QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
That's not nice..... <-- couldn't find a smilie sticking out his tongue

I had to look up to see what the heck you were saying:

Necro may refer to:

necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death
Necro (rapper) (b. 1976), an American rapper
most necros use the dark arts soul reaping death curses

not quite

"necro thread" or "necro'ing a thread" is an online term used on threads or posters who bring old threads to the top again

the last post in this thread was over a month ago, and you brought it to light again

ergo, you necro'ed it.
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Only because I'm still a noob here and trying to learn all I can prior to receiving my camera. I like to read and comment as I go along. Obviously you have an issue with this.

Must move along to find another forum with less online bully's.

Have a good one!
01-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #34
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
not quite

"necro thread" or "necro'ing a thread" is an online term used on threads or posters who bring old threads to the top again

the last post in this thread was over a month ago, and you brought it to light again

ergo, you necro'ed it.

So in all your wisdom you thought it best to get cute with a new member - not so thoughtful Mr. Gooshin.

He broke no posting rules on this forum.

Who made you 'forum cop' anyway?

Perhaps an apology is in order.

II. Posting
There is no limit on the number of posts made by each user, but topics must always be created in the correct corresponding forum category. Flooding, spamming, and advertising are not tolerated. Although users may occasionally post links to useful resources and personal galleries, any other sites may not be promoted. All posts are also to be written in a mature fashion with correct spelling and grammar.

Users may edit or delete their own posts at any time, but please be aware that double-posting or thread bumping is not allowed. If a user spots any instance of forum abuse, spam, or illegal activity, he or she is asked to contact a moderator or administrator at earliest convenience.

We ask that all users use BBCode styling reasonably; large text sizes, greatly varied fonts, and strange coloring are not allowed. Please note that any HTML code posted on the forum will not be parsed and is therefore not allowed.

These rules also apply to user photo gallery and links directory comments.

01-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #35
Veteran Member

did i say that he broke any rules?

i found it comical

he misunderstood what i said the first time, and when i tried to explain to him what i meant, he calls me a bully, and throws an underhanded insult at the forum, as if everyone here is a bully, and now according to you i'm cute as well?

you want me to apologize? okay

i'm sorry he mistunderstood me.

there.

Last edited by Gooshin; 01-20-2009 at 07:17 PM.
01-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #36
graphicgr8s

Gotta say I'm with JScott on this. You owe him an apology. I didn't know what necro was either but if an old thread is revived and a body doesn't like it, well, don't read it. This is just my opinion so please don't hit me. (unless your a hot female with long blonde hair)
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Gotta say I'm with JScott on this. You owe him an apology. I didn't know what necro was either but if an old thread is revived and a body doesn't like it, well, don't read it. This is just my opinion so please don't hit me. (unless your a hot female with long blonde hair)
i guess sometimes i get ahead of myself and assume people on forums are into forums as much as i am.. (ive been around forums for a looong time )

my necro comment was never meant as an insult, merely as a comical musing, like "holy crap this is an old thread"

01-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps a little less sensitivity is in order here....
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i guess sometimes i get ahead of myself and assume people on forums are into forums as much as i am.. (ive been around forums for a looong time )

my necro comment was never meant as an insult, merely as a comical musing, like "holy crap this is an old thread"
This thread is actually newer than your joke thread. And the web as only been going good for ~15 years. Plus, Wildnsyko actually had something good to add to this particular thread which is barely a month old.
01-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
This thread is actually newer than your joke thread. And the web as only been going good for ~15 years. Plus, Wildnsyko actually had something good to add to this particular thread which is barely a month old.
i love you too blue.
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #41
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by the_int21h Quote
Just a silly question, but whenever I have gone to Walmart, Walgreens, etc and had them make a print, all the work I spent on getting the color just right would get reverted back to original with auto-correcting in the processor. All my nice warm shots would come back looking cold and boring. Anyone found a way around this or know something I don't?

Thanks,
Brian
Check this site out. Dry Creek Photo It has the color profiles to a lot of machines around the world as well as some other interesting information about color management.

Regards
01-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #42
Inactive Account

And I'll accept the apology from all you that have called me a "he". Been a "she" for oh, about 40 years or so... gave birth to kids to prove it.

And for me to not understand these new acronyms used on the internet, it's because I'm old. I have to either do a search or ask my kids. I prefer to call it like I see it.

Do I accept the apology from Gooshin? I'll think about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back to the topic at hand.

Does anyone print their own photos at home or is it better to have them printed elsewhere?
01-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #43
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
And I'll accept the apology from all you that have called me a "he". Been a "she" for oh, about 40 years or so... gave birth to kids to prove it.

And for me to not understand these new acronyms used on the internet, it's because I'm old. I have to either do a search or ask my kids. I prefer to call it like I see it.

Do I accept the apology from Gooshin? I'll think about it.
Accept it. He's actually a helpful, nice sort. Just don't tell him I said that. He gets a big head.

Personally I print at work on a Xerox Doc 12 or a Ricoh LC 160

Oh yeah, I'm older than you 2.

OK I am giving fair warning. Stupidity follows below

So before you were a she you were a he. Or before you were a he you were a she?

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 01-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.
01-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #44

My aunt is a manager at Walgreens and I had this problem last spring when taking pictures of my cousin for her. Basically I sent my picture through Walgreens to the closest store to her to view (not the store she works at). The store called me maybe an hour after I sent them and said that they were "professional" and were not able to print them in which I replied they are mine, I can come into prove it (since they were one my camera). Kind of an inconvenience to drive up to the store all the way across two towns but I didn't want to get my aunt involved. Showed my pictures on my camera, they were quite sorry for having me come up there but they recognized my cousin (manager know my aunt) and just had to flag it. Apparently if you prove that you are a "professional" they can check your account to be a professionals and can get a 10% discount on prints. My aunt forgot to mention this whole professional ordeal to me when I sent these but then again she deals with this kind of stuff everyday and probably forgot since I usually get my prints online. So not sure about Wally-world but if you can prove your a professional to Walgreens I believe they can check your account as a professional in which you shouldn't have any more problems.
01-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #45
graphicgr8s

I've sent Walgreens files and had a huge copyright symbol in the background and they still ran them.