Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2021, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #1426
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
It’s everywhere we back to beginning
If people not change mi d this never will be end
Yeah, see the news from the US, and it doesn't look good. It is a shame seeing this unfold in a country with so many vaccines available.
COVID's vaccine has been available for many months already, and a few billion shots from many makers has been given worldwide. If there were anything bad about it, it should all be very clear to the whole world by now, not just showing up only in some selective news station of a few country. It is mind-boggling to still see a good deal of skepticism around it in some places.
Perhaps (better say, I am pretty sure) traffic dead rate in those countries is many times higher than fatality rate from receiving a vaccine, but skeptic have no problem driving a car while so afraid of the vaccine!
I start to think these people might just afraid of the tinny needle.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 08-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.
08-24-2021, 04:49 PM - 2 Likes   #1427
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This Video Of An Unvaccinated Community In The Ozarks Who'd Rather Die Of COVID-19 Than Take The Vaccine Is A Sobering Dose Of Reality - Digg
Look this video digg.com
May be you find your answer
08-25-2021, 02:46 AM   #1428
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
His reacting badly is the countless millions who have died of blood clots, or who have been stabbed by kitchen knives suddenly flying across the room.

He sent me some links to his sources. For your amusement I will post them later.
I have people send me links to this conspiracy stuff. It makes me sad and a little scared about the future of the world. So much anger, distrust, and misinformation. It is basically impossible to argue with them because they have an inherent distrust of any government or official source of information.

I tell people that I do think there are serious reactions to vaccines. I am convinced that the spike protein, even in small amounts, can cause things like blood clots. But if you are going to have a bad reaction to 10,000 copies in your system from a vaccine (mostly in your Deltoid muscle) then you would die if you had over 1,000 times that distributed through your system.
08-25-2021, 06:43 AM   #1429
Pentaxian

His reacting badly is the countless millions who have died of blood clots, or who have been stabbed by kitchen knives suddenly flying across the room.

He sent me some links to his sources. For your amusement I will post them later.
Oooh goody - anti-vaxxers tend to lose all information on their sources when pressed into justifying their stance.

08-25-2021, 07:00 AM - 6 Likes   #1430
Veteran Member

“The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
08-25-2021, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #1431
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Oooh goody - anti-vaxxers tend to lose all information on their sources when pressed into justifying their stance.
Well, here you go:

Be aware before clicking the links, there is a lot more going on with these websites than pandemic misinformation.
rumble and especially bitchute seem to also be something of a hotbed for very racist white supremacy and neo-nazi activity.

Top American doctor: COVID shots are 'obsolete,' dangerous, must be shut down - LifeSite

VACCINE FAILURE! Patients Hospitalized, Dying Mostly FULLY 'VACCINATED'!

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE! Kids Dead After Jab in Australia, Eye-Popping Interview With Aussie Veteran

Official Data shows many more people have died due to the Covid-19 Vaccines in 8 months than people who have died of Covid-19 in 18 months – Daily Expose

https://steverotter.com/fda-approves-covid-vaccine/

Frankly, I'm appalled.
08-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #1432
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I probably will lose my position as a docent at my local zoo ( which I have had since 2017 ) due to covid 19

I am suppose to provide a minimum number of hours per year of " education " to the guests

I was scheduled for 8 hours Saturday but just cancelled, even though I have been fully vaccinated [ Pfizer ] since April due to the increase number of Covid 19 delta in the county

QuoteQuote:
Mask policy – We will continue with the same mask protocol most likely until Shawnee County downgrades its Indicator Report Summary Index to Moderate. Currently, the summary index is Substantial. As such, staff will continue to be required to wear a mask when they can not social distance from other staff or guests.
this is the latest status report:

QuoteQuote:
Shawnee County COVID-19 Community Indicator Report
Period of August 8 through August 14
Summary Index = HIGH
https://www.snco.us/hd/Document/Community_Indicator_Report_08192021.pdf

we cannot insist that guests wear masks

and we have to communicate with the guests regardless of the social distancing

of course, guests crowd the exhibit and you when you are talking

my county reported 352 new cases of covid 19 yesterday

08-25-2021, 07:43 AM - 2 Likes   #1433
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
These links read like headlines on tabloids like The National Enquirer, etc.

Not something I will click through to.

Also, a heads up to everyone:

We need to move away from discussion of vaxxer/anti-vaxxer. It isn’t what this conversation is about.
08-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #1434
Pentaxian

I love the one that says only 3500 have died from Covid-19 as all the others had some underlying condition. A bit like saying of all the people dying after being struck by lightning only a small percentage actually died from the lightning strike......

08-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #1435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, here you go:

Be aware before clicking the links, there is a lot more going on with these websites than pandemic misinformation.
rumble and especially bitchute seem to also be something of a hotbed for very racist white supremacy and neo-nazi activity.

Frankly, I'm appalled.
God what I would give for instant amnesia, eye bleach and forgetting the ability to read.
The worst part is that, if one does not know anything about statistics, the drivel sounds plausible. It's dangerous.
I'm revolted.

---------- Post added 08-25-21 at 08:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I love the one that says only 3500 have died from Covid-19 as all the others had some underlying condition. A bit like saying of all the people dying after being struck by lightning only a small percentage actually died from the lightning strike......
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Then they talk about how 500 people died in 8 months because of the vaccine, without taking into account that the UK has a crude mortality rate of ~10 deaths/1000 inhabitants a year.

According to the stats I'm reading, 47 million UK citizens have been vaccinated. We're considering 8 months of time frame, which means approximately 313000 people would have died *from all causes* in that period of time. Of those, a whopping 500 died within 28 days of getting the jab.

Hm. I'd say that's indistinguishable from background noise. In fact, I'd argue that the deaths reported after the jab are below what's expected, but I don't have the time nor the energy to really look into how to model that.
08-25-2021, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #1436
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
These links read like headlines on tabloids like The National Enquirer, etc.

Not something I will click through to.

Also, a heads up to everyone:

We need to move away from discussion of vaxxer/anti-vaxxer. It isn’t what this conversation is about.
Fair enough. I had no idea that they were so well organized.

Anyway....

Here's a graph of what's the infection numbers look like since Sept of last year in my corner of the world.

08-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #1437
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I probably will lose my position as a docent at my local zoo ( which I have had since 2017 ) due to covid 19

I am suppose to provide a minimum number of hours per year of " education " to the guests

I was scheduled for 8 hours Saturday but just cancelled, even though I have been fully vaccinated [ Pfizer ] since April due to the increase number of Covid 19 delta in the county

this is the latest status report:

https://www.snco.us/hd/Document/Community_Indicator_Report_08192021.pdf

we cannot insist that guests wear masks

and we have to communicate with the guests regardless of the social distancing

of course, guests crowd the exhibit and you when you are talking

my county reported 352 new cases of covid 19 yesterday
So may you bring your education skill here Add photo zoo animal and educated member here
At least more safe
08-25-2021, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #1438
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
So may you bring your education skill here Add photo zoo animal and educated member here
At least more safe
I've done that

once or twice

or more
08-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #1439
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems the three week spacing between the Pfizer jabs was too short a time. 8 weeks seems to be the sweet spot. How did the testing for this vaccine not show this? My information is BBC news. So what do we do now? Will science get it right the second time around?

Covid vaccine: Eight-week gap seen as sweet spot for Pfizer jab antibodies - BBC News

The J&J booster shot seems to greatly increase COVID resistance in the longer run. It raises antibody levels 9 fold. I had a feeling that the J&J vaccine was the way to go but no one could give me an availability date. It turned out to be only a few weeks after the Pfizer shots I got. I usually trust my feelings but went with the crowd in this case. My bad.

Will the J&J booster work for those who got Moderna or Pfizer vaccinations?

Some 36,000,000 people in the US have had COVID and survived. Do they still need the regular vaccine or will a booster be enough? I have read conflicting reports about how long immunity lasts after you recover from the disease. More data needed here?

I am asking this as my son, his girlfriend and her two kids all had COVID. The older boy had such a mild case that they did not think much of it. He had the sniffles for a few days. The rest of them had a rougher experience. About the same as the flu. As people with antibodies can have more severe reactions to the current vaccines available I wonder what the risk/reward is. The answer "It couldn't hurt" is not a scientifically valid answer. Another son had COVID early on and after his first Moderna shot, adverse reactions started within an hour and took him out for 4 solid days. He called his experience a severe migraine that went from head to toe. Never felt this sick in his whole life and he deals with chronic Lyme's disease.
08-25-2021, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #1440
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Seems the three week spacing between the Pfizer jabs was too short a time. 8 weeks seems to be the sweet spot. How did the testing for this vaccine not show this? My information is BBC news. So what do we do now? Will science get it right the second time around?

Covid vaccine: Eight-week gap seen as sweet spot for Pfizer jab antibodies - BBC News
First, I would be very, very cautious about this study. It has N=503 and has not yet been peer reviewed. This is basically the BBC regurgitating a press release that the universities put out to hype the study. Second, because of the urgency of getting these vaccines into people's arms, the experimental design could not permit variation in dosage spacing (or even dosage level). Just to have two groups (control and experimental) required 60,000 volunteers, and you needed a certain number of positive tests in the control group before you could calculate efficacy. With more but smaller groups, you really make the calculations incredibly complex. Three weeks was the best guess the researchers had, and so they put it forward and got good results. To get the sort of data this study uses would have required delaying getting vaccines out to the masses and led to significantly more deaths. (Moderna tested four weeks for reasons known basically only to the study designers. Moderna is also a higher dose of mRNA, coming in at 100 micrograms vs 30 micrograms for Pfizer. Moderna did test 50 micrograms in phase 2 but opted to go with 100 micrograms in phase 3 and for the final vaccine.)

Science has gotten this consistently right. In the face of a devastating pandemic, you find something that is safe and works very well. Then you run with it. You don't wait around until you find the optimal solution. Remember that at this time last year, we were just getting into phase 3 trials and were being told to expect something with an efficacy in the 60–70% range. On their first try, scientists achieved an efficacy rate traditionally associated only with the measles vaccine.

Will the J&J booster work for those who got Moderna or Pfizer vaccinations?
I don't believe anyone is running clinical trials on this sort of thing. We're most likely to see evidence from mass data collection in the countries that have pursued mixed vaccine strategies. I go in on Friday for a follow-up blood draw for phase 3 of the Moderna trial. I plan to ask if they're doing the eight month booster thing for trial participants or what we're supposed to do on that. My eight month mark arrives in mid-October.

Some 36,000,000 people in the US have had COVID and survived. Do they still need the regular vaccine or will a booster be enough? I have read conflicting reports about how long immunity lasts after you recover from the disease. More data needed here?
How long immunity lasts is going to vary depending on how severe of a case you had and which variant it was. The evidence overwhelmingly supports vaccination for those who have had positive tests before, as Moderna in particular has been shown to be highly effective even against the delta variant, whereas antibodies from infection by the earlier strain have been shown to be much less effective. There is some evidence that vaccination also improves some of the long COVID symptoms in those who have been suffering from it.
Closed Thread