Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2021, 04:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sony Refuses Refund

Another reason to avoid Sony on principle :

Sony Won't Back Down On $1,400 In Charges Made To Grandmother's Credit Card - Slashdot

Sony have been asked to disable the games the boy downloaded and give a refund; they could do that, but they won't. Sony's attitude is described as "Too bad too sad". A megacorp ruining someone's life, they are are as bad as the phone scammers.

03-21-2021, 04:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I always remove my credit card information after purchasing things online.
03-21-2021, 05:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Another reason to avoid Sony on principle :

Sony Won't Back Down On $1,400 In Charges Made To Grandmother's Credit Card - Slashdot

Sony have been asked to disable the games the boy downloaded and give a refund; they could do that, but they won't. Sony's attitude is described as "Too bad too sad". A megacorp ruining someone's life, they are are as bad as the phone scammers.
Apple has done the same when kids have charged up that much or more on in-app game purchases on a parent's card. There was one recently totaling over $15,000 charged by one kid over a couple a couple of months.

App Store games can be evil havens and neither Apple nor Google should allow those overpriced in-app game purchases IMHO. I guess since they each profit with 30% of the take it's not a priority. Games make up the vast majority of the revenue the two companies get from app sales so don't interfere with a good thing, right?
My 7yo made a $99 in-app purchase and Apple is refusing a refund! – Luke Berndt

Linking credit cards to your user accounts without requiring every single purchase to be approved with password/key is a hugely bad idea when there's kid's in the house. I myself lost over $400 to in-app purchases because I trusted one of my children to only spend the $40 gift card amount he had. First and last time.

Last edited by gatorguy; 03-21-2021 at 05:18 AM.
03-21-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Linking credit cards to your user accounts without requiring every single purchase to be approved with password/key is a hugely bad idea when there's kid's in the house.
The marketing people call it "frictionless" purchasing. It is one thing having an account with a builders merchant like that, but it should be made illegal for consumer on-line retail, especially with children's games. This story a common occurance, but the megacorps are naturally happy with the way it is.