Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2021, 05:44 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
No doubt the President will issue an "executive order" to that effect soon, on account of its methane content contributing to.
Cows are a much bigger problem - and California has a significant dairy industry. Going after them might be a political issue for the governor, but because of their water issue, they may have to decide between people and cows. Other states may complain if they soak up even more water, and so far no one has talked about solar powered desalinization.

10-14-2021, 05:54 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Without taking sides in this, or considering the rights and wrongs, this claim seems a massive stretch. I'm not in the USA a, let alone California. But :
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article254897052.html

What pollution are they talking about? The leaf blower would use about 1 litre of fuel, the Camry, I don't know, but lets say it does 40 mpg so would use about 140 litres. What is it in the 1 litre that is more than in the 140 litres? Have they picked on some tiny trace element to grab the headlines? It would be interesting to see a real technical reference for this claim.
I suppose the local pollution produced by a leaf blower used in one place could be worse than the pollution produced by the car as the car spreads the pollution over the full journey distance.

10-14-2021, 06:11 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don’t know about your country, but in the US, small gasoline engines tend to be smoky, pollution-emitting ‘dragons’.
They also tend not to be maintained very well, getting a tune-up only when they won’t run any more.

I recall that when my father cut the grass of our small lawn
in Queens using our old 2-cycle gas engine lawnmower
the pall of blue smoke stretched halfway down the block.

Chris