Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #2326
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the US has committed to giving 500 million doses to poorer nations, but that's just a drop in the bucket...
here is a recent press release

QuoteQuote:
Global leaders commit further support for global equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines and COVAX
23 September 2021 Joint News Release Geneva/New York/Oslo

Leaders pledge financing, dose donations, support for country readiness and delivery and scale up of global manufacturing, to enable equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines

To improve access for lower-income economies, the United States will contribute an additional 500 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to be delivered through COVAX, beginning in 2022, and Sweden will provide an additional SEK 2.1 billion (approximately US$243 million) through 2021 and 2022

New dose commitments from the European Union, including Italy and Spain, as well as Sweden, Denmark, and Japan mean further doses will be available to COVAX participants in 2021 and 2022
. . .

As the host of the Summit, the United States presented a target to vaccinate the world and as part of its commitment, pledged an additional 500 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to be delivered to low- and lower-middle-income countries through COVAX. These doses are in addition the deal for 500 million Pfizer doses facilitated by the United States, announced in June, and more than 90 million surplus doses shared through COVAX, bringing the US total doses to be provided through COVAX to nearly 1.1 billion doses. With deliveries of previously pledged doses underway, these additional doses will be made available beginning in January 2022. In addition, the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) will provide more than $383 million in political risk insurance to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (Gavi) to facilitate shipments around the world. . . .
Global leaders commit further support for global equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines and COVAX

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-28-2021 at 10:01 AM.
11-27-2021, 07:56 AM   #2327
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. .. "cat is out of the bag." . . .
similar to " shutting the barn door after the horse has left the barn "

especially those bans which don't take immediate effect [ the one in the US begins Monday ] and have exceptions [ the one in US does not bar US citizens nor " green card holders " ]

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-27-2021 at 09:25 AM.
11-27-2021, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #2328
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We have been more lenient in this thread regarding political comments but lately the conversation has been drifting too much into the politics of the issue. Please dial it back folks. I've edited a few posts and left it at that but if it continues there will be outright deletions and thread bans.
I think we need to heed the warning

p-o-l-i-t-i-c-s seems to be involved in recent posts about governments
11-27-2021, 12:37 PM   #2329
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

what are the purpose of the covid 19 vaccines

- prevent infection ? if so, appears that is not being accomplished 100 %

- prevent severe infections ?

from what I have read those who are being infected despite being vaccinated have less severe reaction to the virus

11-27-2021, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #2330
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Perhaps.

I would say we are learning more about vaccines like Sputnik V (works, but fades after 6 months), Sinopharm (doesn't seem very effective in people over 50 years old), and Sinovac (about 50 percent effective against infections in Brazil, but pretty effective at preventing severe infections). Obviously we are learning more about Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and Jannsen's vaccines as well. Those, while funded by various governments, were developed by private industry and their results are published in peer reviewed journals.

More data is a benefit to us all and helps steer wise decisions both now and going forward.
I think now it’s doesn’t matter how long vaccine work
We need vaccination as many as possible people across planet.
Later we can add boost
Now priority one created level global vaccination at list 65 -75%
Sputnik Sputnik ll Pfizer moderna
Or China vaccine
Just created belt
May be I hope across work less stubborn people to ready vaccinated Vs USA
My hospital weekly statistic
ICU 15non vaccinated :1 vac
On ventilator no vaccinated
General addition ratio vaccinated to none vaccinated 1:20
11-27-2021, 12:52 PM   #2331
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I convinced my mum to get booster shot. She was against, and know that I am not going to take another shot, but still took one.

She is 30 years older then me, so I think this was mandated precaution.
11-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #2332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my booster shot on Thursday Idiots who don't want the vax. Shame on you.

11-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #2333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But I am vaccinated, 2 shots of Astra Zeneca. I am just not going to take booster shot. May if there is vaccine for new variants.
11-27-2021, 01:25 PM - 2 Likes   #2334
Pentaxian

Pfizer booster yesterday. First two were the Oxford vaccine. Arm feels like I've been carrying around my K-1 and a set of the fat 50, an 85 and the 24-70, for a week! Still, better a sore arm for a few days than covid!
11-27-2021, 06:03 PM   #2335
Pentaxian

Got my vaccines in July and August, still waiting for booster campaign. it was Chinese sinovac/coronavac, no collateral effects to complain about, except for the fact that the vaccine is not recognized by European authorities. But hey, with the new variant at the gates who's going to travel anymore right, hahaha(crying...)
11-27-2021, 06:17 PM   #2336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had some injection site pain for a couple days after my third (booster) dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

Normally I fall asleep on my side and on the first night it was too uncomfortable to lay on that arm. Fortunately I have two sides.
Curiously I always wake up lying on my back...

Like any injection this may have been the result of inexperience or carelessless of the person who administered the vaccine.

Chris
11-27-2021, 06:48 PM   #2337
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
Got my vaccines in July and August, still waiting for booster campaign. it was Chinese sinovac/coronavac, no collateral effects to complain about, except for the fact that the vaccine is not recognized by European authorities. But hey, with the new variant at the gates who's going to travel anymore right, hahaha(crying...)
I know some people get Chinese Sinovac for the first 2 doses before the western versions are available in their county. Later on, the government test AstraZeneca as a booster of those get 2 shots of Sinovac earlier.
AstraZeneca seem to boost their antibody by a lot. They know it because they were in an early test groups, so they get to send in multiple blood sample for testing.
The Chinese Sinovac is definitely better than nothing. But if you can get a western's vaccine booster shot, go get one.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 11-27-2021 at 11:26 PM.
11-28-2021, 03:52 AM   #2338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I good remember test data Chinese vaccines are bad at preventing infection but really good at ensuring light curse of sickness.
11-28-2021, 09:18 AM - 4 Likes   #2339
Veteran Member

Don't worry folks, now that we've hit Omicron, there's not much further to go until Omega - at which point COVID is over
11-28-2021, 09:44 AM - 2 Likes   #2340
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Don't worry folks, now that we've hit Omicron,
The Omicron is evidence that the virus is doing exactly what is expected. It's mutating and weakening. By all accounts the symptoms are relatively mild.
South African doctor who raised alarm about omicron variant says symptoms are ?unusual but mild?
Closed Thread