Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #1

Live Cashback + Ebay Coupon = LBA+CBA!

Just thought I'd share! Nothing like an early Christmas... for those of you that haven't heard about it...

You can save a pretty penny using live.com and ebay for your gear.. and take advantage of it while it lasts! You can save up to 25% of most Buy It Now items, and if you do it before the 30th, you can also use a 10% off ebay coupon on top of it. You'll get the cash back within 6-8 weeks... so it's pretty much like a rebate

I just picked a Brand New K20D body for $510 shipped as well as the 77mm LTD NIB for $420!!

Just need to come up with the funds for that 31mm LTD and the buy my fisheye back

11-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
nah

Photos: Gallery
Man...it only works if you have a US eBay and Paypal account. I wanted to get my DA* 50-135mm.
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

i know about the cashback... but nothing about the ebay coupon...

how does it work?
11-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
nah

QuoteOriginally posted by BBear Quote
i know about the cashback... but nothing about the ebay coupon...

how does it work?
I've been reading some forums and it looks like it's tied to certain accounts. I did find one coupon (CHOLIDAYNOV2008) you can try to see if it works for you.

11-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That's fantastic! Merry XMas to you! Do share photos of the season using your new gear
11-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nah Quote
I've been reading some forums and it looks like it's tied to certain accounts. I did find one coupon (CHOLIDAYNOV2008) you can try to see if it works for you.
eBay coupons are tied to your email account, so even if you have the coupon code it will likely not work unless sent to you by eBay. With this code your PayPal account must also have the same address as your ebay account or it won't work.
11-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

qdoan,
could you explain what i'm doing wrong with this process??

I do a live search from the live.com website, then i'm directed to a list of products under the search of "Pentax da" with a casback search logo in this search item, as well as many other itmes - looks like a google result but says live search at the top. So then i click on Pentax da and it takes me to ebay and a long list of ebay items. None of those items indiicate they are cashback by symbols next to their list itme. Nor when i go to the detailed information, is there any specific reference to cashback, other than a general heading at the top of the ebay website.

Are these applicable cashback items, and how do i tell how much i can get back for a specific item? Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Also, i made use of the 10% off deal on a prodigital lens recently, arriving today i hope, but I think you can only use it one time. Anyone know any different???

Thanks for any help on this, Phil

QuoteOriginally posted by qdoan Quote
Just thought I'd share! Nothing like an early Christmas... for those of you that haven't heard about it...

You can save a pretty penny using live.com and ebay for your gear.. and take advantage of it while it lasts! You can save up to 25% of most Buy It Now items, and if you do it before the 30th, you can also use a 10% off ebay coupon on top of it. You'll get the cash back within 6-8 weeks... so it's pretty much like a rebate

I just picked a Brand New K20D body for $510 shipped as well as the 77mm LTD NIB for $420!!

Just need to come up with the funds for that 31mm LTD and the buy my fisheye back

11-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats. I didn't get the coupon until the day after I ordered my K20. Figures....but I was still happy paying $585 delivered. So I used the coupon and cash back deal again tonight to get the 10-17mm Fisheye $246 delivered. Now if my overtime check will get here. ......
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Does this still work? The cashback logo listings don't come up in my live.com searches, just what looks like regular google results ...

Any advice would be appreciated.
12-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it's 8% now
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FuzzyOne Quote
it's 8% now
I'm not sure I get it. Is this an 8% off coupon for ebay puchases or an 8% discount you get on Buy It Now items through Live.com ??
12-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Has anyone else taken advantage of this deal? If so, can you explain how it works?
12-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
edl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dubesor Quote
I'm not sure I get it. Is this an 8% off coupon for ebay puchases or an 8% discount you get on Buy It Now items through Live.com ??
It's an 8% discount you get on Buy It Now items at EBAY. You must use Paypal to pay.

1. Go to live.com, search for something (I used xbox)
2. Click on the sponsored ebay link with the "$ Live Search Cashback" logo next to it.
3. Now that you're in ebay, you should see a logo at the top that says "$ Microsoft Cashback 8% - Must Use Buy It Now and Paypal"
4. Now search for whatever you want, just make sure you use BIN and Paypal, you'll get the 8% in your Microsoft Live Cashback account after purchase.

I think there's a maximum of $200 per transaction. And Microsoft does change the cashback percentages - I'm waiting until the cashback goes back to 20-25%.