Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Microsoft Cashback now instant!?!

Live Cashback went to 30% today. So I decided to pop for a new lens, Pentax 55-300. I also had a 10% off Paypal coupon sent ot me by eBay. Tri-State had the best Buy-It-now price. Total with shipping was 324.92 I paid 293.92, Paypal paid 31.00 and the expected Live Cashback was 92.99 in 60 days. I get an email from Paypal saying I got 92.99 balance. So I go sheck both my Live Cashback account and Paypal account and I have a 92.99 Paypal balance that I didn't have before.

Has anyone else tried it.

11-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a lens Wednesday evening and only got 25% off. I checked my balance today and it wasn't available, how did you do that?:-)
11-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I bought a tripod yesterday, got 25% off and I have to wait until January 26 before it posts. So to answer your question, I don't know how I did that.
11-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Something from the Live Cashback FAQ

Q: Why are some eBay rewards deposited immediately?
A: When you make a purchase that is eligible for cashback on eBay using PayPal, PayPal might decide that your cashback reward is eligible for immediate deposit (see eBay's terms and conditions). For these rewards, check the PayPal account that you used to make the purchase, and see your cashback! For eBay purchases that are not rewarded immediately, your reward will be deposited automatically after 60 days to the PayPal account you used to make the purchase. If you decide to return your purchase with cashback that was rewarded immediately, PayPal will reverse the cashback reward.

Just an FYI.

11-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You guys are sooooo lucky to have the MS cashback. Also rebates. We get nothing here in Australia and can't get the cashback when we buy through ebay USA. Wish I knew someone in USA that could buy for me, claim the cashback and send the items to me. Oh well....enjoy and make the most of the great savings
11-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #6

Dead right: it makes it really frusrating as I am poised to buy the K-M but cannot decide if I should wait a while and buy locally or take the plunge on eBay now before the camera gets popular.
11-29-2008, 03:30 AM   #7
Forum Member

MS Cashback Outside of US

Dazman,
I can't say that this works for you but I can say that I'm in Korea (although from the US) and if you change the location on the live.com page to US you should be able to see the MS Cashback logos.

11-29-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by highyellow1 Quote
Dazman,
I can't say that this works for you but I can say that I'm in Korea (although from the US) and if you change the location on the live.com page to US you should be able to see the MS Cashback logos.
Yes, but you need to be a US resident and have a US address to qualify.
11-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
You guys are sooooo lucky to have the MS cashback. Also rebates. We get nothing here in Australia and can't get the cashback when we buy through ebay USA. Wish I knew someone in USA that could buy for me, claim the cashback and send the items to me. Oh well....enjoy and make the most of the great savings
It's not always a lucky thing. Nearly every photographic item must be imported and until recently the weak US dollar killed us. Now with a weak economy and a stronger dollar we are starting to look better. Also some stores in some countries simply won't ship to the US. I tried to buy a discontinued item from the UK and they told me even if they were the only place in the world that had it, and they seem to be, they couldn't/wouldn't sell to the US.

I am taking advantage of every opportunity to buy now, because I know that in a few months things won't look as rosy here. I even have multiple eBay accounts to make sure I can buy more than 12 items with Live Cashback.
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I ordered a ballhead last night got the 30%, though it will take 60 days for the rebate. <shrugs>
11-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I just bought a Sigma 70-200/2.8 and got $200 cash back instantly, plus an additional 10% off coupon from paypal, lens ended up less than $500 shipped. Sweet deal.
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I wonder if there's any way you can tell which sellers you can buy from that will get you the instant cash back? I've been wanting a Sigma 105 and would buy right now if I knew for sure that the cashback would be instant, as opposed to having to wait 60 days.

Heather
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
Inactive Account

not really sure what the deal is with instant vs 60 days.... I've purchased 2 items since it went from 25% to 30% and both were instant....meaning that it's been instant for me ever since it went up to 30% cashback.

One of the purchases was from a "powerseller" store and the other was from a member here, a personal account.... so maybe everything is instant now.
11-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Hmmm... Just last night (Saturday) I did a BIN and I'm going to have to wait 60 days. I wonder if it's just a random thing--do you just get lucky?

Heather
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
wish I could get a Bigma and that kind of deal.