Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photo stores / clubs near Lemoore / Hanford / Fresno, CA?

I'll be spending a good part of the year in Lemoore / Hanford, California in 2009 and was wondering what there is in the way of local clubs or stores out that way?

Also, are there any "superstore" type places in LA / San Fransisco or similar where you can go in, and try just about every lens currently available? Or any shops that have a lot of Pentax lenses always in stock? Trying to find a shop here in Australia that isn't full of Canon, Nikon and nothing else is hard....

11-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think there is any strong Pentax dealer around here either but there are a few mom and pop shop that is worth dropping in.

About 2 1/2 hours away they have Samy's camera in Los Angeles, they have a few of them there.
I've been there a few times but this was about 4 years ago so I don't know how there pentax selections are right now.
Digital and Film Photography and Consumer Electronics | samys.com

In San Francisco they have Calumet. I never been there even though I lived about 90 minutes away from them. I may go there tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.
Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Photography Equipment - CALUMET

In San Jose they have San Jose Camera. I was there just a few weeks ago. I bought a Silk tripod from them at a really good price, about $30 cheaper then bhphoto, the mega store in NYC. They had some a few zoom DA lens in stock but no DA* lens in stock. I believe they are a "Sony" camera store since they had more Sony then the Canon or Nikon on display. But check them on your way to San Francisco it is the same way, just a slight detour.
http://www.sanjosecamera.com/