Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Henry's.com service?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just wondering how the customer service is and shipping times with this company. Henrys ebay. Shipping to US.
I see a few follks buy from prodigital2000 and complain about the CS and shipping. How do they compare? The one on ebay.
I called their retail store yesterday to try to get some informtion and was told the ebay store was a different department and I needed to call them. I don't see phone number for that store.
Thanks all

11-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They have a pretty good rating on Resellers.com but not as high as BH or even Adorama.

Henry's - henrys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Last edited by Blue; 11-14-2008 at 10:29 AM.
11-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Henry's is a "Brick and Mortar" store in Canada HQ in Toronto; Prodigital is strictly an online outfit, that said don't expect Henry's to mark anything "gift" or otherwise and you'll have your local taxes added at the border via courier ...ship times should be the same depending on inventory of each respective company and both will be at the mercy of border customs.

Perhaps you should find something within the USA and eliminate custom's added costs and varied clearing for ship times.

QuoteQuote:
These values include shipping, handling and insurance. Any local taxes, duty or brokerage are your responsibility.
source:http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/henrys/infoframes.jsp?dest=shipping.htm

Last edited by Clicker; 11-14-2008 at 03:45 PM.
11-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Henry's is a "Brick and Mortar" store in Canada HQ in Toronto; Prodigital is strictly an online outfit, that said don't expect Henry's to mark anything "gift" or otherwise and you'll have your local taxes added at the border via courier ...ship times should be the same depending on inventory of each respective company and both will be at the mercy of border customs.

Perhaps you should find something within the USA and eliminate custom's added costs and varied clearing for ship times.
I haven't had customs added to camera equipment and as per NAFTA there shouldn't be since there are no 35mm camera manufacturers in N.A.

That's just a disclaimer. It doesn't mean there will be. For example, Florida only collects sales tax on internet sales that occur within FL including fleabay, but not outside of Florida. Due to NAFTA, no duties. I have had shipments by Canadian Post and UPS.

Last edited by Blue; 11-14-2008 at 04:52 PM.
11-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I received good shipping and communications from them on ebay items, but I can't say how they are on customer service if you have to return something.
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
BPT
Veteran Member

I dealt with Henry's ebay store in the past. I purchased a Canon S3 off of them which turned out to have several hot pixels. I emailed them and told the problem and they were very quick in their response. They had me send it back and when they received it they immediately refunded my money no questions asked.

Their descriptions of the good was bang on (minus the hot pixel problem) and they resolved the problem for me right away. I am in Canada so I cant speak for their shipping to the US, shipping to me was fast however
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have won several Henry's eBay auctions. All items have been exactly as described.
Shipping to New York via Canada Post always took less than ten business days.

Chris

11-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good to know guys, I ordered just after I started thread.
I couldn't wait
I did see that they have 99.9% + feedback so they have to be doing something right.

As far as the custom thing goes from what I understand is, shippng USPS is suppose to bypass all that. But I don't know.

Last edited by OrenMc; 11-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.
11-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Henry's is a "Brick and Mortar" store in Canada HQ in Toronto; Prodigital is strictly an online outfit,
For clarity, prodigitial is the internet arm of Carmen's Fotosource in Stratford. The structure is similar to Henry's/Henrys.com but the branding is different. Dave
11-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davef Quote
For clarity, prodigitial is the internet arm of Carmen's Fotosource in Stratford. The structure is similar to Henry's/Henrys.com but the branding is different. Dave

I just learnt something, thanks.
11-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is a pretty darn good deal isn't it? I want to ask, Why?
SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm f1.8 LTD LENS/BLACK/K20D/K200D/NEW - (eBay.ca item 250324810346 end time 14-Nov-08 09:20:30 EST)
11-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Its hard to find the FA 77 ltd for that price used!

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Good to know guys, I ordered just after I started thread.
I could't wait
I did see that they have 99.9% + feedback so they have to be doing something right.

As far as the custom thing goes from what I understand is, shippng USPS is suppose to bypass all that. But I don't know.
I received UPS shipment from Prodigital2000 as has several other people and no custom issues. There shouldn't be anyway because it is camera equipment and exempt under NAFTA.
11-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Blue,
I was hoping the microsoft cashback would apply but it goes through a third party check out which nullifies it. That would have meant $400. But its still a sweet deal.
11-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davef Quote
I was going to point that out - actualy it's Carmans Carman's foto source

As for Henry's their telephone service needed to be improved when I dealt with them - if I remember correctly it was an 800 number, fortunately for me.
11-15-2008, 04:58 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I have bought several items from Henry's over the last few years. I just live an hour up the road from Toronto. I can't speak for international shipments but Henry's service has always been prompt and items have been very well packaged.

Tom G