years old and I had my first dose on Saturday and noticed short episodes of dizziness and light headedness. I was confused cause I didn't see it as a possible symptom.

No vertigo though, thankfully.
Yes this one of normal reaction
We observe in my hospital. Some people has same response
Lite head gone in 15 min
Headache may be longer
In some case we observe more prolong reaction
After second vaccine
We was vaccinated with Pfyzer
90 % case we observe arm pain
1-2 % some said fever no more as 12 hr
Nothing more big problem
All hospital staff was under observation after injection 30 min period
Monitoring vital sign
03-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #604
Pentaxian

As, ISTR, getting some sort of relatively mild reaction to a jab is actually a good sign (or, at least, I do hope so because we both did).

03-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #605
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
we get documentation from the source providing our vaccinations when we get the shots

the documentation, which you are told to keep as proof of vaccination for travel, identify -

what you received, date and time given, expiration date of vaccine, injection site, route [ intramuscular ], manufacturer and lot number

and since it is our health care provider that gave us the vaccine, it is in our records as well
03-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #606
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
we get documentation from the source providing our vaccinations when we get the shots

the documentation, which you are told to keep as proof of vaccination for travel, identify -

what you received, date and time given, expiration date of vaccine, injection site, route [ intramuscular ], manufacturer and lot number

and since it is our health care provider that gave us the vaccine, it is in our records as well
That's very good - for YOU.

What I was highligthing is/might be something like you are on a flight to "somewhere abroad" with many other people, of whom some might be travelling with falsified covid vaccination documentation - would you want to be in that situation?
03-23-2021, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #607
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
That's very good - for YOU.

What I was highligthing is/might be something like you are on a flight to "somewhere abroad" with many other people, of whom some might be travelling with falsified covid vaccination documentation - would you want to be in that situation?
can you control everything around you

all of the time

life can be risky

especially if you look at the risk of accident at home

BTW

I am more scared of the people in the air port than in the plane

and I don't plan on flying in the near future

03-23-2021, 10:19 PM - 2 Likes   #608
Pentaxian

Received my 2nd dose of Pfizer this morning. So far no side effects. I have presumably gotten my immune response boosted. So far, no sign of any superpowers appearing, nor can I stream the Bill Gates channel via 5G (yet). Fingers crossed!
03-24-2021, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #609
Pentaxian

My wife had her second Pfizer jab yesterday,no reaction other than a sore arm.
03-24-2021, 02:19 AM   #610
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
My wife had her second Pfizer jab yesterday,no reaction other than a sore arm.
When did she have the first one? My partner had her first one Feb 9 and now six weeks later she is having the second one. We were surprised.

03-24-2021, 02:21 AM - 4 Likes   #611
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Phase 1b of the Australian rollout is finally under way. Even as an anaesthesiologist I didn't qualify for phase 1a.

I'm booked in for my first dose on Thursday next week. Pfizer.
03-24-2021, 04:02 AM   #612
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
When did she have the first one? My partner had her first one Feb 9 and now six weeks later she is having the second one. We were surprised.
10th January.
03-24-2021, 04:07 AM   #613
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Isn't the second Pfizer shot supposed to to given three weeks after the first one? That's certainly the aim with Australia's program.

It's different with the AstraZeneca vaccine....
03-24-2021, 04:09 AM   #614
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Isn't the second Pfizer shot supposed to to given three weeks after the first one? That's certainly the aim with Australia's program.

as far as I know yes, ideally, per our CDC

if delayed after the time period, you are suppose to get it asap

here when you received the first shot, you are scheduled for the second one, date and time, and you get first chance for vaccine available at that time

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-24-2021 at 04:31 AM.
03-24-2021, 04:09 AM   #615
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

In the UK it was decided to give all jabs around 12 weeks apart to maximise the number of people with at least one shot. Hence the surprise to be offered the second one after 6 weeks

Closed Thread