Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2020, 03:04 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have never been compelled to entrust the health of my coatings to something as abrasive as a lenspen. Damaged the coating of an MD Rokkor 28 mm F2.8 by applying too much pressure or using an imperfect lens cleaning chamois on receiving it as a Christmas present back when I was a teenager. Cosmetic and minor as the actual damage was, that experience still left a lasting impression to say the least and taught me to be super-sensitive when dealing with delicate lens surfaces. Modern SP Coating has certainly made life easier, but I never try to push my luck anymore.

Haven't used anything apart from meticulously-clean power blowers, microfiber cloths, sensor brushes, and the occasional drop of water (applied to the cloth) for many years and never had any issue.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 12-26-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Precision.
12-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Have never been compelled to entrust the health of my coatings to something as abrasive as a lenspen. Damaged the coating of an MD Rokkor 28 mm F2.8 by applying too much pressure or using an imperfect lens cleaning chamois on receiving it as a Christmas present back when I was a teenager. Cosmetic and minor as the actual damage was, that experience still left a lasting impression to say the least and taught me to be super-sensitive when dealing with delicate lens surfaces. Modern SP Coating has certainly made life easier, but I never try to push my luck anymore.

Haven't used anything apart from meticulously-clean power blowers, microfiber cloths, sensor brushes, and the occasional drop of water (applied to the cloth) for many years and never had any issue.
Sounds like good sound advice. Thanks for sharing your experience.