I thing this is very good data for FDA to approval

08-23-2021, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #1412
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
More Than 4.95 Billion dodes world wide
Given: Covid-19 vaccine
In the U.S., 363 million doses have been administered
I thing this is very good data for FDA to approval
I was talking to my resident anti vaxxer today. It turns out he isn't anti vaxx per se, but he will NEVER allow an mRNA vaccine to be injected into himself. I'm not sure why, but according to him there have been literally millions of people who have reacted badly to it, but the facts are being suppressed by every government in the world.
08-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #1413
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I recently read an article by a GP in Hawaii, suggesting that we’re deceiving ourselves about COVID-19 vaccines. He wasn’t advocating against vaccination, but highlighting what he saw as misleading or overly optimistic interpretations of the current data about the vaccines. While his own interpretations may be similarly flawed, of course, I think he missed an opportunity to emphasise a universal truth, and that is that nothing is 100% guaranteed. All the things we do, not just in the medical field, are subject to elements of risk. All any of us can do is to assess the available and verifiable information, and make a decision based on the level of risk we’re willing to take, but too many people seem to believe we can eliminate risk altogether – it simply isn’t so.

Trying to minimise risk is the reason I’ve now had my two shots of AZ vaccine, but I don’t kid myself it’s an iron-clad guarantee.
08-23-2021, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #1414
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was talking to my resident anti vaxxer today. It turns out he isn't anti vaxx per se, but he will NEVER allow an mRNA vaccine to be injected into himself. I'm not sure why, but according to him there have been literally millions of people who have reacted badly to it, but the facts are being suppressed by every government in the world.
The irony here is that people who believe in world-wide conspiracies of governments are often the very people who believe that governments are inherently incompetent – apparently at everything except conspiring.

08-23-2021, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #1415
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The irony here is that people who believe in world-wide conspiracies of governments are often the very people who believe that governments are inherently incompetent – apparently at everything except conspiring.
It is ironic. I didn't bother to ask how governments were keeping the millions and millions of affected people quiet about it.
It's not like as if this sort of thing wouldn't make the news someplace other than infowars.
08-23-2021, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #1416
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In broad strokes, it's a classic maneuver out of the populism manual typical in 20th century fascism (I don't mean it as an insult, I'm stating it as fact - it's the way propaganda worked in the early 20th century and several regimes employed this rhetoric, Goebbels in particular). The opponent is portrayed, simultaneously, as both weak and strong - they must be removed because of their weakness, they must be fought against because of their oppressive strength.

This concept is named Doublethink in "1984", which is a critique of totalitarianism... ironic considering how these people claim to be precisely against authoritarianism.
08-23-2021, 03:55 PM - 5 Likes   #1417
Inactive Account

I just had my first shot about 40 hrs ago.
I feel nothing the first 5-6 hours, then wake up the next day with muscle pain on the left shoulder which is the one receiving the shot. By midday, I was already feeling chills. By dinner, most of my body was in pain + headache.
Took some meds and went to sleep early, wake up today and a little headache is still there, left solder is still a little pain. Not really pain but only if I touch it, I still can feel a little pain, that is all.
I consider what I had yesterday was a common response to the first shot. I read that people with uncommonly heavy symptom since the first shot seem to be those had COVID before and when their body sees a similar thing coming back in, it reacts more. They will end up with higher immune system.

Looking forward to my second shot in 3 weeks.

08-23-2021, 04:01 PM - 3 Likes   #1418

Just got my Pfizer booster.
08-23-2021, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #1419
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
This concept is named Doublethink in "1984", which is a critique of totalitarianism... ironic considering how these people claim to be precisely against authoritarianism.
I believe it’s now called Cognitive Dissonance. At one level or another, it’s a pandemic all to itself.
08-24-2021, 02:43 AM   #1420
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
There probably have been millions that have reacted badly to it, if you classify "reacting badly" as mild shoulder/arm pain and malaise.

Does he know what mRNA is?

Apparently those governments aren't doing too good a job because this guy's read or heard all about it.
08-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #1421
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently read an article by a GP in Hawaii, suggesting that we’re deceiving ourselves about COVID-19 vaccines. He wasn’t advocating against vaccination, but highlighting what he saw as misleading or overly optimistic interpretations of the current data about the vaccines. While his own interpretations may be similarly flawed, of course, I think he missed an opportunity to emphasise a universal truth, and that is that nothing is 100% guaranteed. All the things we do, not just in the medical field, are subject to elements of risk. All any of us can do is to assess the available and verifiable information, and make a decision based on the level of risk we’re willing to take, but too many people seem to believe we can eliminate risk altogether – it simply isn’t so.

Trying to minimise risk is the reason I’ve now had my two shots of AZ vaccine, but I don’t kid myself it’s an iron-clad guarantee.
There's some data indicating that the Moderna vaccine has the best staying power of the vaccines available in the US, particularly versus the Delta variant. The Pfizer vaccine effectiveness dropped below 50 percent, while Moderna stayed in the 70s. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v1.full.pdf This is why they are recommending boosters.

The biggest reasons to get vaccinated have to do, not with preventing infection, but preventing serious illness. All of the shots seem to do that pretty well. Reducing hospitalizations, death, and long-haul COVID all seem decent reasons to get vaccinated, even if you don't have 100 percent certainty that you won't catch COVID after the vaccine.
08-24-2021, 04:50 AM   #1422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
There's some data indicating that the Moderna vaccine has the best staying power of the vaccines available in the US, particularly versus the Delta variant. The Pfizer vaccine effectiveness dropped below 50 percent, while Moderna stayed in the 70s. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v1.full.pdf This is why they are recommending boosters.

The biggest reasons to get vaccinated have to do, not with preventing infection, but preventing serious illness. All of the shots seem to do that pretty well. Reducing hospitalizations, death, and long-haul COVID all seem decent reasons to get vaccinated, even if you don't have 100 percent certainty that you won't catch COVID after the vaccine.
Yes, indeed. In future, I expect it’ll be like getting an annual flu jab.
08-24-2021, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #1423
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
There probably have been millions that have reacted badly to it, if you classify "reacting badly" as mild shoulder/arm pain and malaise.

Does he know what mRNA is?

Apparently those governments aren't doing too good a job because this guy's read or heard all about it.
His reacting badly is the countless millions who have died of blood clots, or who have been stabbed by kitchen knives suddenly flying across the room.

He sent me some links to his sources. For your amusement I will post them later.
08-24-2021, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #1424
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
published today

10:51 AM Updated 1:49 PM

QuoteQuote:
'Our hospital is full': Stormont Vail CEO warns of 'dire situation' amid Kansas COVID surge
Jason Tidd
Topeka Capital-Journal

Topeka's largest hospital is full, and health leaders are pleading for people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and wear masks.

"Our hospital is full," Stormont Vail Health CEO Robert Kenagy said in a Monday COVID-19 update.

"This is our situation," Kenagy said. "This is our reality. We are not crying 'wolf.' We are trying to provide clarity about the status of our community. Be smart. Get vaccinated. Wear your masks. It is time to again gain control of this pandemic."

At the start of the day, all of the hospital's adult inpatient rooms were filled with 228 adults, 64 of whom were COVID-19 positive. Of the COVID-19 patients, 83% were unvaccinated.

The emergency department is "overwhelmed," Kenagy said, and has been on diversion, meaning the hospital is "unable to accept any patients via ambulance." As of 8 a.m. Tuesday, the emergency department had 14 patients waiting for inpatient rooms, 10 of whom had been waiting for more than six hours.

"There was no space to move them to inpatient rooms because those were filled," Kenagy said.

The hospital is also experiencing a "log jam" with transfers. Over the weekend, the hospital accepted only 15 of 46 requests for patient transfers. Requests came from Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Nebraska.

Kenagy noted that COVID-19 patients at Stormont Vail are trending younger and sicker.
Topeka hospital Stormont Vail full as COVID surges among unvaccinated

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-24-2021 at 01:28 PM.
08-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #1425
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It’s everywhere we back to beginning
If people not change mi d this never will be end
Closed Thread