Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2021, 12:42 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Origin of Covid virus.

I was looking at some photos I took a couple of summers ago in my backyard on Long Island, NY. I was horrified to see the virus growing on our dogwood tree proving the virus originated on Long Island, not Wuhan. Please do not talk about this until I have had the tree vaccinated. I was using my Kx with a Tampon 18-300 mm lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Last edited by psoo; 02-07-2021 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added camera/lens info.
02-07-2021, 02:23 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

At first, I thought it was a variant of bird flu - and they couldn't spell 'Corvid'.

Whichever, I am not intending to use a FLU card.
02-07-2021, 03:45 PM - 4 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by psoo Quote
I was looking at some photos I took a couple of summers ago in my backyard on Long Island, NY. I was horrified to see the virus growing on our dogwood tree proving the virus originated on Long Island, not Wuhan. Please do not talk about this until I have had the tree vaccinated. I was using my Kx with a Tampon 18-300 mm lens.
A "a Tampon 18-300 mm lens"? I think you're trying to string us along with a story like that.
02-07-2021, 04:07 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
with a Tampon 18-300 mm
Really good seals and gaskets on that lens!

02-07-2021, 04:15 PM - 4 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Someone's got to say it :

Must be for use in a monthly challenge !
02-07-2021, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #6
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... don't get it wet....
02-07-2021, 04:40 PM - 5 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
At first, I thought it was a variant of bird flu - and they couldn't spell 'Corvid'.

Whichever, I am not intending to use a FLU card.

02-07-2021, 05:15 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tampons are not weather sealed.
They are therefore not immune to COVID.
02-07-2021, 05:37 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
A "a Tampon 18-300 mm lens"? I think you're trying to string us along with a story like that.
A thousand apologies. I meant Tamron. The auto spell check thought I had something else on my mind.
02-07-2021, 08:29 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

A thousand apologies. I meant Tamron. The auto spell check thought I had something else on my mind.
That was the best part of the thread so far.
02-08-2021, 03:41 AM   #11
dlhawes

That first picture, especially, made me think, "What if the newsfaces pick that story up and run with it, not understanding the humorous import." I bet they could be fooled. And, by the way, what world-domination-conspiracy group could be behind it on Lawngeyeland, anyway, if not the CCP/PLA?
02-08-2021, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Mods - please remove this if necessary

At least they didn't say it was a Tampax camera with a fecal plane shutter - both of which I have seen in small ads. Actually, 'shutter' was mis-spelt as well, but 'I' couldn't put that.
02-08-2021, 07:49 AM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
That first picture, especially, made me think, "What if the newsfaces pick that story up and run with it, not understanding the humorous import." I bet they could be fooled. And, by the way, what world-domination-conspiracy group could be behind it on Lawngeyeland, anyway, if not the CCP/PLA?
It's amazing how the press can influence people. I remember in the 1950's, when I was growing up in England, the BBC news on TV showed photos of people in Italy harvesting spaghetti from trees. The long strands of the pasta were draped over the tree branches and they were being removed and placed in baskets. At that time, the Brits were not into spaghetti and thought the story was genuine. The news article was on April Fools Day but few people realized they were being fooled. Some viewers contacted the BBC to ask where they could buy spaghetti trees. Another case in the US was a radio show hosted by Orson Welles in the 1930's that reported the landing of Martians in New Jersey and their advancement towards New York. It caused panic in some listeners. So let's keep my photos within the Pentax Forum. We don't want to scare anybody.
02-09-2021, 06:20 AM   #14
dlhawes

It's amazing how the press can influence people. I remember in the 1950's, when I was growing up in England, the BBC news on TV showed photos of people in Italy harvesting spaghetti from trees. The long strands of the pasta were draped over the tree branches and they were being removed and placed in baskets. At that time, the Brits were not into spaghetti and thought the story was genuine. The news article was on April Fools Day but few people realized they were being fooled. Some viewers contacted the BBC to ask where they could buy spaghetti trees. Another case in the US was a radio show hosted by Orson Welles in the 1930's that reported the landing of Martians in New Jersey and their advancement towards New York. It caused panic in some listeners. So let's keep my photos within the Pentax Forum. We don't want to scare anybody.
I remember that spaghetti thing - same reaction over here (Washington DC area); and the subsequent explanation that they'd been drying the noodles by hanging them in the open air on tree branches.
02-09-2021, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
I remember that spaghetti thing - same reaction over here (Washington DC area); and the subsequent explanation that they'd been drying the noodles by hanging them in the open air on tree branches.
Yes, it was quite a joke, which we and many others remember so well. Other catastrophic events, like the Covid pandemic, will be completely forgotten in a couple of years, like the Spanish flu. I suppose our brains tend to store happy memories while bad ones are expunged as completely as possible.