Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2021, 11:23 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Walk To Defeat ALS

Dear friends,
I'm sharing this photo because I need your help with something that is very important to me.
I was diagnosed with ALS almost 13 years ago, and through almost all that time I needed help.
The ALS Association has been a huge source of help and support for me and my family for all these years, and so every year we participate in the Walk To Defeat ALS. This year we are doing a Virtual Walk on May 15th.
Please help in any way you're able to. Donate to our team if you can. Or join our team and you can set up your own fundraising goal and web page.
Come out on the 15th and Walk with us in your own neighborhood and share your #walktodefeatals photos!
Link below to donate or join our team ❤️❤️❤️

Southern Oregon Walk: Mr. Colton Allen - The ALS Association

05-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You're an inspiration, Colton.
I hope we can help you reach Level 8 - and beyond!

Tim
05-14-2021, 03:56 AM   #3
dlhawes

Since ALS is an autoimmune disorder, the symptoms can be alleviated by a diet low in glutamate and glutamic acid (i.e., no grain other than rice, no dairy products, no soybeans, no peanuts, no shellfish, or derivatives thereof other than starches and fats. Watch for deceptive masking of glutamate with phrases like hydrolyzed or autolyzed proteins and "natural flavors". If it tastes like "umami", don't eat it. Just in case you don't buy my statement as authoritative, check it out for yourself on NIH's "pubmed" website.
10-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
. . . I hope we can help you reach Level 8 - and beyond!

Up to Level 9 now. Congrats, Colton.

Southern Oregon Walk: Mr. Colton Allen - The ALS Association