Why do you say that, she's quite lucky?
She talks alot....

04-30-2021, 05:32 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
She talks alot....
That wouldn't matter for these giveaways. Once you make the 6 qualifying posts, you go make an entry in the contest thread. 6 posts a day, or 600, doesn't matter in terms of odds of winning.
04-30-2021, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #33
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
That wouldn't matter for these giveaways. Once you make the 6 qualifying posts, you go make an entry in the contest thread. 6 posts a day, or 600, doesn't matter in terms of odds of winning.

IMHO that is one of the improvements the forums has made over the course of these contests
04-30-2021, 06:48 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

oh , squeaky gate squeaky gate , if you know what I mean....
that would be a number one in the new day

05-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #35

Yah, gonna be a hard day to reach the six post quota
05-03-2021, 07:08 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Bump.
05-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

that must be my 4th

Glory, Glory halleluhja
Glory, Glory halleluhja
Glory, Glory halleluhja

how many more days to go?

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 11:20 ----------

it is actually my 5th...
05-04-2021, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am so happy to see this thread being used.

05-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #39
Forum Member

+1!

05-04-2021, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not really gratuitous, but excited about some results over the weekend and just want to boast a bit since my editing time is limited and still working through the images. I figured this thread is as good as any!

A while back I was trying to decide which lens to sell to help fund a computer purchase. I have 6, primarily use only 1, but the other 5 are mostly quality glass. After being lambasted for thinking of selling either my 35mm macro or 100mm WR macro (of which I honestly took to heart), I started a bit of a project.

Instead of bringing all of my gear, I have started taking 1-lens trips, with the goal of forcing myself to work within its limits to see if any stand out as keepers or sellers. My first attempt was the HD DA 55-300mm. I wasn't impressed, but was given some pointers and will give it another try later. My latest trip was to the local zoo with the 100mm WR macro.

I never planned much macro work, but holy carp is it a great walk around lens if you have the space to move around and stand back a bit. I was blown away by many of them, especially the ones of peacock feathers. I do need to work on focusing and aperture control because I'm not use to such a shallow DoF, but I'm so glad the members here told me not to sell it.

Don't worry, the photos will be going up here when I finish the edits, but hard to contain the excitement.
05-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #41
mee
Pentaxian

You're a cool dude, Aggie.
05-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #42
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Not really gratuitous, but excited about some results over the weekend and just want to boast a bit since my editing time is limited and still working through the images. I figured this thread is as good as any!

A while back I was trying to decide which lens to sell to help fund a computer purchase. I have 6, primarily use only 1, but the other 5 are mostly quality glass. After being lambasted for thinking of selling either my 35mm macro or 100mm WR macro (of which I honestly took to heart), I started a bit of a project.

Instead of bringing all of my gear, I have started taking 1-lens trips, with the goal of forcing myself to work within its limits to see if any stand out as keepers or sellers. My first attempt was the HD DA 55-300mm. I wasn't impressed, but was given some pointers and will give it another try later. My latest trip was to the local zoo with the 100mm WR macro.

I never planned much macro work, but holy carp is it a great walk around lens if you have the space to move around and stand back a bit. I was blown away by many of them, especially the ones of peacock feathers. I do need to work on focusing and aperture control because I'm not use to such a shallow DoF, but I'm so glad the members here told me not to sell it.

Don't worry, the photos will be going up here when I finish the edits, but hard to contain the excitement.
I've never been a prime fan in the past, but in the past few years have learned to really appreciate them.

My 45mm stayed pretty glued to my D750. And I'm eyeing a new 50mm S for the Z5. Plus I have my 105mm Macro. Was walking around with a Pentax M 28mm over the weekend and it was pretty easy to get sharp photos with on the Z5 too.
05-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #43
mee
Pentaxian

Ok let's go
05-04-2021, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I've never been a prime fan in the past, but in the past few years have learned to really appreciate them.

My 45mm stayed pretty glued to my D750. And I'm eyeing a new 50mm S for the Z5. Plus I have my 105mm Macro. Was walking around with a Pentax M 28mm over the weekend and it was pretty easy to get sharp photos with on the Z5 too.
When I started out with DSLR's, I had just used my phone and really missed having a telephoto lens. When I started with my first DSLR (Olympus e500), its 45-150mm lens lived on it. When I moved to Pentax, I figured I'd want the same, especially moving from 2x to 1.5x crop. But then I learned about light painting and one of the lenses in the kit I bought was the SMC 15mm Limited, and the rest is history.
6 Days Ago   #45
Forum Member

For what is worth, the contest has led me to add more meaningful posts from me.
I use Tapatalk mostly, so not so easy to post my images.
Posted three just today!
Looking forward to the feedback.

Closed Thread