Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What wallets are you using?

an essential everyday carry thing that stays in your back pocket? How are you liking em? How often do you change your wallets?

as someone who is growing more and more minimalistic as I age, I didn't realize i 'needed' this till i saw one:

small, compact, light weight, can carry it in my front pocket if i choose, and its metal, thus it wont wear/tear after a few years.

I have been avoiding leather wallets for last decade or so (perhaps for animal cruelty and not supporting leather use?), and have been opting out for using cloth/canvas/similar type of materials.

I recently came across this, and since it has a small coin pocket for me to carry my guitar picks in, i had to place the order. Not sure how it will feel, so waiting on the order to come my way.

lets see what you're carrying these days?

04-19-2021, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I'm still using a wallet I picked up in a thrift store probably around 10 years ago. It's a simple wallet that folds in half with a zipper all round. Several slots inside to keep my all my various IDs/licenses/bank cards separate and quick to grap - a slot the whole length for bills and another small interior zipper for coins. It also has a small elastic loop in the fold line where I keep a spare folding pen. Pretty much the opposite spectrum of yours, large and bulky do it all rather than a minimalist slim thing - never thought to use another one as it works for me.

A small point as to wall you mentioned there "thing that stays in your back pocket": I keep my wallet, and everything else, in front pockets. If you something in your back pocket, and then sit on it throughout the time, you force your pelvis, and then you spine out of place. This messing things up like that can cause back pain among other things, which I generally like to avoid...
04-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I carry a Duluth Trading smallet...

slightly bigger than a credit card, with room for ID and about ten other cards....
04-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Mine is a £2.50 leather one from Roy's (Norfolk multi-store) - holds cash (when I have some !), membership cards, OAP buss pass (sic), debit card, postage stamps etc. They usually last about three years before wearing out. Coins I keep in a separate leather container in the pocket in the front of my jeans. No security chains on either - if people get that close, they regret it.

04-19-2021, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine is a Filson tin cloth that is, after 6 years, starting to show some wear.
04-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darn! I thought this might be a thread about filter wallets...

Chris
04-19-2021, 05:23 PM   #7

I went from a leather tri-fold, to an Aluma-wallet clamshell to, well no wallet as such.
I bought a folding phone case with slots for cards and ID's, with a pocket for folding money and papers like my auto insurance and Social Security Card.
I have also moved most of my club cards to Gpay. That cleaned a lot of cr...ud out of my wallet.
At this point, I wouldn't go back to carrying a regular wallet.

Kirk B.

---------- Post added 04-19-21 at 05:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
It was what I was expecting, too, lol.

Kirk B.

04-19-2021, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I buy whatever wallet I like when I'm at Marshall's and replace them only when they break. I never place my wallet in the back pockets, that just makes life easier for pick-pocketers.

Last edited by Mbaez; 04-21-2021 at 05:36 AM.
04-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been using the same Rolfs bifold for about 30 years.
04-20-2021, 05:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
funnily enough, i found a round coin wallet that fit PERFECTLY around my 87mm filter. Then found a smaller one to fit my 77mm filter. found them at the local dollar store. check to see what else you may find there?

---------- Post added 04-20-21 at 05:59 AM ----------

and for what its worth, when i travel, i make it a point to keep my wallet in my front pocket, for security purposes. Though my wallets usually aren't super big, thus they dont make me sit awkwardly in my everyday life either.
04-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I used to carry traditional leather wallets with room for coins, cards and notes. They used to wear out in a couple of years and I always had to find one which fits in my front jeans pocket where I like to carry it. A few months ago I decided to let coins go and bought a tiny RFID shielded one with room for cards and notes only. So far it has been very good and I have not really missed having to carry coins.

EXENTRI WALLET - EXENTRI
04-20-2021, 09:08 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I have a Eddie Bauer wallet. Think it is made of some kind of ballistic nylon. I've had it since the 90's. Very old, shows little sign of wear, does the job well.
04-21-2021, 07:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I have a Eddie Bauer wallet. Think it is made of some kind of ballistic nylon. I've had it since the 90's. Very old, shows little sign of wear, does the job well.
I could be wrong, but i believe they use parachute material. Very study indeed.
04-21-2021, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
I could be wrong, but i believe they use parachute material. Very study indeed.
You could be right. I don't know material very well.
04-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Some random leather wallet from hot topic I got 15 years ago as a young teen.