Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2021, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #1576
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
. . . I received some bad news, too: my GP is retiring by November 2021.
I dread looking for and starting all over with a new doctor...

Chris
had to do that last year

not fun

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
. . . Anyone else gotten the Shingles shot? . . . .
a few years ago if I remember correctly

I got a pneumonia shot

two shingle shots the original and then a follow up a year or so later

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I know intelligent, educated people who believe that the world is flat.
and don't like Pentax

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-20-2021 at 03:38 PM.
09-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #1577
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm sorry if I have not been clear. The data I have linked to is the most recent data. It shows instances of deaths after residents of New Zealand have received the Pfizer vaccine. There is, as yet, no available data to prove that any of those people have died of complications relating to the Pfizer vaccine. At this point, the data appears to indicate that some of those people may have died as result of receiving the vaccine but as the Coroner has not yet ruled one way or the other, there is, as yet, no definitive case that can be said to have been caused purely due to exposure to the vaccine.

There has, however, been one case where the person's death is strongly suspected to be due to the person receiving the vaccine. This was a woman in her 50's with other health issues. That case and all the other cases are still before the Coroner.
In the UK we have 72 deaths from 419 episodes of blood clots with low platelets after an Astra Zeneca vaccine. This is after 24.8 million first doses and 23.9 million second doses.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adve...card-reporting

09-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #1578
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
In the UK we have 72 deaths from 419 episodes of blood clots with low platelets after an Astra Zeneca vaccine. This is after 24.8 million first doses and 23.9 million second doses.

Coronavirus vaccine - weekly summary of Yellow Card reporting - GOV.UK
Sounds pretty safe.
09-20-2021, 04:18 PM   #1579
PDL
Pentaxian

I just got my shingles and flu shots. Covid shots were done nearly 5 months ago.

Anyone else gotten the Shingles shot? It HURT going in. My arm is also very sore on that side. It bled more than any other vaccine I’ve ever had - still minimal but surprising. Even showering later I had a sting in the area which is quite unusual. Can’t wait for scheduling the second shot in 2-6 months.
I have had two Shingles shots a few years ago. I caught Chicken Pox from my son when he was a little one. I thought I had Chicken Pox as a child, but I was wrong - I wear the scar from one of the Chicken Pox skin lesions. Chicken Pox is closely related to Shingles.

Since I fall under the immune suppressed, my Dr. insisted that I get the Shingles shots. They lowered the boom on me pretty bad - two days of 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) each time. The last time was along with the final Pneumonia shot tool (Shingles is a virus - Pneumonia is a bacteria). Sicker than a dog, but it did not last all that long.

I get flu shots each year and for the most part have a sore arm for a day at most. Which leads me back to my reaction, or lack there of, from my three (3) Pfizer Covid-19 shots. Sort of surprising that there was no reaction - gee not even 5G reception, better speed on downloads and I am not magnetic. (Even with Aluminum or Copper alloys - what my keys are made of)

09-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #1580
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I received some bad news, too: my GP is retiring by November 2021.
Our GP and dentist of many years both retired last year.
We're pretty happy with their replacements.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I see where several health insurance companies are dropping the no copay, no deductible policies they had last year for covid patients.
Doubt this will account for many, if any, seeking the vaccine.
09-20-2021, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #1581
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Really?
Sorry, but Really? back at you.

My better half is a native of SD and we met while I was a staff Archaeologist at USD. Where - we had one guy come in with a cow pelvis literally screaming at us about it being the head of a "Dragon" like on his ancestors (Norwegian) ships. When out and about working for the lab I was confronted in many a bar about flat-earthers and Vikings in SD.

When you drive a State labeled vehicle around that place, a lot of people will seek you out to tell you the latest in how they know oh-so-much-more than you "college" people know. Heaven help you if you put a case of beer in the trunk to get refreshment back to your camp. I have had letters/phone calls sent to the Governor, Attorney General and President of the University about my crew's (mis)use of "State Property". We moved from there almost 40 years ago - not moving back.

Edit:
There are a lot of flat-earthers out here (PNW) too. One of the "ring-leaders" lives in the San Juan's.

Now, back to Covid-19 - breaking news from Johns Hopkins:
"The U.S. death toll from COVID-19 has surpassed that of the 1918 flu pandemic, according to a tracker from Johns Hopkins University, highlighting the extraordinary damage incurred by the current virus."
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/573011-us-covid-19-death-toll-surpasse...-1918-pandemic

Last edited by PDL; 09-20-2021 at 04:41 PM.
09-20-2021, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #1582
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I see where several health insurance companies are dropping the no copay, no deductible policies they had last year for covid patients.
Could you please explain this in smaller words for me?

09-20-2021, 06:05 PM - 2 Likes   #1583
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
and don't like Pentax
I cut this out of context… so no one think aslyfox is saying HE doesn’t like Pentax.

I nearly did a spit take reading this! The ultimate insult to a mans intelligence is to say that they don’t (gasp) like Pentax! Lol.

---------- Post added 09-20-21 at 09:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
In the USA your insurance carries in what is covered and not and if you have a portion of care you must pay out of pocket before insurance kicks in (a deductible). Then once it kicks in some services are setup so that you must pay a certain amount at the time of service (a co-payment).
09-20-2021, 06:16 PM   #1584
Loyal Site Supporter

In the USA your insurance carries in what is covered and not and if you have a portion of care you must pay out of pocket before insurance kicks in (a deductible). Then once it kicks in some services are setup so that you must pay a certain amount at the time of service (a co-payment).
So the insurance companies in question are more or less opting out of covering covid-19 care?
09-20-2021, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #1585
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

So the insurance companies in question are more or less opting out of covering covid-19 care?
If they do it will be the stupidest move ever. The cost of caring for a Covid patient has to be exponentially more expensive than vaccinating one.
OTH, non insured pay nothing for the vaccine. There's a fund for that so maybe they figure if they won't pay, the fund will. The only sure thing relative to insurance companies is that the best interest of the insured is not their priority. Their own best interest is and, from a purely business viewpoint, that makes sense. It stinks, but it males sense.
09-20-2021, 07:37 PM   #1586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you go to one of the gov't-run vaccine centers, you need not submit insurance info, even if you have it. It's completely free.

Some hospitals, pharmacy chains, and other healthcare providers are coordinating with state and local gov'ts to provide free vaccinations for those without health insurance. These places also have the option of billing the federal gov't directly.
09-20-2021, 07:42 PM   #1587
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most pharmacies and plans cover vaccination but the care after illness was under special guidelines early in the pandemic. I think those mandates expired and some insurance providers are returning to business as usual. I have insurance and the pharmacy never could figure out the bill back and I was covered under the fund. I have since figured out what was wrong with my prescription card (worn numbers being misread).
09-21-2021, 03:02 AM - 1 Like   #1588
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the US you have insurance that covers you for health care related issues. Typically the insurance has a deductible -- this is an amount that you have to pay out of pocket before the insurance starts cover things. Depending on the plan it can be between 500 and a few thousand dollars. After that, there are still typically co-pays (amounts you pay for doctor visits) and maybe even a percentage of certain other costs involved with health care.

Insurance companies had waived these fees and deductibles last year for COVID related care, but they are going back to normal where they will cover the normal part of a hospital stay, but not waive those fees.
09-21-2021, 03:26 AM - 3 Likes   #1589
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Leeches won't pay no more.
09-21-2021, 04:17 AM - 2 Likes   #1590
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Insurance companies had waived these fees and deductibles last year for COVID related care, but they are going back to normal where they will cover the normal part of a hospital stay, but not waive those fees.
Thanks for giving a better explanation than I could have.
The companies apparently didn't lose much, if any, money last year due to a big reduction in elective procedures, etc.
My wife retired from an insurance company and my primary insurance is Medicare, my secondary is at a reduced rate through her former employer.
The cancer drug I take, that's keeping my cancer from spreading, is priced at $15,000 per 30 day supply. Knock on wood, I haven't paid a dime. The maker does have a plan for low income patients that will cover most, or maybe all, of the cost.
Closed Thread