Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 118 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2021, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Steve, sorry to hear. I don't pray but I'm certainly holding thumbs that you receive the transplant you need as soon as possible.
Thinking of you and your family.

12-11-2021, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Steve, I'm really sorry to hear about your illness. I will keep you in my thoughts and I do hope you are able to get through this.
12-11-2021, 05:55 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I forbid you to leave us, Steve!
We need you here.
12-11-2021, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish you strength and a successful outcome Steve, may fortune be with you.

12-11-2021, 06:21 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everyone at Pentax Forums is pulling for you Steve.

Chris
12-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Steve, you will be in my prayers. A very close friend of mine was also diagnosed with this recently and you both will be on my prayer list.
12-11-2021, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #22

It truly saddens me to hear this news. Losing you would be a great loss to your family, friends and this community. My hopes and best wishes are focused on you and your family. Let us all hope that things will work out next year and you'll be around for many more years.

12-11-2021, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So very sorry to read this, Steve. You have a profoundly positive impact on this forum - I have learned more from your posts than any other.

Sending best wishes your way, and sincere hopes that a suitable transplant can be found ASAP.
12-11-2021, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It has been five years since I got my diagnosis.
In an earlier thread you posted in a year or so ago: you alluded to having serious illness, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the lung transplant. For something so incredibly small, the virus CoVid-19 really has messed up a lot of things.
12-12-2021, 02:20 AM   #25
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Hi Steve

.... Yet, I still cannot fathom as to what it feels like to deal with your own mortality....
Best come to grips with that one, since we're all "terminal", if not "ill". Death is what teaches you how to live. Not that any of us wishes to get there any sooner than necessary. The hard part of having fatal disorders is the waiting and uncertainty (I've had one foot in the grave for the past sixty years). And as to that, @SteveBrot, I can sympathize. And the "higher power" (it doesn't care what you call it) does help when asked properly (i.e., with the right mental attitudes, not according to any particular form). No guarantees, but I will ask Daddy to help.
12-12-2021, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m very sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

---------- Post added 12-12-21 at 04:18 AM ----------

I’m very sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
12-12-2021, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
General Talk has been the traditional place for sharing bad news of this sort and here I am. Several years ago, lost my mother and two of my aunts to Fibrotic Lung Disease. It has been five years since I got my diagnosis. I have been waiting for a lung transplant listing since this last spring at UCSF in San Francisco, but with Covid, that process too has been disrupted. With any luck, I may be considered at the first of the year.

If you are a praying person, I ask that you remember me. Forum member Javier does so daily, for which I am very grateful and I am sure he is not alone here in his faith. Thank you.
So sorry about your diagnosis and your long wait for a transplant, Steve. I will remember you in my prayers too.
12-12-2021, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am a praying man and will add you to my list of people in need. Your need is great, but the One who hears our prayers is greater.
12-12-2021, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #29
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

You are in my thoughts and prayers

And, as you can see from the other posts, I am not the only one doing the best that we can do to support you
12-12-2021, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the loss of a close one a few days ago here, this comes as a shock to me .... I am not very good at expressing myself in those sort of situations but be assured that I feel for you.
We all hope that this transplant will become a reality for you very soon and that the "Powers That Be" will bring renewal.

Best wishes Steve.

JP