Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2021, 05:53 PM   #2146
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
. . . Did you get the sticker put on your vaccine card? . . . .

stickers

QuoteQuote:
[ Stickers ] to god-damned hell with [ Stickers ] We have no[ Stickers ] . In fact, we don't need [ Stickers ] . I don't have to show you any stinking [ Stickers ] . . .

Misquote from " The Treasure of the Sierra Madre "

in fact my official Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card from the CDC just has -

name, birth date, vaccine type, lot number, dates administered, by what health care provider

no stickers

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-07-2021 at 06:01 PM.
11-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #2147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Lets make this very clear.

1/ Being vaccinated only reduces the threat, it does not eliminate it.

2/ An unvaccinated person poses a greater threat to both the unvaccinated and the vaccinated but a vaccinated person can still pose a lesser threat.

3/ A previously infected person should probably be considered as vaccinated if they have documentary evidence (pathology report of antibodies?).
I think the point is that venues and work places want something simple to indicate the someone is lower risk (not no risk) for COVID infections. We know that people can get COVID a second time (obviously Aaron Rodgers did) and we know that people can get COVID after vaccination.

Antibody levels can be run, but that is a relatively expensive test and you would have to decide how often you had to run it and what level you would have to stay over in order to still be considered immune. Seems tough to do logistically, even if it could be done.
11-07-2021, 07:37 PM   #2148
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
stickers

Misquote from " The Treasure of the Sierra Madre "

name, birth date, vaccine type, lot number, dates administered, by what health care provider

no stickers

My HMO wrote all that information on a adhesive "Sticker" and applied them to the card. Your mileage may very, but the point stands.

How would the provider know that the person showing up for the booster had the previous two shots (if not using J&J)? Pull out their drives license? I call BS. You take out the CDC card with the appropriate information in order to the the vaccine. That CDC card is updated and given back.

I was also provided with a CDC web site that tracks your status referring to any effects from the vaccinations? I signed up and have been getting periodic requests for information as to any thing related to getting the vaccine. When I got my booster I was hit up by the site for a checkup for the second shot (a few months after). I entered the data that I had received a booster and I am getting periodic text messages asking about how I am doing.

Last week I had a cold - plain old simple cold - and reported that on the site. (Yes I did get a PCR test and it was negative) Two days after I reported it, I got a phone call (remember those?) from the CDC wanting to know what my symptoms were. I told them that it was a cold and not Covid-19 but I spoke with the person for several minutes.

So here is my question, did/are anyone of you using this CDC follow up to the vaccines? Or are you afraid?
11-07-2021, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #2149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I just think that it has gotten to the point where people are just so sick of it all that they are doing a bit of rebelling against it. If you are vaccinated then they are no threat to you so why worry? ...
Breakthrough infections
Infections in people who can't be vaccinated
Increased mutation and rapid spread of mutations, which vaccines might not defeat as well
Massive hospitalizations which limit care for anything else
Economic impact of (current average) 71,000 US cases/day

Now if the Pfizer and Merck pills work, get approved and get used by the rebels, the situation could improve. The pills would have to be widely available, and to be covered by insurance or government. That's a few months out at least, and assumes a hard core of ivermectin believers will just swap their crap for a new drug under an emergency use authority.

11-07-2021, 08:20 PM   #2150
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the point is that venues and work places want something simple to indicate the someone is lower risk (not no risk) for COVID infections.
Yes, here in Victoria (similar in population to Tennessee) we were lagging in vaccination rates, but a recent lengthy lockdown that peaked at 2200 daily cases spurred the population onto 93 percent of those aged twelve or over first dose, 84 percent fully vaccinated.

We're out of our houses and opened up economically, even though we're still 1200 cases daily, because the restrictions eased as vaccination targets were hit.

To get into a venue or work in several sectors, you now need to have proof of vaccination. This can be a printed certificate along with photo ID like a driver's license. The state's QR check-in app on our phones can display this too - your full name, date of birth, and date of second injection are clearly displayed. A real time clock is on the page to prevent people just holding up a screenshot of someone else's certificate or a Photoshop job.

93 percent is not 100 percent. I think Fox News in the States with Tucker Carlson has publicized anti-vaxxers here. Being injected is not compulsory for Australian citizens, but courts have upheld the right for employers to sack anyone in public contact jobs or ones where social distancing is not possible (construction or abattoir workers, for instance) who are not vaccinated.

30 police in Melbourne have been stood down, as they exercise their democratic right not to be jabbed, and in turn the government exercises its right to get rid of them as health risks to the voters and to their colleagues.
Attached Images

Last edited by clackers; 11-08-2021 at 01:58 PM.
11-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #2151
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
. . . I was also provided with a CDC web site that tracks your status referring to any effects from the vaccinations? I signed up and have been getting periodic requests for information as to any thing related to getting the vaccine. . . . So here is my question, did/are anyone of you using this CDC follow up to the vaccines? Or are you afraid?
I was not provided with the CDC card until my 3rd [ booster ] shot in October

prior to that my medical records reflected my first two shots, one in March and one in April

and those have been noted on the card

all of my vaccinations - Pfizer - have been provided by my wife's employer Stormont Vail Hospital here in Topeka

since I had no adverse side effects from any of the shots I have not registered with the site you refer to
11-07-2021, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #2152
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the point is that venues and work places want something simple to indicate the someone is lower risk (not no risk) for COVID infections. We know that people can get COVID a second time (obviously Aaron Rodgers did) and we know that people can get COVID after vaccination.

Antibody levels can be run, but that is a relatively expensive test and you would have to decide how often you had to run it and what level you would have to stay over in order to still be considered immune. Seems tough to do logistically, even if it could be done.
I don't disagree with anything you've said but it could be done.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The state's QR check-in app on our phones can display this too - your full name, date of birth, and date of second injection are clearly displayed. A real time clock is on the page to prevent people just holding up a screenshot of someone else's certificate or a Photoshop job.
And the app can now also be used by venue staff to scan a qr code on the vaccine 'certificate' displayed either when you check in (or displayed manually when asked) which will validate the 'certificate'.

A 'has antibodies' 'certificate' could be added to be used in the same way.

11-07-2021, 10:47 PM   #2153
PDL
Pentaxian

I was not provided with the CDC card until my 3rd [ booster ] shot in October

prior to that my medical records reflected my first two shots, one in March and one in April

and those have been noted on the card

all of my vaccinations - Pfizer - have been provided by my wife's employer Stormont Vail Hospital here in Topeka

since I had no adverse side effects from any of the shots I have not registered with the site you refer to
Whoosh!!
The site is used to track vaccine reactions and is not predicated on having side effects. It is a method of reporting effects IF THEY OCCUR.
The site pings you once a week for a month and then bi-weekly and monthly there after. It is an effort to track side effects.
11-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #2154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

112 children in Louden County Virginia given the wrong dose of COVID vaccine. There is no excuse for this other than negligence. The same kind that causes the deaths of between 250,000 and 350,000 people a year in the US. Why cannot the medical industry in the US put proper safety guards in place to prevent incidents like this? Obviously different colored caps on the bottles does not work. There is absolutely no excuse for this. This sort of stuff just gives ammunition to those who are against the COVID vaccines.

The only thing that does not make sense here is that the children were given the adult version and then it states that they were given lower doses than they needed, or is the dosage for children from 5-11 stronger than that given to people 12 and older?

Link to article.

Mom speaks out after daughter was given wrong COVID-19 vaccine at Virginia pharmacy
11-12-2021, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #2155
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Why cannot the medical industry in the US put proper safety guards in place to prevent incidents like this?
Mistakes cannot be prevented. People are involved and people make mistakes. Always have, always will. That doesn't excuse mistakes, it only explains them.

There is absolutely no excuse for this.
You are right. There is no excuse for this.
11-12-2021, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #2156
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

112 children in Louden County Virginia given the wrong dose of COVID vaccine. There is no excuse for this other than negligence. . . . Obviously different colored caps on the bottles does not work. . . .
apparently that does works for most providers since most children are receiving the correct age appropriate dosage of the vaccine

QuoteQuote:
There is absolutely no excuse for this. This sort of stuff just gives ammunition to those who are against the COVID vaccines.
I agree but as someone has said

" you can't fix stupid "

QuoteQuote:
The only thing that does not make sense here is that the children were given the adult version and then it states that they were given lower doses than they needed, or is the dosage for children from 5-11 stronger than that given to people 12 and older?
that is a puzzlement

QuoteQuote:
On November 5, state and federal authorities ordered the pharmacy to discontinue administering the vaccine, and VDH subsequently collected all COVID-19 vaccines at the pharmacy.

Officials instructed the pharmacy to notify parents about next steps, including the recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding whether patients should restart the vaccine series or receive a correct second dose.

VDH is also working to contact parents and ensure they understand the guidance on next steps.

VDH has not received any other reports of pharmacies or providers administering COVID-19 vaccines formulated for 12 years and older to children 5-11 years old.

VDH contacted other pharmacy partners with additional communication that outlined vaccine administration guidance. VDH also issued a letter to clinicians outlining information about this new vaccine formulation on Nov. 5, which was drafted prior to receiving this report
Virginia pharmacy incorrectly administered COVID-19 vaccine to children ages 5 to 11

on a personal note, I got the booster jab two Fridays ago in the late afternoon

so apparently I will be considered fully vaccinated as of tomorrow

note I said fully vaccinated, not 100 % immune

report as of Nov 12 at 06:31 PST

Shawnee County

no new cases or deaths Nov 11
confirmed cases 26177, confirmed deaths 471
7 day trend rising

Kansas

44 new cases, zero deaths Nov 11
confirmed cases 445902, confirmed deaths 6614
7 day trend rising

county case trends 53 rising 22 falling 30 flat

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-12-2021 at 08:05 AM.
11-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #2157
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

no stickers
Same here, no stickers. My Covid card simply has my name & birthdate. My 3 Pfizer shots simply had the provider fill in the date on the card. For the booster, they filled in date, and name of booster.
11-12-2021, 03:47 PM   #2158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colorado's governor says we are all in danger here so boosters for all (over 18, if your last dose was more than 6 months ago). I got mine today. I decided that vaccine side effects were a hoax so I expect to feel fine*.

The quoted article about the Virginia pharmacy used the word "vile" instead of "vial".

Edit: That might sound rude - I don't discount anyone's vaccine reactions, I was trying mind over matter for myself. It seemed to work.

Last edited by Just1MoreDave; 11-13-2021 at 10:02 AM.
11-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #2159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Colorado's governor says we are all in danger here so boosters for all (over 18, if your last dose was more than 6 months ago). I got mine today. I decided that vaccine side effects were a hoax so I expect to feel fine.

The quoted article about the Virginia pharmacy used the word "vile" instead of "vial".
Yes it was also wrong when it said the children were given a dose that was too small. Other articles on the same story say the under 12s should receive 10mg compared to 30mg for over 12s.

11-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #2160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was vaccinated at a CVS pharmacy, my only nearby local option.

Both times to check in they handed me an unfamiliar smartphone to input all of my information.
All the information on my card is handwritten in ballpoint pen. At least they didn't use a pencil.

Private industry is so much more trustworthy than the gu'mint...

Chris
Closed Thread