Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2021, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well this is a pandora's box....

I like beer - more leaning towards the crafty ales and stouts rather than lagers. I'm a fan of locally produced Coopers, Prancing Pony, Vale Ale, Pikes and others, but also have a soft spot for the creamy Irish stuff and some of the offerings from Seattle and Alaska that I tasted while I was there.

Being surrounded by the Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale and Barossa Valley, and with Coonawarra and the Clare Valley not too far away, a lifelong fascination with wine is a given. My interests are not limited to the local stuff, however. Beyond the rest of Australia, think Piedmont and Tuscany, and the usual French stuff, as well as Austria, South Africa, Argentina and of course our mates across the Ditch.

Then there's whisk(e)y. I must have 30 single malts on the hop - sourced from Scotland of course, as well as Australia, Ireland, Canada, Japan, the USA, and even England and France.

Don't mind gin either

05-07-2021, 11:57 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Weller, weller, weller
Tell me more, tell me more: was it love at first sight?
05-08-2021, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm somewhat like Sandy.... but most probally a bit cheaper..... but as I enter the second half of my planned retirement I have more "less cheap" days.

Upon reflection... I am still cheap.

Last edited by noelpolar; 05-08-2021 at 12:51 AM.
05-08-2021, 03:04 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll have what you're having, as long as you're buying

Beer naturally, and living in Germany I came to learn what real beer tastes like. Though I don't mind a true Pils, the Bock, Doppelbock, Dunkel and of course Hefeweissen are all fine with me.
I despaired of finding good beer after I returned to the US, but so many craft breweries are in my area that I am spoiled for choice. I find IPAs too hoppy, I lean towards lagers, porters, and stouts, and after a few I lean a bit further.
My boss runs the Valcour brewery in Plattsburgh NY. I recommend a visit.

In my area, there are several local cideries, everything is delicious.

For cocktails and mixed drinks, I don't like too sweet or rich cremes, I like Moscow Mules, Mojitos and Mint Juleps at the verandah.

Really good whiskey needs no additions, and I prefer rye over bourbon.

Last edited by robgski; 05-08-2021 at 04:20 AM.
05-08-2021, 03:30 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Beer like IPA, Pilsner, Stout, Porter, Ales, & so forth & so on. You can say the stronger tasting ones? Not big on light beers.

I do like tequilas & whiskeys too.

Mmmmm..... Yes!

I really enjoyed the special reserve.
05-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Tell me more, tell me more: was it love at first sight?
Pretty much. Hahaha!

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I really enjoyed the special reserve.
They're all great in their own way. The special reserve seems to have a hint of a buttery sweet flavor, for the lack of a better term. The full proof seems to have something like a vanilla/caramel flavor. They all have their own hints of random flavors & they're great! Hahaha!
05-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I keep debating on if i like whiksey or not. Vanilla scotch i think is awesome. But the rest...maybe not so much?

05-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Before I joined Pentax Forums, Rangefinder Forum was my favorite photo forum.

RFF started out as a bunch of hobbyists trading DIY tips on cheap compact 35mm rangefinder cameras.
However, not too long afterwards it was invaded by Leicaphiles and all that entails.

I stayed on, trying my best to remain open-minded.
Then someone started a thread about absinthe...

Chris
05-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Found a great three-ingredient whisky sour that I like to make sometimes: 1 ounce lemon juice, 3 teaspoons maple syrup, 1.5 ounces good bourbon. Throw it in a shaker with ice and get good and frosty. Mmm... I like a semi-local bourbon, Burnside Distillery from Portland - and yes, I know some consider bourbon not made in Kentucky to be a transgression, but Burnside's Goose Hollow RSV is amazing. Smoky and rye-heavy, so spicy.
06-16-2021, 07:34 PM   #40
ctt

Bud Light or Beringer Zinfandel. (Cheap date)
06-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Kolsch is popular in the summertime, I'm happy because it's among my very favorite beers.