harness secured to seat belt 753.85%
other 17.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Bandit has a tether strap that connects his harness to a rear seat belt insert. It allows him to stand with his front paws on the center console of my Kia Soul or stick his nose out either rear side window. He’s a 20 lbs rescue and he goes ballistic in a crate. If I do not fasten him to the backseat he wants to sit on my lap.

Growing up in a hoarding situation, I’m pretty sure he was never crated and had never ridden in a car. He does ok in town but does not relax at highway speeds.

04-30-2021, 11:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I have a 6 month old Corgi and we have a backseat cover for him which buckles into the seat buckle and is pretty secure. That way he can move around a bit and not feel too constrained.
04-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #18

3 dogs, all 20 lbs or less. The Feist usually rides in the passenger seat with my wife. The Cairne Terrier and the Chihuahua ride in the back seat of the pickup (Chevy 2500 HD). We put a pet hammock that attaches to the front and rear headrests on the back seat. The Cairne usually sleeps on a moving blanket on the driver's side floorboard, while the Chihuahua sleeps in the seat.
The latter 2 aren't allowed in the front seat, to keep them out of my lap.

Kirk B.
04-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My Alaskan malamute not really big fan long way travel Usually on the back sit with harness add to belt buckle
Try not little food portion before travel
Also we find out on Amazon big cover you can add to back from seat and backseat look like as travel bed she sleep sometimes
She is 62 lb

05-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
years ago, the ford explorer I was driving with my wife, young son in his infant seat and the chocolate lab, secured in the back in its crate met some black ice

long story short, it left the road went down the hill and turned over 1 1/2 times ending with the driver side down and facing the other way

only injury was to my elbow when I punched out the side window while it did that

not sure if any other type of restraint would have protected us from the 90 lb plus dog flying around the vehicle or protect the dog itself
05-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Late to the party; my 7# dog is always in her booster chair, that has the seat belt going thru it. There is an additional strap secured to seat belt that is then secured to a very good padded harness.

She can look out the window, lay down, and if I hit the brakes, or in an accident, she is restrained in the booster chair.