Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2022, 03:53 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax in Anime

Cameras of different brands are also found in anime. Often the cameras shown are without a name, sometimes the name is alienated - such as NIKOM, but then again they are correctly labeled. As with any genre, there is a wide range of topics in anime, ranging from kid-friendly to explicit adult content. In between, there are light high school novels aimed at a younger audience, much about food and cooking, travel, fishing, climbing, music, and more, but also more serious topics aimed at an adult audience, such as looking at today's society, relationships, loneliness, single parenthood, addiction, career, failure, success, loss, character development and so on.

But here we are talking about cameras that are featured in anime, specifically Pentax cameras. I don't know how many anime there are that feature Pentax cameras, maybe this is the only one. Anyway, this one was brought to my attention and I would like to present it here. It is a college comedy called "Tamayura" about the daily life of some photo club members. Among other things, the protagonist uses a Pentax Q. Feel free to add more posts to the thread.

Here now is a screenshot of the Pentax Q from the anime: (if this is of concern due to copy rights please contact me)

Attached Images

03-27-2022, 04:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've noticed quite often that in anime/manga cameras are usually Nikons... even if unlabeled, they tend to keep the red stripe on the grip. I don't think I've seen any Pentax, though!