Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2021, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #1396
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
This should be a wake up call for the denier types, but I expect it won't be. You guys have gone from zero cases to 30 cases in just a few days, and that is with some of the strictest restrictions in the world to stop the spread of the disease.

We are back up to full on pandemic level numbers, and are getting significant numbers of breakthrough infections from the Delta variant.

I was talking to one of the anti vaxxers that we have at my workplace yesterday. He was off work for something like three months with the Delta variant. He's a long term covid patient now. His heart rate is all over the map, and his blood pressure jumps around from just fine, thank you very much, to morbidly high on a day to day basis, so much so that it's not treatable.
He is insistent that he is now immune to the virus, so I asked him if he thought what he is dealing with now, long term health problems that could wind up killing him, or worse, I suppose, giving him a crippling stroke, was worth it just to avoid a couple of needles in the arm.
He's hard core enough that he just walked away from the conversation without answering, which I took as a yes.
He's in his forties, and apparently is willing to die from the disease or complications from it rather than be vaccinated.
I just don't get it.
Do these people never think that if you walk away from a conversation because you cannot answer, it just might be time to re-evaluate what you believe???

08-21-2021, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1397
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Do these people never think that if you walk away from a conversation because you cannot answer, it just might be time to re-evaluate what you believe???
Apparently not. This is one of the people that has never met a conspiracy theory he doesn't like.
CNN is fake news, Faux news is where the truth can be found and Tucker Carlson is a minor deity.
When a person is so far down that rabbit hole that they can no longer see daylight, they are pretty much living in some sort of twilight zone.
08-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #1398
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
They both got vaccinated when the shots were available for their age group.
Having gone down that road once, they had no interest in doing it again.

As the virus mutates boosters will be required. Do they get the annual flu shot?
Suggest you use your influence to help them make a different decision.

Chris
08-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #1399
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
As the virus mutates boosters will be required. Do they get the annual flu shot?

Chris
I thought he meant they didn't want to catch Covid-19 again not that they didn't want a booster.

08-21-2021, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #1400
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
Sorry if I was unclear. They both got vaccinated and will take boosters when they come. It just doesn’t help my father in law’s health.
08-23-2021, 12:07 AM   #1401
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This should be a wake up call for the denier types, but I expect it won't be. You guys have gone from zero cases to 30 cases in just a few days, and that is with some of the strictest restrictions in the world to stop the spread of the disease.

We are back up to full on pandemic level numbers, and are getting significant numbers of breakthrough infections from the Delta variant.

I was talking to one of the anti vaxxers that we have at my workplace yesterday. He was off work for something like three months with the Delta variant. He's a long term covid patient now. His heart rate is all over the map, and his blood pressure jumps around from just fine, thank you very much, to morbidly high on a day to day basis, so much so that it's not treatable.
He is insistent that he is now immune to the virus, so I asked him if he thought what he is dealing with now, long term health problems that could wind up killing him, or worse, I suppose, giving him a crippling stroke, was worth it just to avoid a couple of needles in the arm.
He's hard core enough that he just walked away from the conversation without answering, which I took as a yes.
He's in his forties, and apparently is willing to die from the disease or complications from it rather than be vaccinated.
I just don't get it.
Indeed. We've jumped to 154 active cases, 107 of those in the community, with 38 added to the total today. We have 8 people in hospital with Covid while the rest are either in managed isolation or isolating at home. The numbers are expected to grow further so we will be under lock-down rules until Friday, at least. (And I fully expect it to be extended further.)
08-23-2021, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #1402
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Indeed. We've jumped to 154 active cases, 107 of those in the community, with 38 added to the total today. We have 8 people in hospital with Covid while the rest are either in managed isolation or isolating at home. The numbers are expected to grow further so we will be under lock-down rules until Friday, at least. (And I fully expect it to be extended further.)
We are back up to pre lock down levels, almost back to where we were before we started vaccinating. We are adding upwards of 200 new cases per day, and our dear leaders have pretty much washed their hands of it.
They have decided that vaccinations are the only control, no lock downs, no mask mandates, business as usual, nothing to see here.

08-23-2021, 03:41 AM   #1403
Pentaxian

We are back up to pre lock down levels, almost back to where we were before we started vaccinating. We are adding upwards of 200 new cases per day, and our dear leaders have pretty much washed their hands of it.

They have decided that vaccinations are the only control, no lock downs, no mask mandates, business as usual, nothing to see here.
Similar in the UK but our new cases are over 32,000 a day. Vaccination seems to holding down the hospitalisations and deaths for now.

08-23-2021, 04:12 AM   #1404
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Similar in the UK but our new cases are over 32,000 a day. Vaccination seems to holding down the hospitalisations and deaths for now.
32,000!!!! That's insane.
08-23-2021, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #1405
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
32,000!!!! That's insane.
I had to double check if that was weekly or daily and it is daily based on positive tests so could be higher.

08-23-2021, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #1406
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
...Turn on the TV and there is commercial after commercial suing drug companies for drug side effects. The FDA approved every one of those drugs and can't be sued.
Thanks,
barondla
That's horrific, it's like your country is eating itself.
We have a government run no fault accident compensation commission.
I can't remember the last time I saw a lawyers ad and never on TV
08-23-2021, 06:19 AM   #1407
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
That's horrific, it's like your country is eating itself.
We have a government run no fault accident compensation commission.
I can't remember the last time I saw a lawyers ad and never on TV
New Orleans could have 5 lawyers in a row giving a comercial. At least one per half hour show.
The upside was that they tried to make better comercials than the others. The many talented local muscians were hired to write and sing the jingles.
If you get one stuck playing in your head, it's no worse than any song. New Zealand's The Two Shop jingle from 2000 can still get stuck in my mind and it is horrible. Cobb & Co too.
08-23-2021, 07:47 AM   #1408
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
We are a sparsely populated province of just over a million people.
I'm not sure what our national numbers are.
08-23-2021, 08:22 AM - 3 Likes   #1409
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine got FDA approval today. That makes it easier to mandate the vaccine for various groups.

The lunatic fringe is working hard on testing a new excuse. Several are in Phase One media trials with the winner to be declared by popularity consensus.
08-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #1410
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine got FDA approval today. That makes it easier to mandate the vaccine for various groups.

The lunatic fringe is working hard on testing a new excuse. Several are in Phase One media trials with the winner to be declared by popularity consensus.
Unfortunately, we went from "The vaccine isn't FDA approved" to: "You know you just can't trust government agencies" or "It usually takes 5 years tro approve a new medication, they cut corners with this one."
Closed Thread