Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2021, 09:03 AM   #2131
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Surely there are some rumors of that out there on the Web...

Chris
What we are getting here is people paying others to go get vaccinated using their ID so that they can get the vaccination passport without actually getting the vaccination.

It's being treated as criminal fraud by the powers that be, and forcing people to have photo ID if they want a vaccination. The only government issued photo ID we have is drivers license.

11-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #2132
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
What we are getting here is people paying others to go get vaccinated using their ID so that they can get the vaccination passport without actually getting the vaccination.

It's being treated as criminal fraud by the powers that be, and forcing people to have photo ID if they want a vaccination. The only government issued photo ID we have is drivers license.
I hadn't heard of that before but it is certainly possible. I didn't need photo ID in the UK. If the person paid to get vaccinated wants a vaccine passport do they need to be vaccinated twice

11-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #2133
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I hadn't heard of that before but it is certainly possible. I didn't need photo ID in the UK. If the person paid to get vaccinated wants a vaccine passport do they need to be vaccinated twice
I'm not sure how well thought out these scams are. How many jabs can a person get in short order before harming themselves? I don't know.

But yes, if I paid you to get jabs in my name, by the time you were vaccinated on paper, you would have had four vaccinations.
11-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #2134
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I don’t remember early last Spring, but I do believe I had to show Driver’s license back then. No such requirement when I got my booster shot two weeks ago.

I’m still not magnetic nor glowing in the dark.

11-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #2135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Measles is, emphatically, not the same. Exposure to the antigen for measles leads to lifelong immunity. That is clearly not the case for covid.

Besides, there are significant differences between the immunization process being mediated by the mRNA vaccines and the one mediated by actual infection (Antibodies elicited by mRNA-1273 vaccination bind more broadly to the receptor binding domain than do those from SARS-CoV-2 infection - PubMed), and in fact immunization with the vaccine is even more effective on previously-infected patients (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03738-2#Sec1).

The word you're looking for is "recovered", by the way. It's already in use in at least Spain and Germany as an official term.
As someone who has personally had measles twice I tend not to agree with the lifelong immunity statement. I can also attest that it hit me hard enough that at age 14, I prayed for death to be relieved of the suffering that the disease can unleash on you. It is not a fun disease to get. Much worse that any bout of influenza that I have ever had.

Plus thanks for the article reference. I have asked the question a few times and this is the first i have seen a reference to a study. I have read that people who have had both the disease and the vaccine may do better against variants. I have read that a study done in Israel suggested that if a patient who has already had COVID has a strong reaction to their first shot they may not need a second one. Whether this is true or not was under study at the time the article was published.

There is more than I am letting on here in my questions, but I pose them with for a good reason.
11-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #2136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It makes me laugh when someone refuses to disclose their vaccination status. A bit like the murderer who always answers "no comment" . If you haven't been vaccinated just say it.
Well, in the US it is illegal to get any person to divulge their medical history. HIPPA laws either apply or they do not. There are far more deadly diseases than COVID that people are carrying around without divulging what is going on inside them.

I just think that it has gotten to the point where people are just so sick of it all that they are doing a bit of rebelling against it. If you are vaccinated then they are no threat to you so why worry? I am vaccinated and I have just decided to go on with life. Do what you want. I simply do not care anymore. All you can do is take precautions and hope for the best.

Does anyone here remember the Olympic diver Greg Louganis? During the 1988 qualifying dives at the Seoul summer Olympics he hit his head on the platform leading to a bloody wound. His blood spilled into the water too. What he and his coach did not reveal then or to the medical personnel who treated him was the fact that he was HIV positive. Yet he is held as a hero for going on to win a gold medal.

Last edited by gaweidert; 11-07-2021 at 11:28 AM.
11-07-2021, 11:31 AM   #2137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well, in the US it is illegal to get any person to divulge their medical history. HIPPA laws either apply or they do not. There are far more deadly diseases than COVID that people are carrying around without divulging what is going on inside them.

I just think that it has gotten to the point where people are just so sick of it all that they are doing a bit of rebelling against it. If you are vaccinated then they are no threat to you so why worry? I am vaccinated and I have just decided to go on with life. Do what you want. I simply do not care anymore. All you can do is take precautions and hope for the best.

Does anyone here remember the Olympic diver Greg Louganis? During the 1988 qualifying dives at the Seoul summer Olympics he hit his head on the platform leading to a bloody wound. His blood spilled into the water too. What he and his coach did not reveal then or to the medical personnel who treated him was the fact that he was HIV positive. Yet he is held as a hero for going on to win a gold medal.
Employers have a right to know vaccination status
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/09/30/ocr-issues-guidance-on-hipaa-covid...workplace.html
It is also right there in your vaccine passport.
What are these deadly diseases people are walking around with and how contagious are they?

11-07-2021, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #2138
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, in the US it is illegal to get any person to divulge their medical history. HIPPA laws either apply or they do not. . . .
it is not illegal to ask someone if they are vaccinated or any other medical question

requiring them to answer may be a different question

HIPPA

HIPAA

QuoteQuote:
. . . generally prohibits healthcare providers and healthcare businesses, called covered entities, from disclosing protected information to anyone other than a patient and the patient's authorized representatives without their consent. With limited exceptions, it does not restrict patients from receiving information about themselves.[4] It does not prohibit them from voluntarily sharing their health information however they choose, or – if they disclose medical information to family members, friends, or other individuals not a part of a covered entity – legally require them to maintain confidentiality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance_Portability_and_Accountability_Act

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-07-2021 at 12:04 PM.
11-07-2021, 11:58 AM   #2139
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

HIPPA laws either apply or they do not.
It's HIPAA, not HIPPA, and the law applies, as Allen noted above, only to specific entities.
What are these deadly diseases people are walking around with and how contagious are they?
Influenza is the first that comes to my mind. It's quite virulent; killing an estimated 52,000 people in the U.S. in the 2017-18 flu season. That certainly qualifies as a deadly disease in my mind.
11-07-2021, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #2140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you are vaccinated then they are no threat to you so why worry?
Lets make this very clear.

1/ Being vaccinated only reduces the threat, it does not eliminate it.

2/ An unvaccinated person poses a greater threat to both the unvaccinated and the vaccinated but a vaccinated person can still pose a lesser threat.

3/ A previously infected person should probably be considered as vaccinated if they have documentary evidence (pathology report of antibodies?).
11-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #2141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
double post
11-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #2142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It's HIPAA, not HIPPA, and the law applies, as Allen noted above, only to specific entities.
Influenza is the first that comes to my mind. It's quite virulent; killing an estimated 52,000 people in the U.S. in the 2017-18 flu season. That certainly qualifies as a deadly disease in my mind.
Well yes but we don't know which deadly diseases were being referred to, and this year like last year flu jabs are being offered to more people than is normally the case.

11-07-2021, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #2143
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
As someone who has personally had measles twice I tend not to agree with the lifelong immunity statement. I can also attest that it hit me hard enough that at age 14, I prayed for death to be relieved of the suffering that the disease can unleash on you. It is not a fun disease to get. Much worse that any bout of influenza that I have ever had.
There are three types of measles George.

German, 3 day and 10 day. Once you have had one, your immune system develops antibodies to it.

Are you sure you didn’t have a different one each time?
11-07-2021, 02:23 PM - 3 Likes   #2144
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There are three types of measles George.

German, 3 day and 10 day. Once you have had one, your immune system develops antibodies to it.

Are you sure you didn’t have a different one each time?
Exactly.
There are 5 viral exanthems:
Measles (rubeola)
Rubella (German measles)
Varicella (or chickenpox)
Fifth disease.
Roseola.

Rubeola, rubella, roseola, and fifth disease are all so similar that the differential diagnosis requires medical knowledge and training. As far as I know having contracted one of them does not produce immunity to the others.
As a child I know that I had rubeola and rubella and, I believe, EVERY OTHER STINKIN CHILDHOOD DISEASE KNOWN TO MAN, but I digress.
11-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #2145
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
At the time, the US wasn’t bringing large numbers of people with H1b visas, so we had a shortage of people with my skill and training. Purdue - a major engineering university - didn’t even have a Computer Science degree per se; I received a Math degree with CS major, educated by those who were inventing the discipline as we went along.

‘Who I am’ most certainly did matter at the time.
Your education and skill set would have been a factor. Not "who" you were - but what you knew.

---------- Post added 11-07-21 at 01:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don’t remember early last Spring, but I do believe I had to show Driver’s license back then. No such requirement when I got my booster shot two weeks ago.

I’m still not magnetic nor glowing in the dark.
Did you get the sticker put on your vaccine card? If you had your vaccine card with your name on it showing evidence that you had the two shots.

Why in the name of heaven, would you have to show an ID?

I got my shots through my HMO, meaning that the appointment used my HMO member ID. Or did you just get a shot on some random street corner.

To get the buster, you have to get an appointment - that appointment uses some sort of ID and to get the sticker proving your booster, you need your vaccine card.
Closed Thread