Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2021, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #1741
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I believe the original question was something about getting a shot and looking for others that have done the same. I tried to wade thru the 44 pages of posts but after 3 or 4 realized this is another microcosm very much like all the other interest groups I’m part of and have read. I skipped to the end. I have a couple days before I can get the 3rd shot. Im 63 but qualify due to health issues.

I’m ambivalent about much of this situation. Early on I speculated that it might kill a lot of us and in some respects that might be a good thing. Toward the one year mark I thought the government had screwed things up pretty well and it might actually kill most of us. Now it looks like we might come out of it with relatively small losses overall and just a whole lot of collateral damage and I’m just a bit disappointed.

If you are not laughing then you have an underdeveloped sense of humor and I suggest you look for a group.

You see, I’ve been thru this all before-no kidding. A world pandemic, body bags and cardboard body boxes in the street, debris everywhere and those crazy search x’s on the fronts of building telling the number of survivors, number of dead, counting authority and search date. It’s a surreal experience! Got five hundred dollars for letting them use my house. For about eight seconds in the B grade sci-if film “Carriers” my neighborhood is on screen as the star survivors drive by looking for other survivors. They find some at the high school my father in law, wife, brother and all three of my children attended! That same HS was blown up in one of the Terminator movies but that’s a different apocalypse.

Frankly the movies had better plot lines and more interesting dialog than this real thing we are all living!

So you might guess I’m having lots of laughs and thought you might too, once you heard my story. Time to go to bed, good night all!

10-01-2021, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #1742
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok - got my booster along with a flu shot today.
10-02-2021, 03:10 AM   #1743
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess we'll see how they price it. I am figuring that it will 200 or 250 dollars for a course of treatment -- quite a bit more expensive than a round of vaccine. It will also be most effective if given early in the illness.

It still will be cheaper than providing ICU care for folks. Likely it will be reserved for people over 55 and those with health conditions that increase severity of COVID.

---------- Post added 10-02-21 at 06:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics
We don’t have really national data base about cases or who and how vaccinated
Or tested for Covid test
This is biggest issue
A all country I think all country not give full information to public
Because will be so disastrous In US no even information
At list about 6 digit number people who got boost itself before official was offer boost
Some people mixed with different vaccine
So I really think all data base now it’s disastrous
Each individual state has a dashboard. Worldometer has put these together into a big spreadsheet that includes tests per million and things like that. United States COVID: 44,443,405 Cases and 718,984 Deaths - Worldometer

I live in Virginia and they have a dashboard for COVID vaccination and show that about 60 percent of the state is fully vaccinated: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-in-virginia/covid-19-vaccine-summary/ They have a second page where they track breakthrough infections, hospitalizations, and deaths. https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-in-virginia/covid-19-cases...nation-status/ I really think the data is out there and easy to access.
10-02-2021, 06:56 AM - 6 Likes   #1744
Veteran Member

If the pill does become available, I predict two types of anti-vaxxers.
#1 I don't need the shot, I can just take a pill if I get the virus.
or
#2 I ain't taking a pill, it's too easy for them to install a tracking device in one.

Sensible people will see it as another weapon in this war,

10-02-2021, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1745
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Conspiracy revealed

" Cripes, they're on to us "

Last edited by aslyfox; 10-02-2021 at 07:42 AM.
10-02-2021, 08:30 AM - 11 Likes   #1746
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Something for the anti-vaxers to at least consider

Attached Images

10-02-2021, 05:12 PM   #1747
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, me with my fully vaccinated moderna butt is getting slammed against a fully vaccinated phizer positive for delta case in my house.
Good thing she is young, haven't seen my daughter that sick in a long time.

10-03-2021, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #1748
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Well, me with my fully vaccinated moderna butt is getting slammed against a fully vaccinated phizer positive for delta case in my house.
Good thing she is young, haven't seen my daughter that sick in a long time.
best wishes for a fast successful complete recovery
10-03-2021, 05:54 PM   #1749
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Was speaking with my brother-in-law last night. (He's in South Africa). Fully vaccinated, got Delta. Said it felt much the same as the reaction he had from the vaccine.
I read too that vaccinated people who do get ill have a far lower likelihood of passing on the virus to others.
10-03-2021, 08:59 PM - 7 Likes   #1750
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #1751
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
This just in.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/30/covid-19s-latest-odd-side-effect-restless-anal-syndrome/

One more reason to get vaccinated.

Wouldn’t want a restless sphincter.
10-04-2021, 10:02 AM - 3 Likes   #1752
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This just in.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/30/covid-19s-latest-odd-side-effect-restless-anal-syndrome/

One more reason to get vaccinated.

Wouldn’t want a restless sphincter.
I read the article.

'Taint no joke...
10-04-2021, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #1753
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe I'm missing something, but as the article says "A newly published medical report by doctors in Japan has revealed a mysterious condition associated with the disease called “restless anal syndrome.” Its name is likened to the more commonly discussed restless legs syndrome (RLS) and describes exactly one 77-year-old patient’s afflictions." it appears they are ascribing a new side effect of a disease that has infected millions based on one incident.
If that's the case that's not science. That's pure conjecture on the part of some physicians who wanted to get published.
10-04-2021, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #1754
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Maybe I'm missing something, but as the article says "A newly published medical report by doctors in Japan has revealed a mysterious condition associated with the disease called “restless anal syndrome.” Its name is likened to the more commonly discussed restless legs syndrome (RLS) and describes exactly one 77-year-old patient’s afflictions." it appears they are ascribing a new side effect of a disease that has infected millions based on one incident.
If that's the case that's not science. That's pure conjecture on the part of some physicians who wanted to get published.
Well, you know, you have to start somewhere...
10-04-2021, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #1755
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
They are reporting one case (and, importantly, making it clear that it is one case). Of course, without reproducibility it remains to be seen whether it is covid-caused or not, but it is a way to call attention to the symptoms described - an international PSA to look out for similar stuff in other patients to see if more data can be gained, so to say... the symptoms are generic enough and probably common enough in older people that they might be systematically overlooked.

In that regard, I don't think it's that bad to publish it, as the authors are being transparent. If anything the fault would lie with the reviewers and the journal's editors - they are the ones who decide whether or not the article gets published.
Closed Thread