Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2021, 03:00 AM   #736
Veteran Member

I've had my first Pfizer jab. 2nd one scheduled for May.

04-20-2021, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #737
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my last Pfizer shot was 2 weeks ago about 8:45 AM local

so as far as I know, I will have achieved full protection later today

but no change in what I do, mask and social distance

just in case

but increasing activity outside the home will be occurring
04-20-2021, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #738
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
All COVID vaccines currently being used are not on the FDA's approved list. They are experimental vaccines under a preliminary "emergency use authorization"

What I am really concerned about is using an experimental drug and having side effects. I'm not so sure my insurance company covers health conditions caused by experimental/unapproved vaccines. I'd rather take my chances than trust the rush around this virus.

The last thing I want to be is a guinea pig.

I'll be at the end of the longest line waiting for the vaccination.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 04-20-2021 at 06:07 AM.
04-20-2021, 06:09 AM   #739
Veteran Member

being in ontario is kind of crazy right now with vaccinations. Not sure when i'll be vaccinated, and no clue when things will get better either.
just keep on keeping

Last edited by Racer X 69; 04-20-2021 at 07:27 AM.
04-20-2021, 06:14 AM   #740
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
All COVID vaccines currently being used are not on the FDA's approved list. They are experimental vaccines under a preliminary "emergency use authorization"

What I am really concerned about is using an experimental drug and having side effects. ..
True

Can't argue with that

Would hope mask and social distance would be used

But it is your choice

Good luck
04-20-2021, 06:20 AM   #741
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
True

Can't argue with that

Would hope mask and social distance would be used

But it is your choice

Good luck
I think masks are still required, even after the two vaccination dosages. I think until the number drops down to zero for a few weeks, masks will still be around.
04-20-2021, 07:06 AM   #742
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my last Pfizer shot was 2 weeks ago about 8:45 AM local

so as far as I know, I will have achieved full protection later today

but no change in what I do, mask and social distance

just in case

but increasing activity outside the home will be occurring
Give it some weeks for the immune response to be properly set up, it takes a while for the body to ramp it up (and even then, mask/distance measures are a small hassle compared to the benefit they still bring, so I'm glad that you're keeping up with them )

04-20-2021, 07:10 AM   #743
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Give it some weeks for the immune response to be properly set up, it takes a while for the body to ramp it up (and even then, mask/distance measures are a small hassle compared to the benefit they still bring, so I'm glad that you're keeping up with them )
Two weeks after last shot is what we were told
04-20-2021, 07:35 AM   #744
Forum Member

I’ve been vaccinated for a while now and have definitely enjoyed the peace of mind. From the department of defense side, we are no longer requiring quarantine for people exposed to COVID if they’ve been vaccinated. That’s saved the section that works for me several times as the unvaccinated continue to contract the illness. The case rate has dropped precipitously since we started getting vaccinated in my unit.
04-20-2021, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #745
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all who have indicated trepidation about the vaccines, from ll the vaccinations given thus far, the reactions and side affects have been minimal. The length of time they were tested was was shortened, but only because of the necessity for a vaccine. By all indications the testing followed the guidelines for other vaccines and medications other than the time period for testing. Again out of necessity. Looking back at the statistics of the disease, there was a large discrepancy in the numbers for the US compared to the numbers for the world. The US has approximately 3 to 4% of the world's population but had between 15 and 20% of the cases and deaths compared to the cases and deaths of the world's population. In light of that, I'd rather take my chances of getting a less severe case of COVID by taking the vaccine than to risk getting a full blown case with much more severe and potentially fatal results without the vaccine. However, each has the right to make their personal choice regarding the vaccine. Good luck to you all.
04-20-2021, 10:09 AM - 2 Likes   #746
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

What I am really concerned about is using an experimental drug and having side effects. I'm not so sure my insurance company covers health conditions caused by experimental/unapproved vaccines. I'd rather take my chances than trust the rush around this virus.

The last thing I want to be is a guinea pig.
I was a guinea pig - for the vaccine developed by someone named Jonas Salk.
This vaccine has already received short-range testing.
I know people who were infected by a son coming home from college - and the wife and their older daughter were still {the last time I heard} dealing with "long haul" effects - things like uneven heart beat.
Personally, I would rather 'take a chance' on the vaccine.
04-20-2021, 11:29 AM - 2 Likes   #747
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The only way to protect the people who for various medical reasons cannot receive the vaccine, is for the rest of us to be vaccinated to ensure herd immunity. An anti-vaxer and someone who can't receive the vaccine for medical reasons is not the same thing.
Thank you for that; I'm tired of getting bullied and harassed because of my inability to wear a mask or receive a vaccine.
04-20-2021, 11:34 AM - 2 Likes   #748
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
Thank you for that; I'm tired of getting bullied and harassed because of my inability to wear a mask or receive a vaccine.
Any one who cannot wear a mask or get the vaccine should not be bullied
04-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #749
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's the people who refuse to adhere to protocols that inhibit the spread of the virus that are the problem. This includes the anti vaccine and anti mask retards, but also the dummies who simply refuse to adhere to the health guidelines. ...
That goes both ways - the health guidelines include prohibitions on getting vaccinated and wearing masks.
Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
and
COVID-19: Considerations for Wearing Masks | CDC

It can be dangerous for a person with autoimmune disorder (a genetic condition) to receive any vaccine serum because of the adjuvants. Such people who are already on immunosuppressant drugs (methotrexate, etc.) may be classified as "immunocompromised" and ought to take it notwithstanding the effect of the adjuvants.
04-20-2021, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #750
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
That goes both ways - the health guidelines include prohibitions on getting vaccinated and wearing masks.
Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
and
COVID-19: Considerations for Wearing Masks | CDC

It can be dangerous for a person with autoimmune disorder (a genetic condition) to receive any vaccine serum because of the adjuvants. Such people who are already on immunosuppressant drugs (methotrexate, etc.) may be classified as "immunocompromised" and ought to take it notwithstanding the effect of the adjuvants.
It wouldn't be a problem if the rest of us were vaccinated - Covid would no longer be factor in our world, just as Polio and Smallpox aren't, but we've stopped thinking of "the other guy's" health.
Closed Thread