Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Vague Facebook marketplace ad found treasures

Not too bad for $50

Attached Images

06-29-2021, 12:09 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Always worth looking at vague ads on Ebay etc (I've never looked at FB). Partly because other serious bidders are less likely to look at them, and also because the seller usually has no idea of the real value - they are often clearing the house of a deceased relative and just want rid of it, especially when you see a nice complete outfit like that. I got a mint AF280T flash and a set of extension tubes (plus some other rubbish I threw away) for only £5 recently because no-one else noticed it; usually a dealer snaps up things like that.
06-29-2021, 12:49 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Always worth looking at vague ads on Ebay etc (I've never looked at FB). Partly because other serious bidders are less likely to look at them, and also because the seller usually has no idea of the real value - they are often clearing the house of a deceased relative and just want rid of it, especially when you see a nice complete outfit like that. I got a mint AF280T flash and a set of extension tubes (plus some other rubbish I threw away) for only £5 recently because no-one else noticed it; usually a dealer snaps up things like that.
It's basically amounts to 50 bucks for an F50
06-29-2021, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brightseal Quote
It's basically amounts to 50 bucks for an F50
Which is less than half of what is usually asked for one around here. Sell the rest and it's completely free.

I lucked out on such an ad for a kit that involved a K 50/1.2. I think if you monitor all the platforms for all mounts you could make a living out of buying those and then selling them at market value.

06-29-2021, 02:40 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

A good find indeed. I always look deeper into the ads where you can't see what's on offer.

06-29-2021, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #6

Good scouting on your part.
Congrats.
Karen
06-30-2021, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Nice haul. Most people on FB around here are a bit more savvy than that. The ones that would do stuff like that dump their wares elsewhere, unfortunately for me!

Side note the SF-10 was my first Pentax camera, still have a few scans in my archive somewhere