Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #1

Pentax Moments provocing Rednecks

Just how red are the rednecks, how hick are the hill billies. Avoid making a statement in Alabama...
it might get you killed.

Don't you just love the deep south america?

11-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, good first post to a photography forum.

Hope you're not naive enough to think that's a documentary.
11-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
racinsince55

Your first post here.

Very enlightening.
11-17-2008, 05:11 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
You got to love those Top Gear boys,top moment on last nights show?......V8 powered food blender.

11-17-2008, 05:15 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by vespa Quote
You got to love those Top Gear boys,top moment on last nights show?......V8 powered food blender.
lol..cant believe they even tasted it..!! Beef n brick smoothie from a V8 blender..:-))

Cheers
Nish
11-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Speechless...
11-17-2008, 05:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jdirekt Quote
Just how red are the rednecks, how hick are the hill billies. Avoid making a statement in Alabama...

Don't you just love the deep south america?
As a native, yes, I do.

The video and your post say far more about the smarmy asses in the video and yourself than they do about the residents of Alabama, but I'm not surprised you fail to see that.

Your English composition skills look like they were honed in the Alabama public school system, so I would imagine you would feel right at home there.

Openly antagonize people in order to provoke a reaction....and then act surprised when they get one. You know, it isn't as though one could not through locale appropriate stimuli provoke similar (or worse) reactions in practically any populated place on the planet.

Perhaps next they'll do a piece showing what a genteel bunch of people English soccer/football hooligans are under similar provocation. But since that wouldn't serve the purpose of providing cheap guffaws and puffing up their own already overinflated opinions of themselves at the expense of others I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 11-17-2008 at 07:08 AM.
11-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guess you said what I was thinking Mike. The old saying "Glass houses" comes to mind.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 11-17-2008 at 09:02 AM.
11-17-2008, 06:38 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Maybe you think you are being funny or maybe you are trying to provoke an argument here - neither of which seems to be a good first post to this forum. If you are serious about joining this forum I would suggest you start all over. If you are just trolling, I would suggest you crawl back under the rock you came from.
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Yes, obviously they got what they were looking for, and also obviously you could get angry reactions with similarly targeted provocations almost anywhere (though honestly it's hard to imagine a posse of lawyers and soccer moms from Newton, Mass. chasing after a group of hicks with "Huckabee for Prez" and "Liberalz suck" stenciled on their pickups).

Still, I have a small "Darwin" fish on my car, which causes no stir here in Rochester, and it's hardly more a provocation than Christian fishes are. A few months back I was driving on the highway near Cincinnati when a pick-up drove up next to me and a couple fools starting hurling insults at me because I was an "atheist". Thankfully, after a mile or so I saw a crusier and started slowing down, and they went on. Not sure what could have happened if we had been on a country road. The South can be a great place, but open-mindedness is not the first quality that comes to mind about many of its inhabitants.
11-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

It is light hearted fun, it is not meant to be accurate, it is not meant to insult, it is quite funny, stop arguing.
11-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
As a native, yes, I do.

The video and your post say far more about the smarmy asses in the video and yourself than they do about the residents of Alabama, but I'm not surprised you fail to see that.

Your English composition skills look like they were honed in the Alabama public school system, so I would imagine you would feel right at home there.

Openly antagonize people in order to provoke a reaction....and then act surprised when they get one. You know, it isn't as though one could not through locale appropriate stimuli provoke similar (or worse) reactions in practically any populated place on the planet.

Perhaps next they'll do a piece showing what a genteel bunch of people English soccer/football hooligans are under similar provocation. But since that wouldn't serve the purpose of providing cheap guffaws and puffing up their own already overinflated opinions of themselves at the expense of others I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

It's a good thing they (the Top Gear Team) didn't 'actually' harm anyone, I couldn't even imagine the outcome Sense of humour doesn't always travel well, they sure hit a few raw nerves, hmmmmmm, I wonder why

Mick
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
It is light hearted fun, it is not meant to be accurate, it is not meant to insult, it is quite funny, stop arguing.
Southern Whites are the last group in America toward whom it is still considered politically correct to behave in such a manner. Substitute any other identifiable group and people would be up in arms over such boorishness.

And "it is not meant to insult" is never an adequate defense of boorishness. Once again, Southern Whites are the only group against whom such a defense is considered effective. Use that excuse when defending regarding behavior toward any other group and you will roundly and correctly be informed that the party which gets to determine whether behavior is insulting or offensive is the aggrieved party.

I demand my ethnic minority status and the social protections which appertain thereto.
11-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
Banned

****ing hell....
11-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #15

I suspect they'd have been more secure remaining in their own element, like cruising San Francisco bath houses rather than Alabama back roads.