Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2021, 04:37 PM - 4 Likes   #1531
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Follow up on post #1519.

Twenty six hours and no post vaccine effects. It seems that I am not subject to all the "things" that supposedly happen to people after the vaccine.

Kind of a bummer actually, now I have to go downstairs and make my own dinner. 😱😁🦄🦄🥣

09-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #1532
Inactive Account

I am very curious about people with little to no vaccine's side effects even after the second shot like in @PDL case.
I wonder what is doctor's advices? Is it mean the vaccine couldn't do its job, trickling body to produce whatever it takes to fight with COVID?
Or is it mean people in this group likely to be ok because if they get real COVID they will have mild to no reaction as their body does to the vaccine?
Really fascinated to know!

I got mild side effects since the first one. Chills, joint pain, Headache enough to take a medication for a day and heavy enough, unable to walk up right for a full day on the second shot. My sister was also had a very heavy side effect on the second shot. She was in a test group, so she gets to send in a blood sample to check for all kind of things. And it shows her immune system go up to the roof after recover from the side effects. I guess I might be in the same group as her. My immune system might be ready to fight with the COVID now, but it could be my death sentence if I were to get a real COVID before inoculation.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 09-18-2021 at 05:21 PM.
09-18-2021, 05:41 PM   #1533
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Kind of a bummer actually, now I have to go downstairs and make my own dinner. 😱😁🦄🦄🥣
Door dash?

Grub hub?
09-18-2021, 05:43 PM   #1534
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Stadiums at all the college football games seem full today. Close to 100,000 people at the Penn State/Auburn game right now. No one seems outraged by these super spreader events. I guess if colleges are in danger of losing all the money that these games generate for them they have no problems allowing the crowds to gather.

09-18-2021, 07:14 PM - 2 Likes   #1535
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I'm 74 and fighting stage 4 cancer.
I will get the booster and continue to double mask to help protect myself from people like you.
You say you've had covid, so it's possible you've passed it on and actually killed someone. (SMH)
Bob....wishing you the best with your health. BTW, can you take over running health in North America because your 3 line posting just summed it up perfectly. Regards, David, health care professional

---------- Post added 09-18-2021 at 10:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
I am very curious about people with little to no vaccine's side effects even after the second shot like in @PDL case.
I wonder what is doctor's advices? Is it mean the vaccine couldn't do its job, trickling body to produce whatever it takes to fight with COVID?
Or is it mean people in this group likely to be ok because if they get real COVID they will have mild to no reaction as their body does to the vaccine?

I got mild side effects since the first one. Chills, joint pain, Headache enough to take a medication for a day and heavy enough, unable to walk up right for a full day on the second shot. My sister was also had a very heavy side effect on the second shot. She was in a test group, so she gets to send in a blood sample to check for all kind of things. And it shows her immune system go up to the roof after recover from the side effects. I guess I might be in the same group as her. My immune system might be ready to fight with the COVID now, but it could be my death sentence if I were to get a real COVID before inoculation.
The numbers seem to show that the older you are then the less severe are the side effects. The speculation is that it may just mean that you do not have such a rapid acute response to the vaccination due to your age related immune response. But on the other hand, scientists, immunologists, doctors, are also telling the public that if you do not have side effects it does not mean you did not have the proper immune response. And to make it more confusing, there is also a theory that maybe those with more severe side effects to the vaccine may actually have already been exposed to Covid19 and therefore you have a more acute, severe, reaction to the vaccine. One recently published article stated that those that already had Covid and then get the vaccine may have the best protection against the virus. And in case you are thinking...so I should expose myself first to the virus and then get vaccinated,, just remember that there is a chance you may not make it to the vaccination if you deliberatley try it that way.

Personally, I had minimal symptoms to the first vaccine(Pfizer). The second one.....ill in bed for 4 days. Another staff member 3 days, another 2 days. And then 4 other health care workers in the office had no real ill effects. Just means that if we need the booster then 3 of us are probably taking it on a Thursday, booking off Friday, and hoping to return to work on Monday.
09-18-2021, 07:30 PM - 2 Likes   #1536
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
To those who got the shot(s): why do you give a damn if I'm vaccinated or not, unless the shot is of no effect - and should not, therefore, be called a vaccine at all.

I've been vaccinated against polio (along with other diseases), and don't care if you have the polio virus in my presence.

Any other medical product would have been pulled from the market long before it had killed or caused other health issues to the extent seen with this product. And let's be clear, this is a (highly profitable) product. And, I have no issues with drug companies making a profit.

BTW, I've had covid - yet some insist I still get the shot. This is not rational thinking, just mindless emotional panic.

Health uber alles! Bring any policy to bear, no matter the cost.

Get your shot. I'll take my chances.

So much “fake news” all in one spot.

No one claims that vaccination is 100% protection against infection.

No one has ever shown that someone died from being vacinated.

We have ample proof that being infected provides much less protection that being vacinated does.

I know of some people who are still suffering from effects {such as racing heart-beat} of infection almost a year after ‘recovering’ from infection.
09-18-2021, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #1537
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Door dash?

Grub hub?
Actually it was Quinoa stuffed Bell Pepper leftovers. Very tasty.

I have never used Door dash or Grub hub. The extra charges to get to my home are way too high. (I have had other delivery services fail to "find" my house - Looking at FedEx and UPS)

---------- Post added 09-18-21 at 09:32 PM ----------

In my case, no reaction to the shots for all three (3) shots. My better half had a sore arm after her two (2) shots for a few hours, then nothing. At present, she does not qualify for a third.

09-19-2021, 12:01 AM   #1538
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

Unfortunately that isn't true either.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58330796

09-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #1539
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

New Zealand reports first death linked to Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine | Reuters

Thanks,
barondla
09-19-2021, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #1540
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The studies show that the vaccines are very effective regardless of the symptoms you get with them. It may be that if you have minimal symptoms that your antibodies aren't as high as someone who feels bad after taking the vaccine, but they should still be there.

It might mean that six months down the road you have a little higher chance of catching COVID if you are exposed, but we know that the vaccinations are quite effective at preventing serious illness with it, which is probably the biggest thing.
09-19-2021, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #1541
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually it was Quinoa stuffed Bell Pepper leftovers. Very tasty.
Sounds delicious.

I like the red, orange and yellow bell peppers over the green ones, better flavor. Besides, the doctor says we need more colors on our plate.

I have never used Door dash or Grub hub. The extra charges to get to my home are way too high. (I have had other delivery services fail to "find" my house - Looking at FedEx and UPS)[COLOR="Silver"]
Same here.

I'm 4 miles out of Granite Falls, 15 from Lake Stevens, 20 from Arlington and 30 from Everett. Most neophytes get lost trying to find the house, and by the time they got here the food would be cold.

We either call in for takeout, or go out for a bite.
09-19-2021, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #1542
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Your data is out of date.

Mortalities by age group up to and including 7 August 2021. (Latest date we have accurate data for)
Age Mortalities
10 - 29 years 0
30 - 59 years 4
60 - 79 years 10
80+ years 12

There is, of course, no proof that the deaths are directly related to the vaccine. Put another way: These people have died soon after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, but those deaths are from all causes.
09-19-2021, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #1543
Pentaxian

Most of those deaths were last year before vaccinations were rolled out !
09-19-2021, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #1544
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Most of those deaths were last year before vaccinations were rolled out !
Most of the deaths now are people who have not been vaccinated, the same way that most of the illnesses are among the unvaccinated.
In a way it's a self correcting problem, except for the people who refuse vaccinations showing up at emergency wards and making life miserable for the health care workers, taking up space that should be going to people who have shown a level of social responsibility, and infecting people who cannot be vaccinated.
Where I am, the disease has vectored into the 0-12 age group. They are not yet vaccine eligible, and this takes us back to the entire health care system being turned into a great big covid ward.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-19-2021 at 07:09 PM.
09-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #1545
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Your point?
Most of the deaths now are people who have not been vaccinated, the same way that most of the illnesses are among the unvaccinated.
In a way it's a self correcting problem, except for the people who refuse vaccinations showing up at emergency wards and making life miserable for the health care workers, taking up space that should be going to people who have shown a level of social responsibility, and infecting people who cannot be vaccinated.
Where I am, the disease has vectored into the 0-12 age group. They are not yet vaccine eligible, and this takes us back to the entire health care system being turned into a great big covid ward.
I think you have gotten astray Bill. The discussion had moved to deaths related to the vaccine, not those who had not yet been vaccinated, after Naked Dude made the comment earlier, without any citations.
Closed Thread