Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #1

Microsoft cashback

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi Fellow Pentaxians,

I am planning to purchase a couple of new lenses. The live.com cashback is showing 30% discount. I have never used it. So I have three questions.

How does it work? I can buy an item through live.com, ebay and the amount of cashback is shown during checkout / buy on ebay page. So do I pay the full amount through paypal and then the discount amount is deposited in my cashback account? Or I pay the discounted amount during checkout? The second question is how do I transfer the cashback amount (if this gets deposited as the rebate amount after a purchase) to my bank account or credit card account? I do not want money sitting in a cashback account. The final question is can I combine ebay 10% coupon with this cashback?

I have created live and cashback accounts already. I hope some of you used these services in the recent past and would like to help me understand the system. Thanks a lot.

Subho

11-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You pay the full amount and then wait for up to 60 days before the money is released to your paypal account then you can get it to your bank account. I didn't realize it took so long till I did it for the first time. They say it's because you may return the item or something, so you have to wait.
I THINK you can use the coupon at the same time but I'm not absolutely sure about that. I bought something Wednesday evening and was scared to mess up the cashback, afterwards I found a deal that sounded like I could have used it.
Shoot, I only had a 25% offer.
11-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of out forum members has a few lenses on right now and if you have a look at his listings, there is a link to follow that takes you through the process.

You can see the listings here:
eBay Canada Seller: marsdreamer: Cameras Photo on eBay.ca at low prices
11-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
You pay the full amount and then wait for up to 60 days before the money is released to your PayPal account then you can get it to your bank account. I didn't realize it took so long till I did it for the first time. They say it's because you may return the item or something, so you have to wait....
They also cap the rebate at $200 per item. Keep in mind, the program can (and will) be suspended at any moment and may not be reopened, or reopened with different terms. BEWARE... Keep your head screwed on right and don't let this uncertainty stampede you. Sellers know that fear of loss is the greatest motivator to buyer action. If you miss out, it really was not meant to be. Get over it and move on.

Finally many non-eBay/PayPal merchants participate but offer different rebate percentages. So if you are concerned about entering into a transaction with an "unknown" dealer and wish to buy from one you do know, in most cases that merchant is a player, but a lesser rebate percentage.

Take care...

11-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
They also cap the rebate at $200 per item. Keep in mind, the program can (and will) be suspended at any moment and may not be reopened, or reopened with different terms. BEWARE... Keep your head screwed on right and don't let this uncertainty stampede you. Sellers know that fear of loss is the greatest motivator to buyer action.
They really do try to stampede you, you only have an hour to make up your mind after you enter the search. If you don't buy does this count as one of your twelve sessions or can you buy twelve items? I've never figured that out.
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kibipod Quote
The final question is can I combine ebay 10% coupon with this cashback?
yes, you can... I did myself and transaction was w/o any issues.
11-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

How exactly? Does it give you the option once you commit to buy or before?

11-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
How exactly? Does it give you the option once you commit to buy or before?
you have a field to enter your coupon
11-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
They really do try to stampede you, you only have an hour to make up your mind after you enter the search. If you don't buy does this count as one of your twelve sessions or can you buy twelve items? I've never figured that out.
It's 12 items, not sessions. I know because I've started more than 12 sessions.

I'll admit it, I've already used up my 12 cashbacks
11-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #10

Original Poster
Prodigital2000 okay?

This discussion is really helpful. I am planning to buy from Prodigital2000 through ebay. Its in Canada and shows prices in CDN $. I am from US and will pay US$ through my paypal.

So is the offer still valid? Or there is some catch. I hope someone from US bought from Prodigital using this cashback.

Finger crossed :ugh:
11-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kibipod Quote
This discussion is really helpful. I am planning to buy from Prodigital2000 through ebay. Its in Canada and shows prices in CDN $. I am from US and will pay US$ through my paypal.

So is the offer still valid? Or there is some catch. I hope someone from US bought from Prodigital using this cashback.

Finger crossed :ugh:
prodigital2000 was not compatible w/ M$ live cashback (they did not use a standard paypal checkout)... is something different today ?
11-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
prodigital2000 was not compatible w/ M$ live cashback (they did not use a standard paypal checkout)... is something different today ?
Not when I tried.
11-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I was just shopping around on this and read some of the conditions. One of them is having to be 18 years and a resident of the US.

So... us Canadians ... guess we're out?
11-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info Miserere.
The cashback worked for me with Prodigital but I had to be sure to use Paypal.
11-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #15

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for sharing the information.