Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2021, 02:51 PM - 2 Likes   #976
Pentaxian

Got first vaccination (Pfizer) April 5th, second shot (Pfizer) today, June 20th.

06-27-2021, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #977
Loyal Site Supporter

All vaccined up.

Mrs. Wheatfield got her second shot on Friday. I got my dose yesterday.
We ended up with a mixed vaccination. We both got Astra Zenica as our first shot and Pfizer as our second one. Other than a sore arm and spending most of yesterday asleep, no side effects.

As of July 11th, our provincial government is removing all health restrictions, including the mask mandate.

Vaccination wise, we have hit their magic number of everyone over 12 years of age being vaccinated with their first dose, and the general concensus is we have hit the wall regarding vaccination rates, in that everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated with at least a first dose.

Reports from health care is that the only people that are showing up at hospitals sick and demanding care are unvaccinated.

One of my coworkers, a staunch anti vaxxer was apparently on life support for a while, and while he appears to be getting over the disease, will never truly be better. Ah well, he made his choice, now he gets to live with it.
06-27-2021, 08:40 PM - 3 Likes   #978
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In the past couple weeks I had to give a couple of basic cell biology lessons to people who asked me about the various conspiracy theories, like the vaccine messing with your DNA and making you infertile. They weren't anti-vaxxer's, they were hesitant from wild theories and half-truths they heard. In the end, they were good to go for getting a vaccine.

For anyone that is curious: My first answer was yes, your DNA gets messed with because the virus has no DNA -- it commandeers yours, so a vaccine tricks your own cells to start building antibodies. Second answer was I don't see how a vaccine against a virus can prevent the making of sperm or egg cells (meiosis), humanity and animals in general have been infected with viruses for billions of years and animals are still around.
06-28-2021, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #979
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There seems to be a solid 30 percent of folks in the States who are basically never going to get vaccinated. The problem is going to be that they seem to be concentrated in pockets, so that while New York may be 70 percent vaccinated, Louisiana is only 40 percent vaccinated. Seems primed for outbreaks in certain parts of the country, while others will be OK.

06-28-2021, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #980
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ;5219528:
At this point, I think we can all agree that civil war is the only answer.
I do not agree that Civil War is an answer.
The US tried that once and those who opposed Union lost - even though they don’t seem to understand that.
QuoteQuote:
I want nothing to do with any of you lunatics, and presumably the feeling is mutual.
Then stop butting in here where you were not invited into a discussion that was civil until you showe

Last edited by reh321; 06-28-2021 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake just noticed
06-28-2021, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #981
Veteran Member

First shot of Pfizer for wife and me today.... don't know why... we are mostly hermits.

I rubbed some pfizer drops on my keys and wallet.... so I can call the gov to help locate them when needed.

Last edited by noelpolar; 06-28-2021 at 06:23 AM.
06-28-2021, 06:23 AM   #982
Pentaxian

Got my appointment for the 6th. Would go sooner but don't want the second dose to interfere with some holidays we have booked.

06-28-2021, 03:44 PM - 2 Likes   #983
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
First shot of Pfizer for wife and me today.... don't know why... we are mostly hermits.

I rubbed some pfizer drops on my keys and wallet.... so I can call the gov to help locate them when needed.

You may become magnetic as well, from what I heard.
06-28-2021, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #984
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After my second shot of Moderna, mosquitoes don`t bite me and horse-flies visit but keep on going without taking a chunk out of me!
06-28-2021, 04:26 PM   #985
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
After my second shot of Moderna, mosquitoes don`t bite me and horse-flies visit but keep on going without taking a chunk out of me!
Wow!
06-28-2021, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #986
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just spotted this news:

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%,

See: Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated
06-28-2021, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #987
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Wow!
For real! Kinda makes me wonder. Too late now.
06-28-2021, 04:45 PM   #988
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
For real! Kinda makes me wonder. Too late now.
That would be a bonus. I hate mosquitos!
06-28-2021, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #989
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That would be a bonus. I hate mosquitos!
Me too.
What is interesting is an encounter with a horse-fly last night.
It had me on it`s sights from about 3 meters out, got to about 10 centimeters from me and made an abrupt 180 turn away from me.
This is a second time it has happened after my second shot.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 06-28-2021 at 04:55 PM.
06-28-2021, 05:37 PM   #990
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3 out of 4 in my family just got our second does of mRNA vaccine an hour ago. Our youngest is due for his 2nd this coming Friday.

My oldest had Moderna as his first and Pfizer as his second, but he may be better off against variants with a combination if the markers are slightly different. The Boss (wife) and I had 2 of Pfizer. This mRNA technology is just amazing.

I live in Alberta, Canada and we are coming out of lockdown on July 1. My friends in Ontario are jealous, some of them in Toronto just recently got their first doses and they are still in lockdown, so even with 2 doses they have limited freedom. Ontario has been more shut down than Alberta through the entire pandemic.
Closed Thread