Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2021, 06:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Hopefully Raise A Smile

You may not be aware but in Scotland all our Snowplow/Gritters have names...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...wW3XG7jv11-4w7

02-13-2021, 06:26 AM   #2

I like that!
If we would of do that in Quebec province, we will surly run out of names.
But the tracking would be convenient (no matter if they had a name or not)
Thanks for posting.
02-13-2021, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Why isn’t there one called Ploughie McPloughface??!!
02-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mhoule418 Quote

I like that! If we would of do that in Quebec province, we will surly run out of names. But the tracking would be convenient (no matter if they had a name or not) Thanks for posting.
I'm sure with a little thought there would be many more playful names, especially suited to the Canadian style.

02-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Why isn’t there one called Ploughie McPloughface??!!
Who knows perhaps one day there will be... when we get new or more trucks.
02-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Love it. According to local sources, it was deemed too dangerous for gritters to come out in Norfolk this week, in view of the road conditions. Since there has been no evidence of their presence, I can believe it.
02-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

‘Blizzard Beater’ and ‘Salt City Express’ among winners for Syracuse Snow Plow Naming contest | WSYR

This is just the City of Syracuse plows. I don't know if the state, county, town, or village plows have names...

02-13-2021, 08:45 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is brilliant. And I love that you can track your favourite gritter. I wish we had a need for road gritters - absolutely no chance today
02-14-2021, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Love it.
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
According to local sources, it was deemed too dangerous for gritters to come out in Norfolk this week, in view of the road conditions.
Obviously keeping them back for special occasions then... like once the ice and snows gone.
02-14-2021, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
‘Blizzard Beater’ and ‘Salt City Express’ among winners for Syracuse Snow Plow Naming contest | WSYR

This is just the City of Syracuse plows. I don't know if the state, county, town, or village plows have names...
This should become a Worldwide thing... making people smile.
02-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
That is brilliant.
Thanks.

And I love that you can track your favourite gritter.
Well it keeps us all amused... we do the same for Santa too.

I wish we had a need for road gritters - absolutely no chance today
Aye just wait your time... allegedly global warming is playing havoc with climatic conditions.
02-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mhoule418 Quote

I like that!
If we would of do that in Quebec province, we will surly run out of names.
But the tracking would be convenient (no matter if they had a name or not)
Thanks for posting.
I was thinking the same thing about where I live just south of the border in NY but I really like the idea. Our little village alone has several plow trucks of different sizes and a large snowblower for downtown that fills up a dump truck in quick work. It's nice to put humorous names on an unpleasant task.
02-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I was thinking the same thing about where I live just south of the border in NY but I really like the idea. Our little village alone has several plow trucks of different sizes and a large snowblower for downtown that fills up a dump truck in quick work. It's nice to put humorous names on an unpleasant task.
Aye your ought to get going working on the "powers that be"... citing the Scottish model as an example a little fun in these troubled times.

It could part of a some public competition, winner gets the honour of the naming and cuts the ribbon at the launch of the freshly signed up truck.

The kids here all love it here and all have their own favourite trucks... that always look out for them when they go by.