Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Intergalactic space travel has been going on for at least 95,000,000 years. Here is L Ron Hubbard's own writing about it.
Starting a religion proved a lot more lucrative than writing so so science fiction, which is why he did it.

11-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #17
Inactive Account

That's only because he was so shithouse at writing science fiction.

Dude has some serious delusions of grandure.

Also, he shelled Mexico.
11-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I think its because there is no proof of anything, no real good photos or film footage that hasn't been debunked - despite having a digital camera in millions of devices now, and growing numbers of film and digital cameras in the hands of the general population for decades... No real evidence exists.

Then there's the problem of time & space - we'd have to accept that the laws of physics as we know them are basically wrong, and that it is possible to travel at greater than the speed of light...

And then there's the human need to believe in things like this - aliens have been described as 'the new Angels'...

I don't know, I think it's unlikely that we're the only life in the universe, it's even probably unlikely that we're the only intelligent life, but I need real evidence to believe that they're actively visiting us.

I think part of the problem is that often people can't grasp how incredibly huge the universe is.

There are literally thousands of images available that are not blurred. There are radar returns that confound the most experienced radar operators. There are physical trace cases throughout the world. There are hundreds of video's taken by the space shuttle that cannot be explained. There are millions of animal mutilations that cannot be explained via the standard scientific approach. De-sanguinated cattle, horses, cats etc. Just Google Linda Moulton Howe for more info. Just read some of the books by Timothy Good, Budd Hopkins, Dr.Stephen Green, Dr. David Jacobs PHd. and Richard Dolan who wrote UFO's and the National Security State.

Of course with our limited knowledge of physics, we cannot help but to think in terms of travel based on that paradigm. We are just starting to delve in to the "Zero Point", anti gravitics and Quantum Theory. The manner in which they appear and disappear seems to be associated with changes of frequency rather than mass.

I have researched this anomaly for close to 20 years now and the more I study this phenomena I come away with the certitude that we are being visited by a multiplicity of different vehicles and more than likely races.
11-23-2008, 02:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HouseOfHorla Quote
Assume that there are other lifeforms out there.

Assume that they have the technology and intelligence to build these hugely powerful machines that can cross vast distances across time and space.

Why would they want to come here?

To amuse themselves at the antics of a planet who, possibly in their terms, have just invented fire?

If they had this intelligence why would they even consider the above given that they would
be regarding this planet as a sort of zoo? My assumption being that this sort of behaviour
would be regarded as being somewhat primitive in such an advanced lifeform. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Or, did Douglas Adams hit the nail on the head? Kids who just like buzzing planets for the
sheer hell of it. Why not? I'd imagine any society has its share of teenage tearaways and
that will probably never change. All part of growing up no matter how advanced the society.
Just Google Prof.Sam Chang the Genome project or go to this link:

Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA, page 1

This might just explode our comfortable paradigm to smithereens.

11-23-2008, 02:48 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
This is a prison colony planet much like Australia was a prison colony were put here thousands of years ago. They pay us a visit to keep an eye on us and to see if we've managed to exterminate ourselves yet.
Wonder if they are impressed at our progress or dismayed at the fact that we continue to survive.?
11-23-2008, 02:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
This is a prison colony planet much like Australia was a prison colony were put here thousands of years ago. They pay us a visit to keep an eye on us and to see if we've managed to exterminate ourselves yet.
You know something..There may be some truth to your quip. Do a bit of research. That hypothesis has been discussed by many. You may also look in to why the moon is 1 Billion years older than the earth and why we never see the dark side of the moon. There is so much out there that we do not know...

66 percent of all of the Mars probes have failed and in most cases have yet to be explained why.
11-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Wonder if they are impressed at our progress or dismayed at the fact that we continue to survive.?
We have not yet gone beyond a Class 1 civilization. We remain a Class 0. If we can make it to a Class 1, we may have a chance.

11-23-2008, 02:55 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AKiss20 Quote
I absolutely believe in life on other planets. Whether or not it is anything that we could recognize, comprehend, or categorize is a completely different story.

With that in mind, I do not believe in UFOs. The sheer amount of energy required for even relatively small distance space travel (a few light years) is staggering, not to mention inter-galaxy travel. Unless if these creatures were able to utilize rips in space-time, or possibly exist in a higher dimension, then I think it would be near impossible to ever detect them, not to mention have them visit.
That is very, very old physics my friend.
11-23-2008, 03:13 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some of you may find this interesting, to others it will be amusing. Each to his own.
Australian Abduction & Sightings Archive - Pre 1990s to 2008

I draw your attention to 1973, I lived a few miles out of Karoonda, born there and left in 1999.

Cheers.
11-23-2008, 03:28 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Some of you may find this interesting, to others it will be amusing. Each to his own.
Australian Abduction & Sightings Archive - Pre 1990s to 2008

I draw your attention to 1973, I lived a few miles out of Karoonda, born there and left in 1999.

Cheers.
"AUFORN" are a very credible research group.
11-23-2008, 05:42 AM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
66 percent of all of the Mars probes have failed and in most cases have yet to be explained why.
Because they're high-tech piece of very delicate, intricate equipment used to do things we've only done a few times before?
11-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It's because Martian Kids have tagged the solar panels...
11-23-2008, 06:47 AM   #28

For centuries, we had phenomena such as weather events and illness which couldn't be explained. So, fantastic stories evolved to explain them. None of the stories were right.
11-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #29

Benjikan: "Why is it when ever this subject comes up, the classic response is derision, nervousness and disqualification?"

I don't ever feel nervous. I don't know anyone who feels nervous when discussing extraterrestrials, bigfoot, angels, Santa Claus or witches except those who believe in them.

Disqualification would be expected from people who take the subject seriously and derision from those who think it's ridiculous. I obviously lean towards derision. There was a wonderful show on the other night about a group who believe there is another world inside the earth that is populated by, among other creatures, extraterrestrials and there is a hole, in the ocean I suppose, near the north pole where you can travel to the other world.
11-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #30

All I know is that I am safe here in Australia, because as we all know, all aliens arrive and invade the USA first. Hollywood never lies..............

Personally I believe in the Douglas Adams approach to extraterrestrial life.