Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New website - Themes of Time

This is a website I have been trying to get it up and running for some time. I paid a webdesigner and got it all set up.

This site is getting somewhere now with thanks to all the contributors

I hope this site will expand and continue compile as many images as possible. Surely, the site will be updated in terms of its format and that lies in my current budget

Themes of Time

The photographers are mainly pentax users except that I put the images from other system up there too

11-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Damn Brit

James, I have already visited your site, I like how it looks. Good luck with your project.
11-27-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice James. Like the layout and the content is top quality. I've bookmarked the site
11-27-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice site James.

Might I suggest a "Motion Blurred" category to go along with your "Motion Stopped" one... Good place for photos where the background is still and the principle subject is blurred (not counting blurred water... you already have a category for that).

11-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very cool site, my friend.

Jer
11-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Really like that site, James. I could fiddle around with that tilt viewer thing for ages, that's nifty. Lots of great work there too, by you and many others.
-Dan
11-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The very first photo I turned over had a spelling mistake - Wake boarding at Dockland, Melbourne. Clumsy is spelt incorrectly. Very "flash" site.

11-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Lots of great images there James. I've never seen a website setup that way. Great job.

Thanks for sharing.
11-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #9

There's some top shots in there So good luck with it.

If I'm entirely honest I feel that the site doesn't quite fully knit together and I find the logo/titles a little off-putting. It's similar to a registration issue- not too sure if that's the correct terminology - but you see it in newspapers where the colours don't line up correctly. Don't know what the font is, but maybe drop the embossing back a little?

Sorry roentarre I hope the above is taken in the spirit that it's meant as it's only my opinion, but I feel it's important to match the quality of the photographs (which look cracking) with an absolutely top drawer site to showcase them on.
11-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
Pentaxian

A very nice site and I like the setup.
11-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great site James.
Yes, quite unique but still very user friendly & easy to navigate.
On my higher res screen, the photos come up a little small but I get a good feel for them nonetheless.
They're great photos there.
Well done.
11-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
James, I have already visited your site, I like how it looks. Good luck with your project.
It seems that you did. I think I would need a lot of luck to keep themes going...

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
Very nice James. Like the layout and the content is top quality. I've bookmarked the site
You are rather kind. I would love to keep it going to get to a considerable size in the end.
11-29-2008, 04:38 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Nice site James.

Might I suggest a "Motion Blurred" category to go along with your "Motion Stopped" one... Good place for photos where the background is still and the principle subject is blurred (not counting blurred water... you already have a category for that).
That topic is started by Roger and I will see whether he is happy to change the theme. Thank you for the feedback regarding the topic. I think the themes created are loosely interpreted by many of us and it is rather a relaxing site where some of us may not update the images til few months later ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Very cool site, my friend.

Jer
Thanks Jer

You are always kind.
11-29-2008, 04:41 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Really like that site, James. I could fiddle around with that tilt viewer thing for ages, that's nifty. Lots of great work there too, by you and many others.
-Dan
Thanks, Dan. I think it is at least a starting point for some of us who talk about this concept for ages...

I will see how it will go over time. If not working out, I might just leave it the way it is until it is going to work eventually as long as my salary allows me to maintain the site.

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
The very first photo I turned over had a spelling mistake - Wake boarding at Dockland, Melbourne. Clumsy is spelt incorrectly. Very "flash" site.
Thanks for pointing out that spelling mistake. In fact, Marc pointed it out a few msitakes that I had not changed yet.

hehe

Photography flashes are not something people like. I think it is good to have something with different style in terms of website design.
11-29-2008, 04:44 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Lots of great images there James. I've never seen a website setup that way. Great job.

Thanks for sharing.
Not sure if the site can last over time...
your comments are very valuable! Thanks again

QuoteOriginally posted by HouseOfHorla Quote
There's some top shots in there So good luck with it.

If I'm entirely honest I feel that the site doesn't quite fully knit together and I find the logo/titles a little off-putting. It's similar to a registration issue- not too sure if that's the correct terminology - but you see it in newspapers where the colours don't line up correctly. Don't know what the font is, but maybe drop the embossing back a little?

Sorry roentarre I hope the above is taken in the spirit that it's meant as it's only my opinion, but I feel it's important to match the quality of the photographs (which look cracking) with an absolutely top drawer site to showcase them on.
I do have some reservation with the backgroun and the fonts. The contributing members are rather happy with the initial design so I will take your opinion into consideration when the site is revamped again later on 2009.

Thanks for that criticism