Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3152 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2022, 11:41 PM   #3271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
My own professional experience best and almost comfortable mask Aura 9205 N95 NIOSH distributed by 3M one size
I use every day 12 hr work very well strip go over head and no irritated ear
If doesn't wait free mask go to Home depot they have this mask
Not all Home Depot stores carry this one. Ours carries the 3M 8511 mask and a couple of models by Milwaukee tools. The wife had to order some online.

01-19-2022, 11:42 PM   #3272
Pentaxian

Healing positive vibes heading to Kansas, Allen!
01-20-2022, 02:18 AM   #3273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
thanks for all the best wishes but no joy

just got notified of positive test covid 19

actually, not feeling too bad

the bright side

twice vaccinated with Pfizer

boosted with Pfizer

and now antibodies ( presumably ) from infection

I'm set all right
With three doses, I'm fairly sure you'll be over it in a jiffy, Allen. Best wishes!
01-20-2022, 02:23 AM   #3274
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

the bright side

boosted with Pfizer

I'm set all right
Good luck Allen!

01-20-2022, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #3275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

the bright side

boosted with Pfizer

I'm set all right
A year ago I’d have been worried for you, but now I just hope you’re over it quickly. What a difference a year and vaccines make!
01-20-2022, 04:41 AM   #3276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I think most anti-Vaxers - and this includes athletes - equate resistance to disease with physical strength.
I think this is a major part of the problem, either physical fitness or diet. I remember last year reading about someone in the UK who was super-fit so thought himself safe. Covid killed him in less than two weeks. Another recent case in France of some famous twins who were TV presenters thought their immune systems were superior so didn't vaccinate. Covid got both of them within a week of one another.

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally - BBC News

A sad story or more Darwin Award fodder?

I can’t decide,hopefully it will encourage more people to get vaccinated and not gamble with their health.
Yeah, I read this. A sad story, especially for the father and son, but they did all they could.

I don't think people who think like this will ever get it through their heads that covid is not the common cold.

the bright side

boosted with Pfizer

I'm set all right
Don't worry - you're vaccinated and boosted so extremely unlikely to experience any serious problems. I wish you all the best.
01-20-2022, 04:53 AM   #3277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the best wishes to people who stay inside for everyone's benefit. I've done all three doses and try to be as careful as possible... Stay safe. We will be getting out of it soon.

01-20-2022, 05:27 AM - 2 Likes   #3278
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

once again, thanks to all who have expressed concern and good wishes

if you feel like you have a cold get tested

QuoteQuote:
. . . The common cold is a viral infection of your upper respiratory tract — your nose and throat — according to the Mayo Clinic. Someone with a cold may experience a runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, cough and body aches.

COVID-19 is also a respiratory virus, and someone who is infected will experience similar symptoms. In some cases gastrointestinal symptoms, like diarrhea and nausea, can also overlap between the coronavirus and the cold.

The one symptom you can experience with COVID-19 and not with influenza is loss of smell. However, many people with the coronavirus don’t lose their sense of smell and Barrett says it’s not a “useful tool to differentiate between the two.”

With both infections giving off similar effects, self-diagnosing is not a safe option . . . .
https://news.yahoo.com/omicron-symptoms-common-cold-delta-143546985.html

_________

not feeling too special today, I'm one of almost 3,000 new cases locally:

Kansas Jan 19, 2022 Covic 19 report

38,804 new cases
7 day trend rising
130 new deaths

total cases 650,559
total deaths 7,293

[ estimated population in Kansas' largest city - Wichita - 397,532 according to 2020 census ]

7 day trend:
102 counties rising
1 county falling
2 counties flat

Shawnee County [ where I live ]
2,961 new cases - I'm one of those
7 day trend rising
12 new deaths

total cases 40,558
total deaths 506

estimated population for Shawnee County: 178,909

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shawnee-co-one-of-14-kansas-counties-with-...020/ar-AANqofO

my personal report, still feeling like recovery from bad cold, throat is sore but much better than yesterday or day before, some sneezing

problem is notifying those I saw, health professionals, one restaurant, and a barber who was masked

I feel guilty although as much as possible I was masked and not in close contact except when absolutely necessary

my wife is a health care professional ( administrative ) at the major hospital and is getting testing done today asap and will work from home until cleared

we had to cancel 65th birthday visit with son and daughter in law this weekend

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-20-2022 at 08:27 AM.
01-20-2022, 08:05 AM - 2 Likes   #3279
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Wife tested negative
01-20-2022, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #3280
Pentaxian

Good to hear. The good thing being, once you're through it, you are better protected than anyone else.
We've had a couple of suspected infections, but they turned out to be nothing out of the ordinary.
01-20-2022, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #3281
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Good to hear. The good thing being, once you're through it, you are better protected than anyone else.
We've had a couple of suspected infections, but they turned out to be nothing out of the ordinary.
thanks

not certain but most likely omicron

not delta thank my lucky stars
01-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #3282
Veteran Member

the bright side

boosted with Pfizer

I'm set all right
Wishing you just a mild case and a full recovery Allen , you definitely have done all the right things
01-20-2022, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #3283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Placebo effect the true cause of many reported COVID-19 vaccine side effects: Study

Many continue to worry about experiencing side effects from vaccines -- especially the COVID-19 vaccines -- but new data from a comprehensive meta-analysis suggests there is little to fear.

The study from Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center found that a large number of side effects reported by patients after receiving their shot can be attributed to the placebo effect.
Researchers examined 12 vaccine safety trials, involving thousands of people, and compared rates of side effects reported between those who received a placebo shot and those who received a real shot. They found that after the first shot, two-thirds of people experienced side effects like headache and fatigue, which the researchers said were attributable to the placebo effect. Shockingly, nearly a quarter of the people -- some who received the placebo shot -- experienced side effects like a sore arm, also attributable to the placebo effect.

Many COVID-19 vaccine side effects caused by placebo effect: Study - ABC News
01-20-2022, 01:36 PM - 2 Likes   #3284
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Shockingly, nearly a quarter of the people -- some who received the placebo shot -- experienced side effects like a sore arm, also attributable to the placebo effect."

That seems like a strange statement to me. If someone jabs a needle in your arm and injects something, placebo or vaccine, I would expect to have a sore arm. I would be shocked if I didn't.I would consider a sore arm to be a (real) side effect of the shot not what was in it.

Over the last couple of years I've gotten a flu shot, a TDAP shot and three covid shots (Moderna). At least a mildly sore arm every time which I would not attribute to the placebo effect.

As far as the covid shots went (and putting aside a sore which I don't really consider a side effect). I had no reaction to the first shot. After the second shot I had a slightly elevated temperature and mild flu(like) symptoms that were gone after 24 hours. Same with the booster shot but not as bad as the second shot. My wife's experience was similar but with slightly worse flu(like) symptoms.
01-20-2022, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #3285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
"Shockingly, nearly a quarter of the people -- some who received the placebo shot -- experienced side effects like a sore arm, also attributable to the placebo effect."

That seems like a strange statement to me. If someone jabs a needle in your arm and injects something, placebo or vaccine, I would expect to have a sore arm. I would be shocked if I didn't.I would consider a sore arm to be a (real) side effect of the shot not what was in it.

Over the last couple of years I've gotten a flu shot, a TDAP shot and three covid shots (Moderna). At least a mildly sore arm every time which I would not attribute to the placebo effect.

As far as the covid shots went (and putting aside a sore which I don't really consider a side effect). I had no reaction to the first shot. After the second shot I had a slightly elevated temperature and mild flu(like) symptoms that were gone after 24 hours. Same with the booster shot but not as bad as the second shot. My wife's experience was similar but with slightly worse flu(like) symptoms.
Exactly, it is hardly shocking if someone has a sore arm after an injection. Although I didn't have a sore arm after either Astra Zeneca jab or flu jab but did after Pfizer booster.

Closed Thread