Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2021, 08:01 PM - 2 Likes   #1486
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Auckland still Level 4 lockdown, the rest of us Level 2. NZ has secured a whole heap more Pfizer so as to speed up the vaccination program.

09-15-2021, 04:04 AM   #1487
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Since I last posted numbers to this thread a couple of weeks ago things are looking a bit more dire in sunny Saskatchewan. We've been averaging close to 400 new cases per day, and yesterday saw our worst day for new cases since the pandemic began. Deaths are climbing again, and 50% of new cases are between 12 and 30 years old.
And still, our do nothing government continues with its policy of doing nothing.
Oh they've done one thing. They passed an emergency order lowing them to shift health care workers all over the place, meaning people who are already working 60 to 80 hours per week get the added stress of not knowing where they will be working, they just get to know they will be abused even more.
Meanwhile our government is pandering to a group of people who are protesting outside of hospitals, abusing health care workers on their way to and from work, and who are stifling discourse in an election campaign by throwing rocks and dog turds at the people they disagree with and just being general dumb wads.
Our 7day average was just under 800, but given our much larger population it is less dire. Saskatchewan and in particular Alberta have been leading the way in showing us all how not to do it. Take care out there .
I am sitting here waiting to see who can no longer come to work on the 22 since we made employee vaccination follow same rules as members coming into the club (it is a fitness club —- and we already have members who managed to get hold of all the member emails and send out idiot anti vac anti mask nonsense to everyone.
09-15-2021, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #1488
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Our 7day average was just under 800, but given our much larger population it is less dire. Saskatchewan and in particular Alberta have been leading the way in showing us all how not to do it. Take care out there .
I am sitting here waiting to see who can no longer come to work on the 22 since we made employee vaccination follow same rules as members coming into the club (it is a fitness club —- and we already have members who managed to get hold of all the member emails and send out idiot anti vac anti mask nonsense to everyone.
GTA is probably 5 times the population of all of Saskatchewan. We hit a record number of cases yesterday with 506, over 101 of them being in the age 0- 11 group that cannot be vaccinated.
And still the Moeron government shows the leadership abilities of a goldfish.
09-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #1489
Veteran Member

A large proportion of our new cases are unvaccinated children as well 23 schools in toronto have active case investigations already
.... almost 70% of new cases are unvaccinated, and hospitalizations 81% are unvaccinated 86% if you include one shot . ICU cases 85% unvaccinated and 93% if you include 1 dose people
What is keeping our numbers somewhat in line is we kept a lot of measures in place. even as we re-opened areas. that said i see a lot less mask use now except indoors. the projections are sitting at 4000 a day by November if we don't change some factors

09-15-2021, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #1490
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A large proportion of our new cases are unvaccinated children as well 23 schools in toronto have active case investigations already
.... almost 70% of new cases are unvaccinated, and hospitalizations 81% are unvaccinated 86% if you include one shot . ICU cases 85% unvaccinated and 93% if you include 1 dose people
What is keeping our numbers somewhat in line is we kept a lot of measures in place. even as we re-opened areas. that said i see a lot less mask use now except indoors. the projections are sitting at 4000 a day by November if we don't change some factors
What a twist, the vaccine works and reduces pressure on the healthcare systems.

I'm flabbergasted at the thought.
09-15-2021, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #1491
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I can’t breathe.

But I’m on fire today!

09-15-2021, 10:28 AM   #1492
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
What a twist, the vaccine works and reduces pressure on the healthcare systems.

I'm flabbergasted at the thought.
I know it is an astounding though

09-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #1493
Loyal Site Supporter

When Saskatchewan opened up it was all at once. Saturday all the restrictions were in place, Sunday they weren't. Moeron even broke his own policy by removing the restrictions before the province had met the vaccination target he had set.

Now he's just sitting back and pretending the vaccinated have nothing to worry about, as apparently in his world the vaccines are 100% effective and little kids are immune, mask mandates and like are suddenly unfair, and the pandemic is just going to go away on its own if we just wish hard enough.
09-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #1494
Veteran Member

When Saskatchewan opened up it was all at once. Saturday all the restrictions were in place, Sunday they weren't. Moeron even broke his own policy by removing the restrictions before the province had met the vaccination target he had set.

Now he's just sitting back and pretending the vaccinated have nothing to worry about, as apparently in his world the vaccines are 100% effective and little kids are immune, mask mandates and like are suddenly unfair, and the pandemic is just going to go away on its own if we just wish hard enough.
He sure has learned from his buddy Jason in Alberta, who somehow has managed to be even worse at 413 cases per 10000 vs the 333 per 10000 in Saskatchewan some of the worst numbers in the world.
09-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #1495
Loyal Site Supporter

He sure has learned from his buddy Jason in Alberta, who somehow has managed to be even worse at 413 cases per 10000 vs the 333 per 10000 in Saskatchewan some of the worst numbers in the world.
The Riders have a home game against the Argos on Friday. The Riders have put a vaccine mandate on their home games. It will be interesting to see how much of a gong show it turns out to be at the gates with unvaccinated people insisting they have a right to go in since they have a ticket.
It will also be interesting to see if the Riders show up for this game. They missed the last two considering the final scores.

I'm betting that the keepers of the gates will be subject to much abuse.
Again, this can be laid at the feet of Moeron, since he refuses to back up businesses with any legal teeth.

As an aside, 475 new cases were reported today, 104 are in children under the age of 12.

That old nag about doing it for the children could be trotted out about now in relation to covid restrictions and the under 12 set.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-15-2021 at 05:02 PM.
09-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #1496
Veteran Member

The Riders have a home game against the Argos on Friday. The Riders have put a vaccine mandate on their home games. It will be interesting to see how much of a gong show it turns out to be at the gates with unvaccinated people insisting they have a right to go in since they have a ticket.
It will also be interesting to see if the Riders show up for this game. They missed the least two considering the final scores.

I'm betting that the keepers of the gates will be subject to much abuse.
Again, this can be laid at the feet of Moeron, since he refuses to back up businesses with any legal teeth.

As an aside, 475 new cases were reported today, 104 are in children under the age of 12.

That old nag about doing it for the children could be trotted out about now in relation to covid restrictions and the under 12 set.
The socon set have raised the bar on intransigent and nasty and more on Ford Kenny and otool are all blowing the dog whistle for them though many are now ppc
It is making getting through this pandemic even worse in many ways
09-16-2021, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #1497
Loyal Site Supporter

The socon set have raised the bar on intransigent and nasty and more on Ford Kenny and otool are all blowing the dog whistle for them though many are now ppc
It is making getting through this pandemic even worse in many ways
Well, it finally happened. As of tomorrow, we have a province wide mask mandate back in force and a proof of vaccination requirement for some, though in my opinion not enough, public venues.
It only took 3k new cases in the past 7 days and the health care system to start to collapse under the weight of new cases to get some action.
09-16-2021, 05:19 PM - 3 Likes   #1498
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Mask up.

09-16-2021, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #1499
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two months ago for me ...
09-16-2021, 06:05 PM   #1500
Veteran Member

Well, it finally happened. As of tomorrow, we have a province wide mask mandate back in force and a proof of vaccination requirement for some, though in my opinion not enough, public venues.
It only took 3k new cases in the past 7 days and the health care system to start to collapse under the weight of new cases to get some action.
I was listening to CBC on the drive home from work and heard both moron and Kenny finally slightly smartened up
Closed Thread