Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 118 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2022, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wishing you a turn of good luck. Anyway, we can't afford to let you go because you are one of the most knowledgable guys on the forum

I've never worked out what your avatar is though!

01-02-2022, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Steve, I don't really know what to say that would amount to much in the grand scheme of things. I can say that during my 14 years on this forum, you have been one of the biggest resources for photography, Pentax gear and history on here. There may be 3 people I can think of that have contributed as deeply to the site and the members of this forum.
01-02-2022, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
General Talk has been the traditional place for sharing bad news of this sort and here I am. Several years ago, lost my mother and two of my aunts to Fibrotic Lung Disease. It has been five years since I got my diagnosis. I have been waiting for a lung transplant listing since this last spring at UCSF in San Francisco, but with Covid, that process too has been disrupted. With any luck, I may be considered at the first of the year.

If you are a praying person, I ask that you remember me. Forum member Javier (jgredline) does so daily, for which I am very grateful and I am sure he is not alone here in his faith. Thank you.

I was reminded this weekend that Javier also has his challenges as a thyroid cancer survivor who is in a new cycle of chemotherapy. Prayers are needed there are well.

Steve
I will remember you in prayers, Steve. Thanks for letting us know.
01-02-2022, 10:23 PM - 5 Likes   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
I've never worked out what your avatar is though!

Steve

01-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #80
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
How does it look regaring the transplant, is there a date reserved for you?
I have not been listed yet and still have some testing that needs to be done.

Steve
01-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve, I feel badly for you. This is the worst time to get something like this, as I am sure you know. The hospitals are pretty full. We have had to be aggressive for my dad to find treatment for his cancer. Don't be afraid, to have family members become assertive in advocating for your interest.
I would like to share with you something I saw today that was meaningful, from your region, and made me react emotionally. Probably something you already saw, but if not, enjoy. If you have not seen it, view the video at the end of the article. The reaction is precious. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/kraken/kraken-fan-nadia-popovici-lauded-...e-during-game/
01-03-2022, 10:53 PM - 1 Like   #82
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve. I just ran across this thread, and so sorry. I think everyone here "knows" and respects you for the knowledge and graciousness you so willingly share with us.

I'm praying that you get the transplant soon.

01-03-2022, 10:59 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Best wishes to you and your family. Keep the hope that any given day you might get the call for the procedure. Thank you for sharing this, as well as everything else shared in the forums.
01-04-2022, 12:41 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Thinking of you, Steve. Let me know if you want to chat at all (that extends to all PF users here). As always, it's fine not to, too.
01-06-2022, 03:10 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry to hear this. I wish for the best for you and your family.

I always see a little rhino in your avatar for some reason, even though I know it is a flower...
01-10-2022, 04:12 AM   #86
Veteran Member

I just came across this thread and wanted to post my support to you and your family Steve. This disease you are dealing with is terrible and I am so sorry to read about your prognosis and difficulty with getting a transplant.

Like many others here I have found you to be a wealth of knowledge. But what I appreciate most is how you share that knowledge in a straight forward manner without putting on airs. I want to thank you for that and wish you strength in your battle. I have been the primary caregiver for my mom now the last 5 years in her battle with stage 4 lung cancer.. Its been up and down all that time but whats amazed me is the pace at which technology and treatments grew in that short time. Stay positive Steve. I HOPE you can get that transplant soon and that available treatments improve for your illness. Theres been alot of progress on lung transplants the last few years that could really increase their availibility.

AL
01-10-2022, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
General Talk has been the traditional place for sharing bad news of this sort and here I am. Several years ago, lost my mother and two of my aunts to Fibrotic Lung Disease. It has been five years since I got my diagnosis. I have been waiting for a lung transplant listing since this last spring at UCSF in San Francisco, but with Covid, that process too has been disrupted. With any luck, I may be considered at the first of the year.

If you are a praying person, I ask that you remember me. Forum member Javier (jgredline) does so daily, for which I am very grateful and I am sure he is not alone here in his faith. Thank you.

I was reminded this weekend that Javier also has his challenges as a thyroid cancer survivor who is in a new cycle of chemotherapy. Prayers are needed there are well.

Steve
I am a man of faith and did pray for you at the appropriate place in our service.
I do pray that you will get an appropriate transplant soon, and that you will still have many good years to come.
01-10-2022, 05:51 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Sorry to hear this. I wish for the best for you and your family.

I always see a little rhino in your avatar for some reason, even though I know it is a flower...
That makes two of us.
01-10-2022, 06:02 AM - 3 Likes   #89
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve

I can't understand how I missed this thread until now

It's clear from your interactions with others in these forums that you're a good, kind-hearted and well-liked fellow, and you're someone I consider a firm forum friend. I'm always saddened when I hear anyone is unwell, even those with whom I have no connection, but I'm particularly so because it's you.

I'm not religiously inclined, so not usually one for prayer - but in an occasional display of hypocrisy, I've made the odd exception from time-to-time when circumstances warranted. It seems these are such circumstances, so I'll say the best one I can on your behalf when I have a quiet moment to myself this evening... and you'll be in my thoughts day-to-day - good, positive thoughts that, along with those from all your other friends here (and I'm sure they are many), might just tip the balance in your favour.

Take care of yourself and keep fighting

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-10-2022 at 06:10 AM.
01-10-2022, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #90
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Steve

I can't understand how I missed this thread until now

It's clear from your interactions with others in these forums that you're a good, kind-hearted and well-liked fellow, and you're someone I consider a firm forum friend. I'm always saddened when I hear anyone is unwell, even those with whom I have no connection, but I'm particularly so because it's you.

I'm not religiously inclined, so not usually one for prayer - but in an occasional display of hypocrisy, I've made the odd exception from time-to-time when circumstances warranted. It seems these are such circumstances, so I'll say the best one I can on your behalf when I have a quiet moment to myself this evening... and you'll be in my thoughts day-to-day - good, positive thoughts that, along with those from all your other friends here (and I'm sure they are many), might just tip the balance in your favour.

Take care of yourself and keep fighting
Thank you, good friend.

Steve