Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2021, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
...we are just so welcoming

First off, i will NEVER stop welcoming new members. They are our lifeblood and always bring something new

A thread popped up from 2018 in which a new member asked for guidance about joining the throng of pentaxians. I think that may have been his last post! How many times have we done this, spending ages crafting an informative response, only to see the individual ..... Or more to the point, not see the individual disappear forever? And yet we still do it! There are certain members who still welcome every newbie, and have done so as long as I have been a member here and I just wanted to say thanks. I think our tireless to help and guidance is something we should be proud of. It may not be appreciated by those who rocket over the horizon, but the welcome and all the subsequent help I have received is appreciated more than I can say. So, to all those who help, teach, advise, guide, correct and welcome, Thank you for persevering

06-18-2021, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
How many times have we done this, spending ages crafting an informative response, only to see the individual ..... Or more to the point, not see the individual disappear forever?
I asked this same question about 5 years ago. I don't remember the result. All we can do is welcome, further participation rests solely on the individual.
06-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like welcoming people in the forum. It gives me an idea of how alive this community can be. I was welcomed like every new member and I appreciate the feedback I get for my artistic adventures and the social interaction with everyone.
Skyrocketing is a mysterious thing, not my concern though.
06-19-2021, 02:58 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think it is good to welcome new members. I usually try to add a comment that makes some connection, just to let them know it is not simply a formality for me.

06-19-2021, 06:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

it's good to get some feedback that's neutral to nice right away.

I can understand if a newbie is hesitant to participate in some threads, say if they think they'll get negative feedback or worse, none at all. So having a welcome thread be.. welcoming.. is always nice, i know it was good for me
06-19-2021, 08:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't welcome every new member (although inside I do ) mainly its the ones who are new to the system or are going through stuff I have experience of. I am no expert but its nice to be able to point people in the direction of those who are
06-20-2021, 08:38 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I welcome every new member as I come across their comments/questions, though I don't monitor the introductions section. My bad.

Steve