Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2022, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bad eBay/Mercari/FB Marketplace Rating Because a Shipper Was Slow

Over the past few months I’ve received bad seller ratings on three occasions because the shipping service took longer than a week to deliver a package I mailed or sent the same day as the purchase. I provide tracking. The seller can see that the shipping service has the item. How is it my fault when the shipping service delays delivery? The two four star eBay ratings cost me my preferred seller status and now eBay hold my payments up. Now, a buyer dinged me on Mercari because UPS took eight days to deliver a 3 Day Select package. It would be different if I had waited days to ship the items!

02-01-2022, 07:51 AM   #2
Forum Member

Point well taken...

I've been waiting over a week now for an ebay item that the Post Office "partner" shipper (DHL?) Seems to have been taking its time with.

Admittedly, I feel like dinging the seller for the delay...but you've reminded me that it is very likely out of the seller's control.

Ebay ought to recognize this, too, and not penalize sellers!

Thanks,

Mike
02-01-2022, 08:55 AM   #3

Or at least offer you the chance to clear it up with eBay, if not the buyer.

02-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

You can probably talk to ebay about it, I know people have even gotten full blown negatives off their profile.

I know I have an order for a camera from Ukraine that I ordered about 2 weeks ago and it's still in limbo but it's not the fault of the seller. It's just how it is with everything going on over there.

02-01-2022, 12:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

My gripe is with a certain courier service who apparently feel that they represent a certain Greek god ****** (the Roman Mercury), who was the god of translators and interpreters. He was the most clever of the Olympian gods, and served as messenger for all the other gods.

Of some half dozen deliveries by the company recently, not one has been placed in the secure place clearly indicated by a large notice on my door. Most have been left blocking my doorway, which is also my emergency exit, and one I had to clamber over to be able to drag it into my hall. Two items have been damaged. On each occasion I have informed both the seller and the company themselves, whose contact details require the abilities of Sherlock Holmes to fathom out. Sellers have been, in the most part, helpful - the courier company, nothing. I now request that another company be used for deliveries whenever I purchase any item.

Hint : change just one letter of the name, and they become a transmissible disease.
02-02-2022, 12:34 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I marked one down because the seller charged double the actual cost of postage (I run post offices so know what I am talking about) but would never penalise the seller, even if they e slow to post. What I do is contact them directly. Try contacting eBay. You could contact the customers but if they are unreasonable enough to blame you for the failings of a national company, they aren't likely to go to the trouble of retracting their feedback.
02-02-2022, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In her feedback/review a now-deceased PF member once mentioned delay due to
misdirection of the package by the shipper she chose for a lens I sent her at no cost...

Chris

02-03-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Try contacting eBay. You could contact the customers but if [....] they aren't likely to go to the trouble of retracting their feedback.
I did not know that Ebay feedback could be retracted. When you are about to give feedback it warns you that it cannot be changed afterwards.
02-03-2022, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I usually give 5 star ratings for feedback on ebay/etsy/miscl, mainly because I know the seller can only do so much once they drop off the package & it's in the carriers hands.
02-03-2022, 02:39 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Over the past few months I’ve received bad seller ratings on three occasions because the shipping service took longer than a week to deliver a package I mailed or sent the same day as the purchase. I provide tracking. The seller can see that the shipping service has the item. How is it my fault when the shipping service delays delivery? The two four star eBay ratings cost me my preferred seller status and now eBay hold my payments up. Now, a buyer dinged me on Mercari because UPS took eight days to deliver a 3 Day Select package. It would be different if I had waited days to ship the items!
That seems most unfair.

Courier service seems hit and miss at the moment. I waited 2 weeks for a bag of flour that's usually an overnight delivery. For the last week, the bag's been driving around our town in the courier van. I rang the company yesterday and the dispatcher told me: "We've been having some issues with that driver. I've called him and if he's not by you within the next hour, call me back and I'll tear him a new (insert commonly used word for exit orifice)". He was here within a half hour.
02-04-2022, 03:44 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It doesn't seem right. Sellers don't have control over how fast the mails run. If people want to pay for two day shipping, that's fine, but usually they don't. As a seller, if you got something out the door within 48 hours and packed the item well, I think you have done your part. After that, it is on the shipping company and people can track items to see their progress.
02-13-2022, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a user on Reddit report me to Mods as a scammer because of a perfume I I sold him. Claimed it was fake and was highly upset PayPal wouldn't refund him since he used Friends and Family to pay. He didn't want to of the Goods and services charge. Luckily I had the original proof of purchase from an authorized retailer buried in my email.