Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2022, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #3121
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just remember, they're a front for the Falun Gong, a cult opposed to the Chinese government.
See? One can find good in just about anything?
Or, even a broken clock is right every so often.

01-07-2022, 01:10 PM   #3122
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I heard on the radio this morning that the US government will be sending testing kits to everyone soon.

Not sure about the logistics, or how they will know how many to send to each home.
01-07-2022, 01:25 PM - 4 Likes   #3123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I heard on the radio this morning that the US government will be sending testing kits to everyone soon.

Not sure about the logistics, or how they will know how many to send to each home.
And that, ladies and gentleman and other, is how the 5G rollout will be completed in the US.

01-07-2022, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #3124
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Based on the last several posts this thread has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Just sayin'.........

01-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #3125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Yeah, I saw that news story too. I will be completely recovered from whatever I caught in another day or so. If it's covid, I won't be catching it again for a long time or maybe ever. Do kits have a shelf life? I suppose it would be a good thing to have one. Just a few weeks ago they were saying those home test kits weren't any good and now all of a sudden they are to become the prefered test. You can't even buy one around here. One of our local convenience store chains got a delivery of a few thousand and they sold out in half a day.
01-07-2022, 04:46 PM   #3126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Yeah, I saw that news story too. I will be completely recovered from whatever I caught in another day or so. If it's covid, I won't be catching it again for a long time or maybe ever. Do kits have a shelf life? I suppose it would be a good thing to have one. Just a few weeks ago they were saying those home test kits weren't any good and now all of a sudden they are to become the prefered test. You can't even buy one around here. One of our local convenience store chains got a delivery of a few thousand and they sold out in half a day.
The kits have a pretty decent shelf life IIRC. They are basically for confirming that your cold is, in fact, covid, more than for catching it quickly, before it's symptomatic*... that requires a PCR. But PCRs are costly, can only be done in specialized labs, and take a fairly long time to be carried out.

*It can do that, but the sensitivity is low enough I wouldn't quite trust the results.
01-07-2022, 05:55 PM   #3127
Pentaxian

Novak Djokovic will be allowed play at the French Open even if unvaccinated - France's sports minister
Djokovic had been granted on the basis of a medical exemption ahead of the Australian Open in Melbourne has stirred furore, pitting those who say he should never have been offered entry against his supporters.

01-08-2022, 03:16 AM - 1 Like   #3128
Pentaxian

Apparently Tennis Australia sent a letter on 6th December wrongly stating a previous infection within 6 months was acceptable for a medical exemption. It is obviously purely coincidental that Djokovic managed to test positive by the 16th December

01-08-2022, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #3129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
. It is obviously purely coincidental that Djokovic managed to test positive by the 16th December
Eh, from the people I know in Serbia, the surprising thing would have been *not* testing positive - the wave is really rolling over the country.
01-08-2022, 03:47 AM   #3130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Apparently Tennis Australia sent a letter on 6th December wrongly stating a previous infection within 6 months was acceptable for a medical exemption. It is obviously purely coincidental that Djokovic managed to test positive by the 16th December
It sounds like there are two different protocols -- the Victoria authorities will accept proof of a COVID infection within six months, but the national authorities still require proof of vaccination or documentation of an actual contraindication to vaccination. Not sure how it will come out. Novak Djokovic contracted COVID-19 last month, lawyers say in court filings
01-08-2022, 04:15 AM   #3131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Eh, from the people I know in Serbia, the surprising thing would have been *not* testing positive - the wave is really rolling over the country.
After a large wave from September to November, December 16th only had 1300 cases and was close to a trough in the case numbers. I guess he was just lucky to get it a few days after the letter but early enough to get to the Australian Open.

01-08-2022, 06:09 AM   #3132
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
After a large wave from September to November, December 16th only had 1300 cases and was close to a trough in the case numbers. I guess he was just lucky to get it a few days after the letter but early enough to get to the Australian Open.
How convenient for him, eh?
01-08-2022, 06:16 AM   #3133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Yeah this was one of the things I hoped Covid would change for the better.

Fat chance, as it seems.
Has for my workplace if possible we are asked to work from home, and any sign of sickness stay home
Two years ago I couldn’t work from home even if I wanted to. Now it is encouraged
01-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #3134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what people there tell me, don't trust the numbers, they are underreporting. There are a handful of logistic reasons (testing capabilities, among others) and some other reasons that shall not be discussed.
01-08-2022, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #3135
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

latest from Kansas, including increase in number of deaths in my county attributable to covid 19

Kansas Jan 7, 2022 Covic 19 report
omicron variant cases have been found in the State including in my county

yesterday
15,972 new cases
7 day trend rising
33 new deaths

total cases 566192
total deaths 7,094

[ estimated population in Kansas' largest city - Wichita - 397,532 according to 2020 census ]

7 day trend:
96 counties rising
0 counties falling
9 counties flat

Shawnee County [ where I live ]
1,061 new cases
7 day trend rising
16 new deaths - first increase in months

total cases 64,063
total deaths 494

QuoteQuote:
Shawnee County, Kansas Population 2021
Shawnee County, Kansas's estimated population is 176,045 . . . according to the most recent United States census data. Shawnee County, Kansas is the 4th largest county in Kansas. . . .
https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-counties/ks/shawnee-county-population

local hospitals not accepting transfers and are cutting out non critical surgeries

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-08-2022 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread